Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 4:14:01 AM EDT
OK, it's time to get off my but and get some training in. I'm looking for info on facilities in the area. Best bang for the buck, how are the instructors, extent of advanced classes, long gun classes available, etc. Due to budget constarints, getting M16 after tax refund, Thunder Ranch is out of reach. Also, has anyone done the knife course at Insights?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of Oregon do you live in?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:13:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in Portland, so I'm interested in places border to border, maybe Idaho also.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you mean thunder ranch is to far to travel or to much money because thunder ranch is moving to the K FALLS area the first of the year.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The Place to Shoot located in Delta Park and an excellent handgun / self defense program.  I have taken a bunch of classes over there and I am a much better hand gunner for it.   Head over there and ask for Rich Daniel.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thunder Ranch is more than I can afford right now.  There are 2 good threads over on 1911forum with some good info.
This One
WA Specific
I'm going to both defensive folder classes at Insight in Dec. if anyone wants to ride or split hotel. Anybody from North of the river who wants to meet for supper IM me and we'll try to meet up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Folks over at Oregon Concealed Carry seem to have nothing but good things to say about Oregon Firearms Academy.

HTH,
-Dave
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I say save up your money and go to School of Arms AKA Thunder Ranch. I have been to Clint's classes (held in Lincoln City) about three times. I had to opportunity to go to Texas before they tore it down, but that got squashed I haven't been down to Lake View yet, but I am definately looking forward to it. Clint and Heidi are top notch. (No, I don't work there).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top