Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 11:20:33 PM EDT
indoor range over near delta park in portland. would anyone care to give a review about the place and how much ammo is over there? trying to decide if i should get membership or not.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot and train there often.  Ammo prices are reasonable.  Take a few classes and get certified to use the tactical bay.  It’s much better than the standard bench shooting.  

The training curriculum there is, in my opinion, excellent.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info, might go get a membership next week. how are the selections on rental guns?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:36:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Back in the old days, you paid a membership fee of $12.  A few years later,
when the fees were resturctured, all of us old members were give life time
memberships.  ....  I digress.

I have always enjoyed shooting at TPTS.  The lane fees are not expensive but
the best part is the gun rentals.  They have around 25 different guns you can rent.
It used to be $5, not sure what it is now.  The rental guns are top notch.  You name
it and it is probably there.  Of coarse, they have ammo for the rentals.

TPTS is VERY popular with Japanese toursits during Rose Festival.  There usually is
an employee supervising them.  It's entertaining.

Spambo
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember when I first moved here and was sufering from severe sticker shock on everything I checked them out. I suppose the prices aren't that bad if you're a left coaster, but it was too steep for me. Tri-County has same or less membership fees if I'm not mistaken, and no fees to use. Of course, only the airgun/22pistol range is indoor, but that's 24 hour. I wasn't aware they had training at TPTS, I'm looking at classes down in Clackamas. Tri-county has tactical pits which require a 2 day safety cert, 2nd day is a match. Basically a day of orientation then if you don't DQ in the match you pass.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Rentals are still $5.

TPTS is X to join (don't know how much it is now-a-days) and $35 a year to maintain.

I paid well over $200 to join Tri County and its $75 a year to maintain IIRC.  

In the ARFCOM tradition; I got both.

If you are at all serious about handgun skills and self defense, you'll love the training curriculum over at TPTS.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

TPTS is VERY popular with Japanese toursits during Rose Festival.  There usually is
an employee supervising them.  It's entertaining.

Spambo

LOL!

I volunteered some time over there as a range officer last year.  This is 100% true.  One group I had could not understand how to reload.  They would fire the to slide lock them hand to too me to “fix it”.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll have to check them out again, much more convienient for me here in St.Johns. Where I came from it was 6.50all day covered outdoor, 5,12,25,50,100 yd lines, included targets, no membership required. Compliments of the Shelby County Penal Farm. I understand the ever expanding suburbia finally complained loud enough to get them shut down
The indoor ranges were $6-$7 an hour, very lax on the hour. Top Brass may be $7.5-10 now. Went last year but a buddy paid.
Do they allow shotguns?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Go to The Public Safety Training Center.  They have great instruction and a great range.  It is located in Clackamas near the mall.

Here is their website:

www.co.clackamas.or.us/sheriff/pstc.htm

Hope this helps

Fidel
Out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top