Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2004 2:41:22 PM EDT
Was a great day for a shoot. Thanks to all who came out. I had a great time and hope to do it again.

Bang

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Good time, except for the receiver split....  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Mr45auto, that pic of you bumpin has 4 cases in the air and I love the barrel with the smoke rollin' off it in the pic with the Beta C.

Bang
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mr45auto, that pic of you bumpin has 4 cases in the air and I love the barrel with the smoke rollin' off it in the pic with the Beta C.

Bang

Yeah, shouldnt have chambered a wolf round after the beta dump though.....   gummed it up pretty good.   It is a cool pic though...   ;)

I'll have to trim the mag well a bit on that cav lower to make the beta fit better.   Goes on great, a bit hard to pull off.   I figure a minute or so with sandpaper should have that fixed right up.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  Us from the north had a great time.  We'll have to do this again around halloween and take care of some of those pesky pumpkins!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a great time. definately need more tannerite next time though need to do an overnight trip and try to clean the pit up after the next shoot though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]
How did the receiver split?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Thing I like about shooting there is it's a fairly big quarry. You can get quite a few people shooting at the same time. Lots of room to park. Drive right up and set up right on the edge.

Bang
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How did the receiver split?

The split was on my .45acp setup and the blowback system with the heavy bolt is a definite issue.
I'm thinking it needs a much heavier buffer.  I'm going to buy the DPMS counterweight buffer from Treetop, that should help.   Sinistralrifleman has already indicated they'd replace the lower under warranty.   It's basically an experimental setup anyhow there's bound to be some growing pains.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey guys, thanks for the great shoot!

It was nice to meet you all.

I’ll do everything I can to make it to the next one post Sept 13th

I have a few pics I’ll put up asap.

-Chris

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#10]
lots of fun!!  i'll be there for the next one.  i hope it's soon!  thanks for showing up guys.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh man...I wish I had know about this....When are you guys meeting again...I need an excuse to put some rounds through this thing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Brown's Camp?  
Hey looks like fun is this near Cottage Grove? mail me an invite next time have gun will travel Ha! oh I see with a little more snooping its Forest Grove Maybe I should check the hometown stuff more often
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I wanted to go so bad...   I was operating a radio station for the Hood to Coast though...  Next time I'm there!!!

The Pig
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#15]
And the Tannerite arrives.....Monday....   DAMN!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
And the Tannerite arrives.....Monday....   DAMN!!!

Next time!

Guys, kythri has a e-mail list he has started up to help us out with things like this; I’ll see if I can get a link on how to sign up for it. It’s just a little deal he is doing and not something where your e-mail is going to go out to anyone else.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I like to do one around pumpkin time. I wounder how Tannerite works for carving pumpkins?

Bang
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I like to do one around pumpkin time. I wounder how Tannerite works for carving pumpkins?

Bang

Probably end up looking like that last smily....

Nick (or in pieces)
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I wounder how Tannerite works for carving pumpkins?

Sounds like an experiment… Will there be chunks or just vapor?

Around pumpkin time would be great; post September is good for me. Maybe Saturday the 23rd, not THE weekend of Halloween but close.

Also…

Oregon Shooters e-mail List

There’s a link to Kythri’s post about his e-mail list for Oregon and Washington shooters so we can e-mail folks when we have shoots. I really encourage everyone to sign up, Kythri isn’t giving the list out to anybody, it’s just for notification of things like this.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#20]
OK who brought the belt fed, if I'd known that that was going to be there I would have made a better effort to be there. Glad you all had fun and where safe. Sorry about the broken lower.

See ya all next time, the pumpkin shoot sound like a blast.

ilike9s
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:09:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I had a prior engagement that weekend, but would like to be there for the next one.  I usually go up there at least once a month.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn.  I need to hang out around this board more often.  Wished I had been there, looks like a great time.  I'm now on the dist. list and have marked the calendar for 10/23.  Hope to meet everyone there.  (Wherever there turns out to be.) (AKA .45glockman in various places.)
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Who owned this thing and where can I get one????   I assume it's based on a 1919 semi?  I remember asking about it but not the specifics.   Come tax refund time I'd like to set one up if it's under $1500 ish.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Please e-mail when the next shoot is to take place. I live in the upper Willamette Valley, Canby to be exact. I have lived in Canby for a little over 20 yrs. now. I would love to share in the festivities.
Thank you,
Chuck
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Dang!. looked like a lot of fun !!   Bummer I missed it !! Mfg of quality AR15's
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Please e-mail when the next shoot is to take place. I live in the upper Willamette Valley, Canby to be exact. I have lived in Canby for a little over 20 yrs. now. I would love to share in the festivities.
Thank you,
Chuck

Ha! Just moved out of Canby myself...what part you at?

Nick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top