Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2004 2:32:56 PM EDT
Anyone up for one?   I dont have the AR specific tools but I do have parts to assemble....
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have action blocks and wrenches. LMK if you need the use them. Were ya located?

CH
Hood River
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Oregon City!  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
LMK then!
CH

BTW: I will be attendinghte 10-12 show in pdx wotking a buddies table and could bring them down.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm, okay I'm dumb... what's LMK?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hmm, okay I'm dumb... what's LMK?  

Dumb? Uhh I think your 45 AR project says different.

Let Me Know
CH
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#6]
ahh okay.   There was once a dictionary of net terms here at arfcom, I wonder what happened to it.

What sort of table???    Is this by any chance AR parts???    

Btw, she'll be at the shoot tomorrow too.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I really wish I could make it. I have things to get done as I was at he coast last week, and the Reno show the weekend before.

ANyway its the local shop here in town. I do some gunsmithing work for him and help out aournd the shop when I can. In return for helping out at the shows I get passes, lunch and most importantly, first dibs at any new deals that come by!

oh and in response to your little comment about tomorrow, I KEEP ALL THE AR PARTS FOR MYSELF!!!BWAAAAHAAAA!!!!

CH
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#8]
hmm, any hint as to what shop??  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, The Gun Shop out of Hood river. Never any signs, though. If your going ot show LMK and we can work out a way to make contact. Hell I'll buy you a beer, or coffee!

If I can get and ARFCOM shirt before then I will. That may help.

Regards
CH
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#10]
The show before the AWB dies.... hell ya I'll be there especially for a beer  ;)      Anybody else local wanna hook up and discuss an AWB death party, maybe a black rifle shoot on the 14th?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:11:53 AM EDT
[#11]
i might be up for it. heck i'll set up a table bring my tools and some extra car stocks and some preban barrels, i could at least help with the tools
man i wish i could have made it to todays shoot, looked like a lot of fun . but too darn busy nowadays and my main project i would want to show off is still under constuction anyhow..
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#12]
opps double post
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The show before the AWB dies.... hell ya I'll be there especially for a beer  ;)      Anybody else local wanna hook up and discuss an AWB death party, maybe a black rifle shoot on the 14th?

Cool!
I may be able to sneak out for a 14th shoot. Have to look at the schedule and see.

Man I wished I could have made satudays shoot as well.

CH
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#14]
If you guys are getting together, I’ll come up and hang out. Don’t have anything that needs to be worked on, just uppers to snap onto lowers. I can always supervise.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#16]
figured it was the first full free and clear day, totally unencumbered by any hint of the worthless ban.    But alas the gun show was just as worthless for me.   I couldnt find a preban bbl that was reasonably priced.   Hell the guy from the Oly table tried to tell me that he'd install the bbl for $45, he would headspace it and bore the chamber right there.    I mentioned that barrels were already headspaced with the extension and he replied that they werent.   I also asked him how he'd bore the chamber with no milling machine there and as far as I knew those barrels already had the chambers bored.    I also mentioned that to even check the headspace he'd need a bolt......    He really pissed me off, what an asshat.    
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
figured it was the first full free and clear day, totally unencumbered by any hint of the worthless ban.    But alas the gun show was just as worthless for me.   I couldnt find a preban bbl that was reasonably priced.   Hell the guy from the Oly table tried to tell me that he'd install the bbl for $45, he would headspace it and bore the chamber right there.    I mentioned that barrels were already headspaced with the extension and he replied that they werent.   I also asked him how he'd bore the chamber with no milling machine there and as far as I knew those barrels already had the chambers bored.    I also mentioned that to even check the headspace he'd need a bolt......    He really pissed me off, what an asshat.    

Sorry I missed you at the show but the only day I worked was sat. Our table was right accross from the guy with all of the black powder stuff, horns, hatchets guns etc. This is the one that had the preban(til tomorrow) FAL right next to all of his muzzle loaders. You could also reconize us by a display of 10 or so very nice commercial lugers.
Anyway, that guy you are talking about is a first class dickhead. He has tried to pull shit on several people I know including a few dealers. I refuse to deal with him no matter the money saved, which isnt any. There are only two dealers I refuse to have anything to do with, Keiths is one and that "I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ARs" Asshat mentioned above is the other.

The only thing I picked up was ammo. Grabbed some of that 37.00 per 500 9mm relod stuff to feed my newest 9mm AR.

Tomorrow will be a good day!
CH
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I always love the Miwall table.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:55:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I loved it to the tune of;

2000 Q3131a
400 AE 45ACP
50 GS 45ACP ( all they had )

I saw those Lugers, sweet...

The only 590 A1 in the place had the speed stock that I don't want and was $35 more expensive than getting the right one ordered from Northwest Armory.

Funny, I've had good luck with Kieth's and J&S ( asshat ) But I research for answers and never ask opinions from the guy trying to sell me stuff.

I do like the name asshat though, might try to work that in to my vocabulary...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#20]
The pistol uppers were cool, an OA93 7.5" and a Ace sidefolder would be pretty cool for an SBR AR.   Did you see how much the OA uppers were going for?  Btw, how much was the Q3131A going for?  .45acp I'll stick with reloading.   I bought Wolf from them but the smoke is so damned acrid I'd rather take the time to load up myself they must use Cap stun in their powder.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#21]
The Q3131a was $159.00/1000. The AE 45 was only $8 a box which is hard to beat and the brass is prime for reloading.

I didn't look too close at the pistol uppers. The ala carte uppers were like $390 I think but the whole kits were $450. I wouldn't buy just an upper unless I could talk him down some. I can always use extra lower parts :-) He had a lightweight, pre-ban, SS 16" that I liked but I was holding out for the 590.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top