Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2003 7:55:58 PM EDT
hi guys, i'm hoping to benefit from some of you who've been shooting in oregon for longer. i just got a couple rifles and pistols and am getting tired of paying for lane fees and range ammo in order to shoot. i've got plenty of ammo and would love to go outdoors somewhere to blast away without so much supervision. i live in oregon city. can anyone here recommend where might be the closest BLM or national forestry land i can go to without driving for an hour? also, access is going to be a factor because i don't have a 4-wheel drive. all i have is my sedan, so the roads would have to be decent and drivable. any suggestions? thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You could head up highway 224. There are some plinkin' spots up that way around North Fork Reservoir.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, I do not live up in that area, but if you want to come to the Rouge Valley, I could hook you up with plenty of BLM plinking spots...
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You could head up highway 224. There are some plinkin' spots up that way around North Fork Reservoir.

thanks for the suggestion. are those roads passable by regular passenger car? or do i need a truck?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
224 is paved but there might be snow to deal with. There are spots right off the road to plink at. And when not covered in snow most logging roads can be driven on in a car. No need for 4 wheel drive.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:25:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out WildCat MT. above Sandy.

Tons of places to shoot and a couple of Rock quarries.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#6]
cool. thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top