Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2003 7:24:50 AM EDT
I am having a rifle built and it is nearing completion.  I have watched this competition several times and would like to participate.  However, I am new to this type (do cowboy and tactical) so have no experience with the different shooting positions, etc.  Will I be able to join in and have people help me out?
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#1]
yeah man!  Jump right in!  don't worry about positions, just do what you have to (while maintaining saftey) to get the targets.  Don't worry about score.  Its more for fun anyway.  Well, at least til you get one or two of those "top ten" awards, then you will want one every time.  They do explain the stages before hand so you will have a good idea what to do.

Its alot of fun.  I wish I didn't have to work on saturdays anymore.    oh well....

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
We always welcome new shooters to the match.  All you have to do is buddy up with someone.  They will show you the ropes.

You don't really need any fancy rifle.  It's not too rare for a guy shooting iron sights on an off-the-shelf gun to win the match.

These matches are a lot of fun.  I think I've only missed 2 or 3 in the last 2 or so years that I've been participating.

October 11th, regular match
November 8th, regular match with SKS class
December 13th, night match
January 10th, regular match
February 14, SNIPER MATCH

-Chad
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 12:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Ohhh - a match right after I get back from a 6 month deployment with NO SHOOTING (blasted Air Force).

Hey - is there a e-mail list about the matches or something? I'd really like to know something more about the Feb Sniper match (not that I'm sure I'll be home... love those TDY's).  Or is it the standard long range event at the tri?

thanks

wyrm
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Rifle is not really fancy, just nicer than off the rack at about the same price.  Hope to make it on the 11th.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 11:02:13 PM EDT
[#5]
8 hrs & counting for another match at TC....  :)
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got my new ACOG TA31a!  I'm gonna try like hell to get some time off on Saturday to get out to the match!  I'll still suck, but I'll have a cool ass scope to show off!

The pig.

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#7]
How much did that glass cost you?

Nick
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought it off the Equipment Exchange from "Whywork40" for $800.  Brand new in the box.

The Pig.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#9]
M-60,  That is one fine piece of glass.  Need to go shootin real soon.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree!  I also just got a new .17 rimfire.  Bolt gun this time.  I don't know why I like that 17 so much...

The Pig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top