Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2003 8:17:50 PM EDT
Had a great time at Brown's Camp Quarry on Sunday. Lot of shooters. One guy that I see down there alot had some nice full auto stuff, an old Sterling and some other nice guns. Played with more Tannerite. Then this group shows up and this guy has got some nice toys. Full auto AK and a nice short barrel full auto AR. I loaded up one of my mags and beat feet over to see if I could try it out. And he was nice enough to let me dump my mag. Then he breaks out a MA Duce. Take's it out of the back of his truck, sets it on the ground and then asks the question..... did anybody pick up the BIG GREEN AMMO CAN OF LINKS AND 50 CAL AMMO??!!

FUCK NO! AAAHHHhhhhhhhh!!!!!!****!*!*!*!*!*!

Sad but true.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Hahaha nice! We played with some tannerite down here this weekend. Blew some pretty big holes into a old beater van. Those little short AR's are loud. But fun. Those HK's are a trip too! Cant wait till they hold another Class 3 shoot down here!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Gotta love a good day at Browns camp.

Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep.

Me

Ya gotta love full auto, Too bad it's not mine.

Ummmm, Tannerite!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
What I want to know is how do you pack a thing like this in your truck then run off and forget the ammo?

I don’t think you should be allowed to own a gun like this if you’re not responsible enough to remember the ammo!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:05:58 AM EDT
[#5]
*drools* Your right he doesnt deserve it.....  But I do!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Bang,

I tried a box of Bullz-I exploding targets last saturday, and found them to be excellent. I got them for 10/$10 at the gun show. If you stack two together they really go bang. The first one I shot put a 6" hole in my plywood target, and blew the paper target to confetti.

I have yet to try tannerite.

PS...we shoot up in the Molalla Forest off of dickie Prarie rd. Have you ever been up there?
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#7]
new2ars,

I've been up that way to play around on the river but haven't done any shootin' up there.

Ya gotta try the Tannerite.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#8]
So anybody else do any shooting last weekend? Took a newbe up to the quarry and let him have at it. For some ungodly reason he liked the AK better than the AR! Go figure.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]
What???  That aint right....  I'm getting a ACOG for my AR soon so I should be up there soon to give it a try.   Can't wait.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, lurk mode off.  I need to get out and go shooting real soon.  How many people are usually shooting at Browns Camp??  I know that is a loaded question, but where I usually go shooting there is rarely anyone else so I can usually go crazy and really unload some ammo.  If the SEBR gets here before the end of the month (that's the rumour) then I will be buying a truckload of pumpkins and grabbing my Tannerite. Get the ACOG TA11C dialed in and KILL PUMPKINS!!!
 Maybe one of these days I will find my way up there and say Hi.

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Depends on the day as to how many people show up. Mornings are quiet. Some of the full auto folks that don't want to attract to much attention show up then. Afternoons ya never know who's going to show up with what. The place is Tannerite friendly and nobody cares if ya bump. Sunday is the only weekend day I have off now. It would be fun if a bunch of ARF folks showed up. As of last weekend my AR is down, need to get an extractor and the extractor spring feels weak. Sending off for parts asap. Sometimes I stop up on some of the weekdays I have off, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but mostly on thoughs days I run around in the woods up there chasing squirrels and crows with a .17 cal. Savage and a Single Six I have. Hours of fun and I get some exercise.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Jeez Bang.  I happen to have tues and wed off also...   I also happen to have a .17 96/17.
And,  I love to shoot squirrles and such.  You need company one of these days just let me know!

Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:21:22 AM EDT
[#13]
When I get my AR10 can I go squirrel hunting with you guys?  Hehehe!!  Where are you guys located?  I reside in Beaverton.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:58:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#15]
M60, yea that would be fun. I'll IM ya my e-mail and phone number.

Orygun, I'm out in Forest Grove.

1GUNRUNNER, yea the place needs a good cleaning. Some folks bring rakes and go down there when nobody is shootin' and rake up all the stuff that will burn and get rid of it that way but this summer has been so dry they banned burning up there in July this year. What will get this place closed down are the morons that bring down the cumputers, tv's and such. I've seen lawnmowers, bikes, cars and bath tubs down there and that stuff costs the state money to get rid of. If folks would just bring along a garbage bag and take home a few more pieces of garbage than they brought down the place would stay pretty clean.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah.  this was taken when it was failry clean...   :(

I live in Aloha.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#17]
M60 did you get the info I sent Ya?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#18]
So I'm trying to figure out which one of you is the guy I ran into out at Timber. This would be the guy who let me shoot his RRA and Bushy and whom I need to blame for FORCING me to buy an AR. It would be fun to meet some of you guys and shoot sometime. I've never been to the quarry but I've been cutting poles up there recently so I'm pretty sure I could find it. There is a show coming up this weekend so I need to get down there and pick up some more XM193 but after that I should be good to go.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Well I'm the guy with the beard in the post above. I don't think it was me but I do let folks test drive my stuff in hopes of recruiting more folks into the black arts. Look in the Oregon-List Places To Shoot post for directions to the quarry. Sent off for parts for my Bushy but will still be next week before it is up and running again.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Bang,
 I've seen your picture. I'm pretty sure I would have remembered you. I saw the directions, it's a left at the University Falls turn where I have been going right to cut alder. It looks pretty easy after that. Besides I can always get out and listen for the shooting...
 I might have stuff going this weekend but my son hurt his ankle tonight so the plans might be off. If so I could hit the show early on Saturday and be ready to shoot by noon. Of course there's next week, next weekend, the one after that.
 I'll keep an eye on the forum and post if I'm heading up there. You never know.

btw: Where do you get that tannerite around here and what will it set a guy back. My son would love that stuff.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#21]
The guy is down in Eugene. He has a web page. Just search Tannerite. Last I looked the price was $98.00 for 20 charges. Dan's a great guy, tell him you're from AR15.com.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah Bang.  I got it.  Thanks.  Now to find the time.  Have I mentioned that I cant wait to get my ACOG?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 2:48:31 AM EDT
[#23]
St Helens here.  I've got Mondays and Tuesdays off too.  I usually shoot at my club range in Clatskanie, but just went back to the pit about a month ago after a two year absence.  I like shooting something besides paper every once in a while.  I'm usually the only one there if I get there early in the AM on a weekday.  Maybe I'll drive up this Sunday just to see what everybody is shooting nowadays.

Hoppy

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 3:32:42 AM EDT
[#24]
bjhueni,
 Sounds like that was me!  You were up there with a .45 that you had inherited or something like that, my memory sucks! I think I offered to let you use my table while we waited for you to finish up?  We had tannerite and a great time that day. What kind of AR did you get?  Do you have an EoTech on it yet? Keep in touch and when the AR10 comes in you can try that out too!
  Randy
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:43:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

It would be fun to meet some of you guys and shoot sometime. I've never been to the quarry but I've been cutting poles up there recently so I'm pretty sure I could find it. There is a show coming up this weekend so I need to get down there and pick up some more XM193 but after that I should be good to go.

You talking bout the show in Canby?

Nick
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Orygun,
 Yup, that's it! I bought a Stinger lower at Hillsboro, then at the big one I got an Oly 20" A2 w/painted SS, Oly lower kit, Ergo and the ARFX. The whole deal was about $640 with sling and cleaning kit. I think I did pretty well for a budget gun. I decided to get a flattop for the second rifle. I think that will be a 16" lightweight.
 That was a fun day. I keep thinking I might run into you up there every time I go out.

Commando_Guy,
 Yes sir, that would be Canby. Miwall is supposed to be out there. They have LC for $84.50/500. They also have Q3131A and Q3131 for about $160/1000. I got the Q3131 from them at the big one but returned it for the LC because it was 99 headstamp. Supposedly they have 94 or 96 stuff but I will check that out before taking it home. The last show they didn't have any Q3131A with them. They also have .45 230 GS for $7.95/25 and AE .45 ball for $10.50/50. Both those shoot really well in my Gold Cup. I probably should pick up some more AR mags as well if I can afford them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Pick up the AR mags from the EE.  Look for Steve Laflamm (79transam..I think)  He will set you up with GOOD magazines.  I have not been up there very much this summer, time restraints.  I hope to massacre a truckfull of pumpkins after Halloween.  I will contact you before this occurs and maybe we can meet up there.
  Taker easy,
    Randy
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I have 4 SA80s right now I got for $16 each. At his prices there's no reason not to pick up some of those USGIs. I'd like to accumulate 10+ real good ones. So far the Brits are working pretty well.

Pumpkins, sounds good. I may try to get out to the quarry before then though. It would be nice to try longer range than that other spot offers.

I'll be around.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I've shot some of the '94 Q3131. Ran fine in my Bushy. Hey post when you're going to do them pumpkins in. I've still have some Tannerite. Only weekend day I have off though is Sundays, but with enough notice I might be able to get Saturday off if I can get someone to cover for me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:03:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I like to shoot pumkins too!!  And all water melons must DIE!!!

ACOG  ACOG  ACOG  ACOG......
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:40:45 AM EDT
[#31]
 Pumpkins are going to wait till I get the SEBR, that looks like it will happen VERY near to Halloween. I will keep my eyes open and maybe we can get something going as far as a get together.  Anyone interested in perhaps trying to get a buy going on Tannerite? Whether it be a larger purchase (guys in Washington did this and got a better price if I recall correctly.) or maybe just splitting an order??
  Randy

Edited cuz its too early to spell everthing correctly!
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Jack o Lanterns with a tannerite candle...

hehehehehe...

Edit: My son had the same idea when I told him about shooting pumpkins. Funny.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#33]
We should have a pumpkin-launching contest. Put a pumpkin on a board angled at the back wall with a Tannerite charge under the board. See whose pumpkin goes the farthest.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:29:45 AM EDT
[#34]
 Whats the maximum number of bottles of tannerite that one could use in this contest? So far we have only mixed 5 bottles together..it was quite nice!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#35]
That hole made by Aunt Jemima is still out there. I smile every time I walk by it ( stumble in it? )
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Hehehe!!  I am about ready to order another case of Tannerite...just to have it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Supposed to be a real nice weekend coming up, no other plans. Sounds like a good time to find the quarry.

Guns, check
mags, check
ammo, check

Snag a pumpkin or two, hmmmm.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:06:27 AM EDT
[#38]
 Still waiting for the AR10...and now also an Aimpoint ML2 and ARMS 40A plus a few other goodies.  I will be preparing for a LONG day of blasting in the near future, just as soon as everthing gets here.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Jake, my son, and I are going to go check out the quarry. If there are too many people we may go to the other spot. Too nice a day to pass up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Had a good day out at the quarry on Saturday. Shot a few hundred from the AR and 150 or so from the 1911. ( 5 out of 8 rounds into an old beer keg at 120 yards, purty fancy! )
There were quite a few folks out there, a couple skeet shooters, a trio of 9mm pistol fanciers, a big group with 3+ ARs, a couple AKs ( one VEPR ), many pistols, and a broken Norinco 12ga. I had looked at the Norinco 12ga with the GRS for $209 at Canby. I wondered if they were worth anything. Well I got my answer, this guys scatter gun broke an internal part the second time he had it out. I think I'll save my bucks for the $365 Mossberg.

Nice spot to shoot but the rotting pumpkins are bringing out the yellow jackets pretty bad.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I was out there awhile ago and a guy rolled up with his Barret 50. OMG what a weapon. He was placing targets at the very very far side of the quarry. Some large cans, paper on 1x2's some fruit and a steel plate. SOB when that thing is fired it GOES BOOM. ground shook but not much recoil out of it of what I could see. Talk about targets going bye bye. Cans just exlpoded into nothingness, fruit the splatter alone nearly reached us :) targets that was funny just a huge huge hole in the middle of it and the best part. the plate steel holes right through it. I didnt have the ablls to ask him if I could squeeze a couple off. I dont think I could afford the bullets let alone bring my own clip :)We should coordinate a shoot up there. going to get cold and wet really soon.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
 Whats the maximum number of bottles of tannerite that one could use in this contest? So far we have only mixed 5 bottles together..it was quite nice!

I think at one time we figured out that after 8 bottles that Tannerite quit getting more powerfull.  As far as putting it under something to launch a pumpkin, I think all you would be launching is liquified jack-o-guts!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Same thing happened to me. I was down there one day and a guy and his wife show up with some preban AR's and a semi-auto Barrett. But this guy was letting anybody who walked by dump a mag. Ten rounds and his wife was taking digital pix. Made my day.

Me with BMG. Note shell casing going by my head.

Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Just wanted to jump in here and say hi. I’m all the way down in the Corvallis/Albany area but there’s a good pit like yours just outside of Scio.

Hey, if any of you ever head down this way to go pick up some Tannerite drop me a line maybe we could meet for a little shootin.

Bang that pic you posted looks like a 1919A4 30 cal.

Best regards, J
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Got snow up by Brown's Camp

Y'all can call me Nanook.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top