Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2003 3:46:56 PM EDT
Fred Meyer stopped selling ammo a while ago but the Cornelius one cannot get rid of there 10mm American Eagles. They have them on sale for 30% off. I think they have 20ga. and .30 carbine but not sure. If there's enough interest, I can look on my way home from work.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Huh.  I hadn't noticed that they stopped selling ammo.  When did this happen?

Is that the one on TV highway?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The stores around here stopped selling it about 6 months to a year ago. This store is on Baseline between Hillsboro and Forest grove.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Well for one thing their prices sucked. Before Hanks closed their variety section they where alway at least a buck higher than Hanks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, Bang, who/what/where is Hanks?

TIA
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#5]
That would be Hank's Triftway in Cornelius. They used to have a variety section but closed it down last year. They had hardware, photo, fishing. shooting stuff. They even sold guns. It was great, you could walk in, buy a gun and ammo then go over to the food section and get beer and munchies all in the same place. Talk about one stop shopping! They always had American Eagle ammo on sale in one caliber or another. Now it's just food, pharmacy,and garden.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Bi-Mart,  Is always happy to order any special ammo.  10mm is always a little hard to find, but it can be found easily if you know where to look.  

Thanks for the heads up on the 30% discount!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:43:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the heads up. Recently joined the 10mm club, need ammo. There seemed to be a run on 10 about the time I bought mine. Me, "Y'all got any 10mm ammo?" clerk, "No, just sold all we had yesterday". Repeat 5 or 6 times.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, Hanks was the best place to buy plinking ammo period. Before they closed it down, I used to buy all my ammo there. Unless I was already at Al's.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#9]
14 boxes of 10mm. They did have some 3inch 12 gauge steel and game loads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top