Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 6:02:34 PM EDT
So is this stuff legal in Orygun? Can I take this stuff down to my local rock quarry by Brown's Camp in the Tillamook State Forest and shoot it and smile when it blows up or will I be sent straight to HELL, DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200.????
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy Shit, I just realized this stuff is made here in Orygun. Have to give these guys a call!

Tannerite
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#2]
 Buy a case.  You will not regret it.  We shoot it in the coast range and have not yet been arrested.  The sound of one of these echoing through the hills will make you smile and realize just how good life is!
 Enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
YAAA! Now that's what I wanted to here. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#4]
A group of us got together and bought 6 cases of this stuff not too long ago.  Speak to Daniel Tanner directly and tell him you are from ar15.com and he my give you a bit of a discount.  The more you buy, the cheaper it gets.

I know the feds are trying to put restrictions on it but so far I think it is still OK.  Daniel can fill you in on any laws when you call.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Its still AOK to purchase and store.

Definitely be sure to plug AR15.com.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not the purchasing and storing I'm worried about!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:48:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Last time we went shooting we had a case of Tannerite sitting on the tailgate and I was strolling across the fireroad with 2ARs and an SKS when a state cop pulls up.  We thought that he was gonna flip us shit and tell us that we could no longer shoot at our favorite spot (since it has been bouldered off for along time now).  He asks if we have anything "Illegal" and I said "nope, we are all good."  He asks what kind of firearms we have and I said "lots of em: AR's, SKS's, Glocks, and too many others to remember."  I then ask if we are ok to shoot here and he says yes, just clean up when your done. He then went on to pull out a map and show us two other spots that are good for shooting.  I damned near asked this guy about the Tannerite, but I was too damned chicken to do it!  We waited for about 1/2 hour after he left before unleashing them.....FUN stuff!
  Have fun.
P.S.  I am still concerned about the legality of this as the sound will surely attract attention.  I ALWAYS carry a copy of SGN with the Tannerite ad when we go shooting just in case I need to show the law what I am shooting at.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I ran into a guy today at the quarry who was playin' with some and shootin' it with a .50. He said as of 5/20 you couldn't buy it anymore. Hope he was wrong.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#9]
UPDATE. Well I guess the guy at the quarry was full of shit 'cuz I just ordered some. Oh happy daze.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Got my case O' Tannerite today. If the weather gods smile on me I'll be down at the quarry this weekend trying some out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#11]
What time you gonna be there?  If its early enough I would love to be there to watch.  I have to be at work at 14:00.  

The Pig.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Last time I looked Sunday was going to be dry. So maybe around 11:00.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#13]
This stuff is great. Don't leave home without it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Just ordered a case of it.

I can't wait to bring this stuff up shooting with me.

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I played with some on Sunday at the quarry. It's an attention getter. Lots of fun.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#16]
MillerSHO, did you get your Tannerite yet? I'm still amazed with my eye sight I can put that little bottle out at one hundred yards and hit it with open stights on my AR. Says alot for the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:50:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Says alot for the rifle.

Don't sell yourself short.  The rifle is only 1/2 of the equation!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes I received my case on Thursday.

I took it up with me on Saturday. The first 2 sucked real bad but that was due to it being so clumped up and not mixing right. The next 2 were mixed alittle better, but not good enough.

After my dumbass started pouring the nitrates out into a container, chopping it up and THEN mixing it up with the catalyst did I finally achieve the results I wanted.

I wasn't able to see the targets very well at 100 yards due to consistently getting the black catalyst on the bottle graying out the orange sticker so I moved up to what I think was 60-70 Yards and I was good to go.

I recommend this stuff to anyone.

The few others that weren't mixed right didn't even detonate with a 16" bushy using Q3131A.

All in all we shot 5 of them and only the last one was mixed right. The fifth and final one was very impressive to say the least.

I set it on top of a cardboard box sitting in the middle of a rubber radial tire.

The tire shot 20-30 feet in the air and when it came down it was split in half, steel belts and all. The blast area was about 6" feet diameter and it was clear of debris.

Proper mixing is important and the video NEVER told me to dump out the nitrates to un-chuck them. SO do yourself a favor and do just that.

I'm going up on Thursday after work and I will have a better report with video so check back on this thread on Friday or Saturday.

Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#19]
The best thing to do is to dump both ingrediants into a large ziplock and knead uniformly. Then funnel the well mixed compound back into the container.

I dont know of any of us that had a mis-fire out of several cases.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I got an extra bowl in my kit and a funnel so you could break up the clumps and mix the stuff then pour it back in the bottle. Iv'e shot five and all were pretty impressive. Been using Ultramax .223 55gr. FMJ's from G.I. Joe's with good results. Have to try the tire thing, sounds cool!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#21]
 Last fall we mixed 5 bottles of tannerite into an empty juice bottle and set it ontop of a LARGE pile of pumpkins....Nothing was left of the pumpkins or anything on the ground (usually full of shells, target remnants, trash), it was blown clean.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#22]
WE detonated tannerite inside of old (1950's steel) refirgerators.  Impressive.  Shrapnel was impacting the crowd at 75 YARDS!  Yikes!

Stay back 100 yards kiddies.

TRG
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 3:47:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey TRG,
 How much Tannerite does it take to do that kind of damage?  Might have to go hunting for some old appliances.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Does sound like fun. Cut out the bottom of an old frig' and see how high you can launch it. This is misson control........
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#25]
One bottle.  We did not double any of hte charges.  

A single bottle ripped a 12" hole in the side of a steel storage tank.

TRG

Link Posted: 7/19/2003 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#26]
hey bang - is the quarry open yet?

you going to go up there Sunday?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm not sure if It's open yet. The old lady wants to go to a cook out at some peoples house she works with today so I won't get a chance this weekend. And next weekend she's dragging me up to Seattle to visit her sister and brother inlaw. We'll be there both days. And NOBODY speaks guns. Somebody wake me when it's over.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I finally have some video's.
I'll zip them up tonight and host em.

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Looking forward to them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#30]
OK here's my url.

4.5.18.25/tannerite

My IP changes every now and then so just let me know if it doesn't work.

If you want to see some hippie a few months back almost kill everyone around him by putting too much blackpowder in a mini cannon, it's a 3 part download.

4.5.18.25/dumbass

Also this is us playing with propane tanks a few months ago.

4.5.18.25/gasfire

I zipped them up to help with the size. Sorry.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Cool movies but SLOowwww server. They must have a monkey with a hand crank spinnin' the harddrive.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Heh.

We'll it's not so much the server(actually my desktop) as it is my crappy upload speed of 128kps. Not that it's any good to you but my 768kps download speed is nothing to complain about.

Good for 15-16K a sec, that's about it.

I figured this would be a start at night thing for you. I should've said something, sorry.

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#33]
BTW, I also apologize for how dumb we act sometimes on those vids, we're all actually pretty cool dudes, that is until we start blowing things up and acting like kids!
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Also, check out those clips, mainly the first if your bandwidth challaged.
4.5.18.25/dumbass/

I couldn't believe that guy. I questioned him afterwards and it turned out that little cannon shot almost a bowling ball size ball.(not bolted to the ground)
He also admitting to not knowing much about the cannon and still said he knew he put way too much in.

These hippies just showed up out of no where. I didn't even see him pull the thing out. It was almost like he had it pre-loaded.

Crazy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#35]
I've got cable modem and most of the time it's faster than DLS that I had, but some stuff just downloads slow. Hey and it's hard not to get excited about stuff like Tannerite. Once again great video and worth the download time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top