Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2003 7:09:41 AM EDT
Hope the weather holds out!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Sunday???  Tell me more!!  Is it Practical rifle?  Or is it differant??  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#2]
No, not practical rifle.  This is a tactical match where you use three guns, a pistol, a shotgun, and a pistol caliber carbine.  Very fun!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it in the gravel pit?  What if I dont have a pistol cal carbine?  Will there be drawing from the holster?  They have been kind of picky about that in the "Pit".

The Pig!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
you need to be certified for the tactical range or be a LEO to compete in the tactical matches.

if you don't have a pistol caliber carbine you cna use your pistol; no rifle caliber carbines.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I have more questions...
does one have to be a member of the Tri county club to get certified?
How much does getting certified cost?
why do I not have a pistol cal. carbine yet?
Why is Pvt. Pile not allowed to eat Jelly Doughnuts?

The Pig.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]
yeah - if you are a member, you get a little sticker for you badge so you can use those pits in the back.

i think that you have to be a member, unlike IPSC where the class is $35 for non-members and free to members.

look at it this way, you need an excuse to be a member and you need an excuse to buy a pistol caliber carbine.  I've been wanting one of those sub-2000s.   Esp since they are in the new and improved assault Weapon's ban that is being introduced (it will never make it out of committee)
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Gackman,  How much are the membership dues at Tri County?  

M-60,  How's it goin?  Want to go shooting soon?  Maybee within the next couple of weeks?

Have a great Memorial Day.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:46:28 AM EDT
[#8]
The match was great!  2 pistol only stages, 1 carbine and shotgun slug, 1 shotgun and pistol and 1 shotgun, carbine and pistol stage.  You do not need to be a member of Tri County to attend, but you must be certified.  Don't know what it costs to certify as I was certified via the cowboy wild bunch certification which is also accepted.  I can get you the number of the match director if you so desire.  To join Tri County is somewhat expensive:  $175 initiation fee (one time only) and $120 dues per year.  They do prorate the dues.  Ex: I joined half way through the year so paid the 175 plus 60 dues.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Tracker my man!!  Yeah I'm up for it.  I work on weekends but we can go in the morning as long as I'm back by say...  13:00hrs.  I have just ordered some new mags for my SAR3 and a Red Star Arms firing group.  Can't wait to try 'em out.  I also have a new .17HMR leveraction that is kind of fun to shoot.

Let me know.

See ya!

The Pig.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]
BAH,  Thanks for the dues information at Tri County.  It is a little on the expensive side, but I would still like to check it out.

Maybee I will come watch a match some weekend.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#11]
M-60,  That SAR-3 should be able to bump like a mother with that RSA FCG.  

I converted my SLR-95 back to it's military configuration, and installed a G2 FCG.  The Ironwood stock set really looks sharp.

I just picked up another case of 7.62, so it sounds we could have some fun.  IM me so we can set up a time.  I love the smell of gun powder in the morning!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Tracker.  You don't want to go to a practical rifle match to just watch.  I made that mistake once.  By the end of the day (I ended up keeping score) I wished I had paid my money and just shot the match.  If you go, go to shoot.  I want to use my SAR at a match once, just for fun.  Damn I hate having a job!  I do like getting paid though...   Quite a Quinky dink, huh?  I'm gonna ask for a membership at tri county for x'mas next year, and cross my fingers.  I'll IM ya for a shootin time.

The Pig.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top