Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 1:56:25 PM EDT
Hello.  I was wondering how long it takes to get a CHL in Washington county.  Anyone know?  I sent in my application in the first week of April and haven't heard anything.  I'm almost wondering if they received it or not.

TIA!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Boy!  I just don't remember.  I do remember it taking far to long....:)
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Um, like several months?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it took a couple months for mine.

I think it was a few weeks before I got the call back on the appt and then another couple weeks to come in (my bad for having a non-flexible schedule) and then processing time of a few weeks.

Go up to Vancouver and get your Washington one while you are waiting.  $65 and it can all be done in one visit.

Sheriff Gordon is a good guy, and the CHL dept doesn't do any silly shit like drag their feet (hello, mult. county?) and take all the way up to the last day of the statute to issue the permit.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, GackMan!

Wow, I didn't know I could get a WA state CHL as well...  That covers the whole state or just Vancouver?

Would I be out of line to call the WA county CHL dept and ask if they received my application and where I stood?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#5]
no problem.  how many WA CO people here?  I know me and Bang are in the grove.

yeah - WA doesn't honor OR and vice versa so it is easier to just go get one if you travel I-5 with any regularity.

mail order your New Hampshire one too..  only $20.  :)

you could call and ask.  they mail you the appointment date.  so unless you have to be out of town and can't make it for certain dates or something like that I don't know if they'll work with you.  I don't even know if they have access to it right then and there. They'll probably just tell you no and serve you a hot steaming cup of STFU. :)

they'll processes it...  chill man.  deep breath.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Been so long I just can't recall exactly,but did'nt seem like a long time. What did take a long time was finding a place to park when I went in to get photo'ed and processed. This was before they built that fancy 5 story parking garage. I would'nt bother calling. You're going to get it soon.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, folks.

Just as a point of clarification -- it's not like I'm expecting trouble or have cowboy fantasies packing shooting irons and that's why I'm worried about the date -- I'm just at a sort of lull between some work-related things and was hoping I could get this done before work entirely takes over my life.

I go to tri-county, by the way...  I really want to try my hand at the practical rifle, but then my work schedule changed and I haven't been able to go.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey zougou,

Ni shwuo bejienghwa ma?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Wo shuo pu tong hua.  Je parle francais aussi!  Please don't tell anyone though, OK?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wo shuo pu tong hua.  Je parle francais aussi!  Please don't tell anyone though, OK?

Ok
LOL
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Glad to see other members here in Washington County. I grew up here, and just recently moved back from Clackamas. Just thought I would say hello.
S/F,
Flyingrhino
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#12]
It's been several years since I had gone through the application process, but I think it took two to three months.  It depends on how soon your references return the information to Washington County.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's been several years since I had gone through the application process, but I think it took two to three months.  It depends on how soon your references return the information to Washington County.

I thought that the police might contact the references in person.  Are you saying that they are mailed something?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Zougou,  It has been almost ten years since I originally went through the initial process.  Back then I had to list three character references on the CHL application.  

The Sheriff's office sent the character references a questionnaire that needed to be filled out and returned to the them.  The sheriff's office never contacted the references in person.

Things may be different now, but I Hope that helps.

Good luck
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The Sheriff's office sent the character references a questionnaire that needed to be filled out and returned to the them.  The sheriff's office never contacted the references in person.

Oh -- on the form I filled out, they only wanted the names of two character witnesses.  The one acquaintance I have said his references were never contacted.  The CHL instructor stated that they might send someone to ask neighbors about one's character.

Interesting.  So it has gone from three people to just two.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Glad to see other members here in Washington County. I grew up here, and just recently moved back from Clackamas. Just thought I would say hello.
S/F,
Flyingrhino

Hello!  How're you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top