Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2022 7:20:53 AM EDT
Link

Vernon Jones filed a complaint with the Morgan County Sheriff's Office over a tweet sent by opponent Mike Collins' campaign.

"Although some use a rape whistle for protection against sexual assault, a 9mm is the more preferred form of protection," the tweet reads. "#TheMoreYouKnow"

The tweet also includes two photographs--one of a rape whistle with RealVernonJones.com printed on it and the other of a pink handgun.

The context of the tweet is a 2005 rape allegation against Jones, a Democrat at the time, when he was the DeKalb County CEO. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation investigated, but the case never went to a grand jury and he was never criminally charged.

"He’s encouraging violence against me, my family, my supporters," Jones told FOX 5’s Rob DiRienzo. "These are the same false attacks that liberals used against President Trump, Justice Kavanaugh, and Justice Clarence Thomas."
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Link

Vernon Jones filed a complaint with the Morgan County Sheriff's Office over a tweet sent by opponent Mike Collins' campaign.

"Although some use a rape whistle for protection against sexual assault, a 9mm is the more preferred form of protection," the tweet reads. "#TheMoreYouKnow"

The tweet also includes two photographs--one of a rape whistle with RealVernonJones.com printed on it and the other of a pink handgun.

The context of the tweet is a 2005 rape allegation against Jones, a Democrat at the time, when he was the DeKalb County CEO. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation investigated, but the case never went to a grand jury and he was never criminally charged.

"He’s encouraging violence against me, my family, my supporters," Jones told FOX 5’s Rob DiRienzo. "These are the same false attacks that liberals used against President Trump, Justice Kavanaugh, and Justice Clarence Thomas."
View Quote

View Quote

I don't know anything about the tweeters original intent, but as someone that knows nothing of the situation I read it as someone advocating for firearms over rape whistles for protection.

Not sure how that's a threat.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't know anything about the tweeters original intent, but as someone that knows nothing of the situation I read it as someone advocating for firearms over rape whistles for protection.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly! Looks more like he still has Democrat tendencies....

Oh, and from the same story, further down:

A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office said investigators reviewed the tweet and determined it did not break any laws, but they have Jones’ statement on file.

I'd say that the Morgan County Sheriff's Office agrees with us.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol, it will be nice to see Vernon fade into oblivion once he loses this election.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My thoughts exactly! Looks more like he still has Democrat tendencies....
View Quote

Yep, this reeks of desperation too.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

I don't know anything about either person and that's exactly how I read it too.  A 9mm trumps a whistle every time.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#7]
A slime bag move by Mike Collins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top