Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2022 4:57:14 PM EDT
What: Redwolf 2 Gun Challenge

Where: Angry Emu Range

When: 06/26/2022 10AM - safety meeting/stage planning, overnight camping on Saturday night for those interested

There will be 5 stages which are generally created with input from everyone.  At a minimum a pistol, rifle, ammo, & spare mags is generally all you need.  Holsters, slings, & mag pouches are handy though.  Ranges for pistols are generally 10-25 yards & 50-200 yards for rifles.  2-3 pistol (15rd mags) & 1-2 rifle mags (30rd mags) is usually enough to get through a stage.  Round counts have been fairly low lately.  Stages can include running, barriers, reloads, & other fun challenges we come up with as the day goes on.  Feel free to ask any questions or offer suggestions.

Participants:
MisterTwo
YaBoyKGTho + camping
RolandDeschain
billytehbob + camping + 1
southerncross
0627Devildog + camping
dalyman72 + 1-3
tok762
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#1]
In for both days
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#2]
In for Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m in
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Definitely in for Sunday.....likely in for Sat.

Trophy will be present.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I plan on being there. I am trying to bring a plus one or three.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in Sunday
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ll be there camping, with a probably +1
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#9]
My weekend to be on call :/
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:05:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My weekend to be on call :/
View Quote

Phone service works there (ish)
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Does the range need anything specific? Trash bags, any power tools?

I've got a piece of conveyor belt from Tex, it makes good hanger material if y'all are out of firehouse.

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Does the range need anything specific? Trash bags, any power tools?

I've got a piece of conveyor belt from Tex, it makes good hanger material if y'all are out of firehouse.

View Quote

I think we've got a decent amount of fire hose but it never hurts to have more material for target hangers. I'm going by tomorrow to check things out but I think we're good. I'm sure the range could use a mow at this point though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Heading down in a bit, should be there by 730ish.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No camping for me this go round. I'll be there in the morning.
View Quote

#metoo
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

#metoo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No camping for me this go round. I'll be there in the morning.

#metoo

#biggay
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll be there between 9-9:30am Sunday
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Good time.  Had fun.  Good to see the old faces and the new.

Open note to the jerk-off that shot the paddles off the dueling tree at the Angry Emu range, with a fucking 30-30, may 1000 ticks infest your asshole.

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks to everyone that made it out today & as always a big thanks to @Emu for providing a great venue for us.  We managed to get 12 runners through 5 stages in about 3 hours.  I think we've got a great thing going here.  Having everyone helping out makes a big difference too.  Looking at the calendar, the 3rd Sunday of the month in July lands on the 17th so next month is tentatively scheduled for then.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks to everyone that made it out today & as always a big thanks to @Emu for providing a great venue for us.  We managed to get 12 runners through 5 stages in about 3 hours.  I think we've got a great thing going here.  Having everyone helping out makes a big difference too.  Looking at the calendar, the 3rd Sunday of the month in July lands on the 17th so next month is tentatively scheduled for then.
View Quote

In.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good time.  Had fun.  Good to see the old faces and the new.

Open note to the jerk-off that shot the paddles off the dueling tree at the Angry Emu range, with a fucking 30-30, may 1000 ticks infest your asshole.

View Quote

I was really hoping to get the dueling tree repaired at some point.  Anyone know where the base of it is?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was really hoping to get the dueling tree repaired at some point.  Anyone know where the base of it is?
View Quote

We need to find the last 2 paddles. We know a welder. Base can be fabricated if we can’t dig the original up. It’s there somewhere I’m sure.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#23]
For posterity.....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Is there a minimum cartridge required for the pistol?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is there a minimum cartridge required for the pistol?
View Quote

Well, we have been using mini-mo's and such lately so 9mm is advised.  22LR isn't gonna flip them.  Also those that use 22LR on a rifle struggle with the 200 yard rifle targets especially if there is a breeze.

Most of us shoot 9mm and 556
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#27]
So…bonus points if we compete with a .22?

May need a new 9mm (Sig/CZ). Learning quickly that I can shoot the P322’s far better than my glocks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So…bonus points if we compete with a .22?

May need a new 9mm (Sig/CZ). Learning quickly that I can shoot the P322’s far better than my glocks.
View Quote

No bonuses, only penalties for missed targets.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No bonuses, only penalties for missed targets.
View Quote

You’d need a damn good calculator to add up my misses!
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Props to Brian for keeping this ball rolling!

We need to fix those leg snapper holes in the run area of the range. Ian falling could been much much worse.

How many pesos do you need crowd funded to make that happen? Or can someone localish bring a truckload of dirt? Not sure how exactly to execute here, hopefully someone will chime in with a useful idea.

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We need to fix those leg snapper holes in the run area of the range. Ian falling could been much much worse.

How many pesos do you need crowd funded to make that happen? Or can someone localish bring a truckload of dirt? Not sure how exactly to execute here, hopefully someone will chime in with a useful idea.

View Quote

We're planning a working party in the fall.  All we need to fill holes is labor, a breaker bar, a shovel, and maybe a bucket.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We're planning a working party in the fall.  All we need to fill holes is labor, a breaker bar, a shovel, and maybe a bucket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s plenty of rocks to be found out there which would compact far less than filling the holes with dirt. There’s also a small pile of gravel next to the drive close to the gate in the electric fence. Y’all are welcome to use it as well. I certainly grant my heartfelt approval and appreciation for filling any/all of those leg-breaker holes!!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strong backs and weak minds
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top