Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2022 3:54:34 PM EDT
Hey everyone, new GA resident here. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on good outdoor ranges to shoot at in the Marietta/Kennesaw/Canton area. I've been pretty spoiled with living close to the Clinton house in SC so I would prefer something similar with open bays where you can shoot and move. Even better if I can shoot under NODS too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a little bit of a hike, but the GAHTF has a group range called Angry Emu range, thanks to @Emu. It's a terrific resource.

You can check out more here

Also we have a monthly 2-gun there, usually the third sunday of the month, but it'll be the fourth for June.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome! I’m in west Cobb. Been to both governors locations, ga firing line, and The Vault.

Nothing I can find that allows cool movement that’s not a haul. Sorry
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Get on the list at Pickens County Sportsman's club.

It's not bad, the current CRSO is a douche with a 43-page list of rules.

However, since no one's ever there nor knows the rules anyways....
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#4]
What Bryan M said above!
There are other douches there as well just like any other club.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get on the list at Pickens County Sportsman's club.

It's not bad, the current CRSO is a douche with a 43-page list of rules.

However, since no one's ever there nor knows the rules anyways....
View Quote

The rules were submitted long before the current CRSO was appointed and are not “his” rules. The safety committee drafted them under the previous CRSO; the board adjusted and ratified.  The rules are also aligned with the majority of the other local outdoor ranges.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The rules were submitted long before the current CRSO was appointed and are not “his” rules. The safety committee drafted them under the previous CRSO; the board adjusted and ratified.  The rules are also aligned with the majority of the other local outdoor ranges.
View Quote

They were submitted/created by the same person, and REJECTED by the board at an earlier date.

They are ripped off of RBGC/aligned with clubs run in a very different manner, yes.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:The rules were submitted long before the current CRSO was appointed and are not “his” rules. The safety committee drafted them under the previous CRSO; the board adjusted and ratified.  The rules are also aligned with the majority of the other local outdoor ranges.

Dude, you have no clue. I didn’t create the documents. I reviewed and provided input. I didn’t submit them either. The board did not REJECT them. The truth is the board you were a part of didn’t review them!!

Honestly, your credibility is literally zilch. You resigned from the board after you spent funds inappropriately and then tried to cover it up and lie about it. That’s the facts.

Your issue with the CRSO, I.e, me, must be over me calling you out when you lied about conversing with me over signage that you put up. Outside of that, I don’t recall that we’ve had any interaction. You certainly haven’t come up to me and address your concerns. You had your chance the other week but just drove by…

This post goes on to solidify how you got the moniker of Lyin’ Bryan.
View Quote

Hello Justin L.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They were submitted/created by the same person, and REJECTED by the board at an earlier date.

They are ripped off of RBGC/aligned with clubs run in a very different manner, yes.
View Quote

Dude, you have no clue. I didn’t create the documents. I reviewed and provided input. I didn’t submit them either. The board did not REJECT them. The truth is the board you were a part of didn’t review them!!

Honestly, your credibility is literally zilch. You resigned from the board after you spent funds inappropriately and then tried to cover it up and lie about it. That’s the facts.

Your issue with the CRSO, I.e, me, must be over me calling you out when you lied about conversing with me over signage that you put up. Outside of that, I don’t recall that we’ve had any interaction. You certainly haven’t come up to me and address your concerns. You had your chance the other week but just drove by…

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hello Justin L.
View Quote

I don’t really hide behind a vague username….

This is Jay, correct?
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Submitted with him on the "safety committee", reviewed then dismissed by the board. The then-CRSO/"committee" took 9 months to come up with what was presented again.

Resigned in November instead of leaving in December.
The accusation was laid by a board member (and friend of this guy) who was thrown off the board for financial issues. Real credible guy there. At least one of the people involved in that has apologized to some of the wrongfully-accused. Guess you aren't big enough to admit a mistake, or when you don't know what you were talking about.

Then this committee member freaks out over an email not sent. No big deal. "Oh you lied and didn't send that! " Oh yeah dude, Watergate.  He's then given a basic "safety project" to install a light and can't be bothered to do that. Guess safety issues are only important if he came up with them.

View Quote

Thanks for the moniker, be sure to say hi to your friend who got tossed off the board, unanimously.
Little wonder the club can barely find 11 people to get a free membership and be in the board.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 6:56:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don’t really hide behind a vague username….

This is Jay, correct?
View Quote

Vague usernames seems to be common place here including yours sir...

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#12]
OP,

PCSC (Pickens county sportsman’s club) has 3+ ranges that allow for dynamic movement and engaging of steel/paper targets. The engaging of steel is limited to pistol based cartridges on those ranges. No after dark shooting is allowed however. There’s currently a wait list for new members.

RBGC (Riverbend gun club)- I believe they have 2+ ranges that allow for dynamic movement. RBGC is a very nice facility with no real wait list, but a higher initiation fee than most ranges. RBGC offers a lot of competitions, from Cowboy Action, IDPA, F-class to .22 benchrest. If you’re a competitive shooter, it’s worth a hard look.

Angry EMU- A treasure for the HTF! Targets can be engaged out to 300yds. A bit further of a drive, but this would be your best bet for a range to use your NODs.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP,

PCSC (Pickens county sportsman’s club) has 3+ ranges that allow for dynamic movement and engaging of steel/paper targets. The engaging of steel is limited to pistol based cartridges on those ranges. No after dark shooting is allowed however. There’s currently a wait list for new members.

RBGC (Riverbend gun club)- I believe they have 2+ ranges that allow for dynamic movement but there are limitations for drawing from holsters outside of competitions. @stimpsoncat may can confirm. RBGC is a very nice facility with no real wait list, but a higher initiation fee than most ranges. RBGC offers a lot of competitions, from Cowboy Action, IDPA, F-class to .22 benchrest. If you’re a competitive shooter, it’s worth a hard look.

Angry EMU- A treasure for the HTF! Targets can be engaged out to 300yds. A bit further of a drive, but this would be your best bet for a range to use your NODs.
View Quote

River Bend has at least 12 bays where you can shoot pistols with "dynamic movement" and no restrictions on drawing from a holster.  We have 6 bays where rifle caliber carbines are allowed "dynamic movement" with a one time CRO sign off.
Add to that a 600, 200, 100 yard and a 500 meter rifle ranges.
No wait list at all.     rbgc.org
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the clarification. I’m not a member yet, but thought that was what was mentioned when I visited as a guest.

Amazing facility.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's a little bit of a hike, but the GAHTF has a group range called Angry Emu range, thanks to @Emu. It's a terrific resource.

You can check out more here

Also we have a monthly 2-gun there, usually the third sunday of the month, but it'll be the fourth for June.
View Quote

NV shoot on the 25th and 2 Gun shoot on the 26th this month.  I travel down there every month from Cobb.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

What he says above
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Welcome! I’m in west Cobb. Been to both governors locations, ga firing line, and The Vault.

Nothing I can find that allows cool movement that’s not a haul. Sorry
View Quote

The best you'll get near there is...... if you take a pistol class from governors they will let you draw from the holster and shoot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Vague usernames seems to be common place here including yours sir...

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Abbreviated name in a username….the key to clandestine operations.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Op, I’m out in Carrolton. You can come shoot on my property all you want.

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#25]
^

That’ll get your inbox filled up quick!!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
^

That’ll get your inbox filled up quick!!!!
View Quote

I’ve put it out there before, have met up with two members out here.

I spend a lot of time at Arena Training Facility when I’m not shooting at home.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Is your name chopps?
View Quote

Since 2008 yes. Why you atf southerncross.
Darn nosey folks must be democrats.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Since 2008 yes.
Darn nosey folks must be democrats.

View Quote

Come on J. Levitt, no need to be modest about who you are.

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:55:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Funny how people get so upset so quick almost like a Democrat trying to hide something.

Attachment Attached File

Dood your going down that road with SuperJlarge as your nick, OK then let you're conspiracy theory begin.

I won't say hello Justin Large again.

Quoted:

Abbreviated name in a username….the key to clandestine operations
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Could be but,
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Op, I’m out in Carrolton. You can come shoot on my property all you want.

View Quote

Im down to ride.... ??
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, this has been illuminating.  I sure as shit know what club I won't be joining.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Funny how people get so upset so quick almost like a Democrat trying to hide something.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/poof_usual_suspects-336.gif

Dood your going down that road with SuperJlarge as your nick, OK then let you're conspiracy theory begin.

I won't say hello Justin Large again.

Quoted:

Abbreviated name in a username….the key to clandestine operations
View Quote

Doesn’t really bother me. I’m not the one attacking people behind a username.

Heck, most of the ppl that frequent this board know me and at least 50+ have met me.  I attend events, I’m on other HTF groups and I try to help members with issues or questions. I lost anonymity a long time ago.

If you all want to discuss the club, feel free to message me or start a different thread. No need to further hijack this one.

Justin
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Seriously your going there,

I'm not the person calling someone a liar here here in a public forum and slandering him PUBLICLY.

All I said was hello to you and expressed that there are more douches there just like any other club and agree with Bryan on rules.

Do you understand the word hypocrite son.........

Be carefull someone could take legal action for slander possibly. Don't worry I saved all the web pages just incase you need them.

Quoted:

Heck, most of the ppl that frequent this board know me and at least 50+ have met me.  I attend events, I’m on other HTF groups and I try to help members with issues or questions. I lost anonymity a long time ago.

If you all want to discuss the club, feel free to message me or start a different thread. No need to further hijack this one.

Justin
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Justin

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Purses A Flyin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top