Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2022 3:44:23 AM EDT
Anyone going to the Blade Show this weekend?

Anyone been before?
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going, and I've been several times over past 20(+) years.

It's great. If you like knives, there's nothing else like it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven’t been in over 15 years back when I used to collect knives. Bought a bunch of custom Striders that I flipped the following Monday.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Most gun shows have beef jerky and cheap Chinese knives.

Will the blade show have beef jerky and cheap guns?
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Most gun shows have beef jerky and cheap Chinese knives.

Will the blade show have beef jerky and cheap guns?
View Quote

Haha...I don't recall seeing any cheap guns.

You may see jerky though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
We like knives

@suppo We've never been before, anything we should know or avoid? I saw that concealed carry was a no go, do they wand you?  You can have one EDC knife plus one more in your bag but that's it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We like knives

@suppo We've never been before, anything we should know or avoid? I saw that concealed carry was a no go, do they wand you?  You can have one EDC knife plus one more in your bag but that's it.
View Quote

The prohibition on concealed carry is news to me, as is the limit on knives.  I can't imagine either policy is enforced.  After looking at the Blade Show website, the concealed carry policy is imposed by the facility, and not the Blade Show itself.

I have never been wanded.

There will be thousands of attendees.  Enforcing those rules will be impractical, if not impossible.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
That's what I was hoping to hear, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
We’re going on Saturday. I was trying to remember how they handle security today, but couldn’t.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#9]
There are small vendors from around the world. I bought some knives made by old Japanese guys that are amazing quality
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I doubt we'll buy anything, just don't have the budget for it.  I just want to see all the stuff I can't afford lol.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I doubt we'll buy anything, just don't have the budget for it.  I just want to see all the stuff I can't afford lol.
View Quote

You will see more guys with backpacks indoors than you've ever seen before I bet.  I understand why they have them but the damn packs get in the way when trying to maneuver around people or get close enough to a display to see what's in it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The prohibition on concealed carry is news to me, as is the limit on knives.  I can't imagine either policy is enforced.  After looking at the Blade Show website, the concealed carry policy is imposed by the facility, and not the Blade Show itself.

I have never been wanded.

There will be thousands of attendees.  Enforcing those rules will be impractical, if not impossible.
View Quote

Went strapped last year, no wanding or MDs of any sort.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#13]
There was no wanding or bag checks so nobody will know if you're packing.  The line to get in was an hour long but at least it was relatively cool outside.  

The show was huge! Saw tons of awesome knives I couldn't afford. Met J. Neilson from Forged In Fire.  Super nice guy and not as cranky as he seems on TV lol.  Saw several Forged in Fire former competitors. Got some swag and other than paying the pain tax from all the walking, I really enjoyed it.  

There were even a few gun companies represented there (all I can think of was Lion Heart and Nighthawk).  We got lucky and the guy processing parking charges had an issue with his machine so we got free parking which saved $10.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top