Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2022 5:16:04 PM EDT
Here is the LINKY that you seek.

Play around with it.  When results start coming in, you can break it down by race, county, precincts, etc.  

Note:  This is not an endorsement of any candidate or political party.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Very early returns only give a hint of how things may shape up.  So far, no surprises.  The ranking positions look in line with recent polls in US Senate and Governor's races.

The Republican Secretary of State's race may be worth keeping an eye on.  Incumbent Raffensperger polled in the lead but still only 31% before election day.  With votes now being counted, he is at 49% with Jody Hice at 35%.  This race might go to a runoff unless Raffensperger improves his position above 50%.

Note:  Not an endorsement of a candidate or political party.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#3]
My take aways from the primaries.

The establishment Rs are still strong in Ga.  Kemp and Raffensperger were protected and won't be held accountable by the Republican machine for their election circus in 2020.  Pressure and the spotlight may cause them to clean up the vote process but they are kidding themselves if they think the MAGA crowd is going to forget their 2020 betrayal.   Unlike most general elections where the candidate moves to the center, Kemp will have to go hard right to try to gain the Perdue voters.  Crossover dems voting in the R primary made Kemp's support look better than it is and most likely kept Raff out of a run off for SOS.

Herschel will be a good Senator.  He loves America and want's to serve Georgians not the swamp.  

I live in the 6th and I'll be happy with either Evans or McCormick.  Either will pick up the flip and be a big upgrade over our current dem McBath.

I'm hoping Vernon Jones wins the run off in the 10th.  He will be a disruptor not a typical GA squish.

Despite the R machine trying to monkey with MTG's district to make her vulnerable, she crushed the machine and won big. She could be our DeSantis down the road.  She is one of the few that realize the establishment Rs are just as big of a problem to the MAGA agenda as the dems.  

Burt Jones seems solid.  Since my money and political efforts (small, but there are many of us) will be spent trying to get either Kemp or Stacey thrown from office for voting crimes, I think he could make a good Governor.  

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't think Kemp was that popular, but damn 73.5%.

Welp hopefully he carries that into the general.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't think Kemp was that popular, but damn 73.5%.

Welp hopefully he carries that into the general.
View Quote

LOL!  The general is not a bunch of Republicans voting with some Democrat crossovers.  It is a very different election than a primary, which is just a party choosing its nominee.  The question for the general election is whether the state is more Democrat or less Democrat than it was in 2018.  

Kemp received 55,000 votes more than Abrams in 2018.

That is very close in a state of this size. (Kemp took 50.2%)

Kemp hopes social justice stands he took like making a criminal out of any Georgia citizen who would hold a rapist for the police will win him votes from Stacy Abrams voters.  Do you think that was a wise strategic move that will buy him Democrat votes?  I don't.

The only reason Republicans hold 57% of the seats in the state house is redistricting.

Over the last decade the white population of Georgia has dropped by 1%.  While that is not a lot, the black population has increased by 13% (and continues to increase).  One could say race does not dictate how you vote, but black Georgians vote pretty reliably Democrat (close to 90%), so these demographic shifts play a major role in changing the politics here.

Stacy Abrams stands a very good chance of being elected Governor in November.  It is going to be very close no matter who wins.

My point is only that Kemp's performance in the primary really says nothing about how he will do in the general.

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone have a link to the ballot question responses? I'm curious how those were answered by the population.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top