Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2022 2:09:12 PM EDT
Have you been to Covington to see the original filming locations?  My sis and I are huge Dukes fan and I didn't know that the original season was filmed in Covington and Conyers.  One of these days, hopefully before it gets too hot, we're going to do the tourist thing.  It's a little lame, I know, but we were and still are, big Duke's fans.  

Most of the iconic locations are still there although being used as other businesses.  The Boar's Nest still exists as a church.  Nothing against the church but it would be awesome to see it opened back up as a bar/BBQ joint/gas station exactly as it was at the time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Why did I think it was filled in CA? Dang, might have to make a pilgrimage
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I think only the first episodes were filmed in GA and later on it was filmed in CA.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was raised on Dukes Of Hazzard so I get it.

One of my really good friends growing up is the nephew of two of the stunt drivers from Dukes Of Hazzard, A Team, Night Rider, and a lot of other 80s TV shows and films. Jack Gill and Andy Gill are their names. Through them I got to go to the reunions shows they used to put on, meet the cast, etc. Really cool people, all of them.
View Quote

That is very cool.  My only close contact was getting to talk to John Schneider on the phone once.  Had a relative who was a member of his fan club and he called her on the phone on her birthday.  That was back when your phone had a 20' cord and everyone rushed to be the person who got to answer it lol.  

I answered the phone and this guy who's voice I immediately recognized said "Hi, this John Schneider, is "name" home?".  Of course I took the opportunity to chat with the guy before calling her over and saying "John Schneider's on the phone, he wants to talk to you."  She was so mad I didn't immediately give her the phone lol.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why did I think it was filled in CA? Dang, might have to make a pilgrimage
View Quote

Only season one was filmed in and around Covington.  After the network saw how popular the show was going the moved the filming to California.  However, all the iconic jump scenes and stuff from the intro are from GA.  

Found out yesterday that the "Duke farm" is only about 15 minutes drive from my house.  The house and barn are now gone and a new house sits on the property.  One of the chimneys from the original house still stands, the other fell during a storm.  The remnants of Uncle Jessie's still is still on the property.  The property owner has a nice collection of photos and stuff from when they filmed there.  

Everything I learned was via YouTube from a video by "ChunkeyMonkey40".  He's a Dukes of Hazzard fan who's made several videos on the show and the filming locations.  Definitely worth watching if you're a fan.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:16:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Y'all are wannabe fans ??. My buddy has room dedicated to the show. He has thousands of dollars in toys, memorabilia, autographed stuff n pictures with all the actors.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:36:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree the Boars Nest should be a BBQ Joint complete with Daisy-like waitresses.

With Today's Cancel Culture you'd get swamped with protests.

Someone tracked down the original General Lee (there were many as stunt cars but this was apparently the first one) to a junk yard in Dawson.  It was rebuilt completely from a wreck and put on the road for rich enthusiasts to pass around.  They probably can't drive it around without protesters surrounding them.

The show could probably resurrect and reboot as a gay couple outrunning southern anti-sodomy law enforcement and conservatives, For income, Transgender Cousin Daisy and the Duke's run underground hormone therapy to trans children instead of moonshine.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top