Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2022 10:27:51 AM EDT

EDIT: Someone on GD said Ranked Choice was only for overseas R primary ballots. Im not sure at this point.
So my original assumption may be wrong:
------------------

Just a heads up for the GA people as I discovered this today researching my local ballots.
I would suggest researching and making your choices at home before heading to the polling place.
I predict it's going to be a shitshow there.

Re my question (answered there) I posted about it in GD.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Who's idea was that?

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I know the legislature kicked around the idea of ranked voting during this last session, but was unaware it got any legs.

What is your source?  

eta.  I found it.  You're right.  According to this website, in 2021 Georgia adopted ranked voting only for military and overseas ballots.  That's a new one on me.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

EDIT: Someone on GD said Ranked Choice was only for overseas R primary ballots. Im not sure at this point.
So my original assumption may be wrong:
------------------

Just a heads up for the GA people as I discovered this today researching my local ballots.
I would suggest researching and making your choices at home before heading to the polling place.
I predict it's going to be a shitshow there.

Re my question (answered there) I posted about it in GD.
View Quote

Glad you figured it out! It wasn't easy to determine from the first few articles I read, even the Senate bill wasn't clear. When I pulled up my sample ballot and it looked normal I dug a little deeper and saw the overseas aspect, it is to reduce the time between the election date and a primary if needed. I still think the cost savings were more of a driving force than anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top