Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2022 11:13:22 AM EDT
In case some of you haven’t heard.

Link

Police: Owner, wife, grandson shot dead in robbery at Coweta gun range

Three family members were killed during a robbery at a Grantville gun range Friday, and investigators from multiple agencies worked late into the night scene searching for answers at the grim crime.

Robbers shot and killed the owner of the Lock Stock & Barrel Shooting range along with his wife and grandson, according to Grantville police.

Coweta County property records show the gun range, at 514 Bohannon Road, was owned by two Sharpsburg men named Tommy Hawk and Thomas Richard Hawk Jr.

Police indicated about 40 weapons and a camera DVR were stolen during the robbery, which occurred between 5:30 and 6 p.m. as the range was preparing to close Friday.

Anyone who drove past the gun range during that time and saw any vehicles parked outside other than a white Ford dually truck or a black Ford Expedition are urged to contact the police department at 770-583-2266.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#1]
That's just horrible.....
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Very sad for the family.  Here is another LINKY

The only additional info than in the opening post is:
The range was owned by 71-year-old Thomas Richard Hawk Sr. His grandson, Luke, was home from college on a break and was helping out his grandparents
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Tragic.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
It makes me angry just to think about it .

RIP folks .  You did not deserve to go this way .

gd
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, this is horrible.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]

This is one of the worst murders I have heard of in a long time. Prayers to the family and hopefully justice to the victims.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 12:50:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Tommy was a good man, he'd give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He was thinking about selling his shop and retiring. Every time I saw him he asked me if I was ready to buy it. I asked if he was ready to finance it for me.

Damn the fuckers that did this. No punishment will be enough for them
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Did they ever catch the gang that used a truck to break into Gable sporting goods store in Douglasville in 2020?

The robberies are so bold and dangerous getting worse.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#10]
This is sickening and makes me furious. They will catch the creeps but there will never be enough justice.

The updated news states the thugs stole the surveillance system, probably the on site dvr.

For anyone considering additional surveillance a ring system is inexpensive, very easy to use, and the video is stored in the cloud.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is sickening and makes me furious. They will catch the creeps but there will never be enough justice.

The updated news states the thugs stole the surveillance system, probably the on site dvr.

For anyone considering additional surveillance a ring system is inexpensive, very easy to use, and the video is stored in the cloud.
View Quote

ADT is also a solid choice. A little more costly then ring. But it also stores video in a cloud. I get videos text to my phone.
Arlo is a good one too. FMJ in Lagrange had another attempt break in. Arlo picked up movement. Sent a text to owner n he called 911 while he watched them on camera. N deputies caught them nextdoor getting into get away car.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#12]
This blows...Im in Newnan, shit is getting bad, but when and if they catch them they will never face the justice they deserve
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did they ever catch the gang that used a truck to break into Gable sporting goods store in Douglasville in 2020?

The robberies are so bold and dangerous getting worse.
View Quote

Two guys arrested, 6 more suspects still at large.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Two guys arrested, 6 more suspects still at large.
View Quote

Same crew tried shooters, a store in Opelika and ram thru the wall at FMJ in Lagrange. They caught two in gas station robbery with guns from FMJ.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#16]
can anyone give me a link that these guys were captured ? I cant find anything
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#17]
the county coronor was was the son of the owner and the father of the kid home on spring break.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:59:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Local to me. I hope they catch the perps ASAP.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I expect this sort of thing to get worse in the near term.
View Quote

Because you have eyes.....and a brain.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
the county coronor was was the son of the owner and the father of the kid home on spring break.
View Quote

Jesus....
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
can anyone give me a link that these guys were captured ? I cant find anything
View Quote

Same. I can’t find anything.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Same. I can't find anything.
View Quote
No arrest yet
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:42:06 PM EDT
[#24]
They've made an arrest! 21 year old Jacob Christian Muse from College Park. I haven't seen a picture yet.

https://times-herald.com/news/2022/04/breaking-one-in-custody-in-hawk-family-homicide

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Hopefully, he will get the needle.

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
After he fingers his partners and helps recover the stolen weapons.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They've made an arrest! 21 year old Jacob Christian Muse from College Park. I haven't seen a picture yet.

https://times-herald.com/news/2022/04/breaking-one-in-custody-in-hawk-family-homicide

View Quote

There is a picture in the link you posted, maybe it was added after you saw it
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Firing squad would be a good idea
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#30]

The arrested perp.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There is a picture in the link you posted, maybe it was added after you saw it
View Quote
I saw it right when it was announced, they hadn't posted a pic yet.

Put him in a room and let family members have at him with pliers and blowtorches.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Did he act alone?  Motives?  So sick that people will do these things.

I pray for the family.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#33]
I read somewhere yesterday that they had trimmed down the number of firearms from 40 to about a dozen.

Also, the article said he had been to the range enough that some folks remembered him.  He had purchased at least one firearm in the past from the shop.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd tie him down, paint his belly and bits with peanut butter and let about a hundred starving rats loose on him.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:11:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

If he does he will be the first person in the coweta judicial circuit to get it in probably the last 20-30 years at least.
Always an excuse as to why they didn’t seek the death penalty.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 9:52:55 PM EDT
[#36]
I heard on WSB that they expected more arrests. Maybe he wasn't alone.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If he does he will be the first person in the coweta judicial circuit to get it in probably the last 20-30 years at least.
View Quote

Death penalty cases are rare now.  The average cost is north of $400k.  Some rural counties would have to raise the tax rate to recover the cost.  The legislature compensated for this in 1993 when they provided judges the sentencing option of true Life Without Possibility of Parole
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Death penalty cases are rare now.  The average cost is north of $400k.  Some rural counties would have to raise the tax rate to recover the cost.  The legislature compensated for this in 1993 when they provided judges the sentencing option of true Life Without Possibility of Parole
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the DA doesn’t seek the death penalty, vote his ass out. Of course the family should have a say in it, and this case screams put the parasite down.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If the DA doesn’t seek the death penalty, vote his ass out. Of course the family should have a say in it, and this case screams put the parasite down.
View Quote

Of course he can be voted out, but while the family gets a say - they don't get the only say.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#40]
On 2nd thought.  deleted.

Carry on.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top