Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/10/2021 10:37:24 AM EDT
We've got several different threads on this topic.  I thought a single consolidated thread would make more sense.  

I'll start it out with a general overview article I just read at Fivethirtyeight:  Early Look at Georgia's Governor's Race

Disclaimer:  Nothing in this post is intended as an endorsement of a candidate or political party.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Extremely stupid publicity stunt that will go absolutely nowhere. It may help him win over some the MAGA voters, but it's guaranteed to lose him a hefty chunk of the independent voters.

Link Posted: 12/11/2021 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Now he cares.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#4]

This stunt will only hurt him.  

Hello Abrams
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Absolutely reeks of a desperate attempt to appeal to voters.  If he actually believed there was fraud he would have joined the lawsuit long ago and not right after announcing a run at governor.  

Why isn't there a good candidate running?  We need to convince Candace Owens to move to Georgia so she can run.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 12:13:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Whoever gets Trump's endorsement, I assume that will be Perdue, is going to win.
I will never vote for Kemp under any circumstance.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Absolutely reeks of a desperate attempt to appeal to voters.  If he actually believed there was fraud he would have joined the lawsuit long ago and not right after announcing a run at governor.  

Why isn't there a good candidate running?  We need to convince Candace Owens to move to Georgia so she can run.
View Quote

The republicans love mediocre options. Good luck getting a good option from the republicans. 2 of the last 3 republican governors used to be democrats and that was the best they can do.  These were the only ?republicans" in over 100 years to be elected governor.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 12:35:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shane Hazel is already here, but he’s not a Republicrat.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Perdue is looking at how wildly popular DeSantis is and he will do his best to emulate his platform.  Abrams can't get elected with the minority vote from Atlanta, Macon, Augusta etc.  She has to have the Karens from Metro Atlanta and Perdue can get that vote.

Of course if they are allowed to cheat then it doesn't matter.

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Perdue is looking at how wildly popular DeSantis is and he will do his best to emulate his platform.  Abrams can't get elected with the minority vote from Atlanta, Macon, Augusta etc.  She has to have the Karens from Metro Atlanta and Perdue can get that vote.

Of course if they are allowed to cheat then it doesn't matter.

View Quote

The metro-area folks who voted for Warnock, Ossoff, and Biden will NEVER vote for a pro-MAGA candidate.

Trump's endorsement alone is enough to keep them.from voting for Perdue.

It'll be an interesting race, but I just don't see the Republican party pulling off a win.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 5:11:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I hate saying this, but regardless of who wins the primary, we still need to show up and vote.  Any Republican nominee won't solve our problems, but it's Democrats in power that are the source of all our problems and they create more.  I despise corrupt RINOs, but I still despise them less than corrupt Marxist-Democrats. We'll still be getting screwed to some degree, but at least we have a choice in who's screwing us, and just the thought of Stacy Abrams standing behind your with a strap on should motivate you to got vote...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Republican win if there is great turnout in the RED areas of the state - aka outside the metro areas. Been done before - I am a GA native and I remember the first election AFTER the state flag was changed and huge turnout from the RED rural areas.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Republican win if there is great turnout in the RED areas of the state - aka outside the metro areas. Been done before - I am a GA native and I remember the first election AFTER the state flag was changed and huge turnout from the RED rural areas.
View Quote

Huge population difference between Atlanta 2001 (3.6 million) and Atlanta 2021 (nearly 6 million). Atlanta makes up more than 50% of GA's total population (10.7 million), and there are a few other large concentrations of blue in the state as well.

2001 population:

Atlanta: 3.6 million
Georgia: 8.4 million
"Rural" GA Population 4.8 million

2021 population:

Atlanta: 5.9 million
Georgia: 10.7 million
"Rural" GA Population: 4.8 million

The numbers simply aren't there.

If Abrams can mobilize the blue vote against Perdue, and it won't be difficult with a Trump endorsement, the Republican's chances don't look good.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:59:49 AM EDT
[#14]
GA is still solidly Red; at least 3 steps to the right of VA that just elected R's across the state. The massive ballot stuffing in 2018 and 2020, along with the MSM pushing the false narrative that GA is blue are the only way the dems got their candidates "elected"

Before 2020 less than 5% of Georgians thought vote cheating was an issue.  Now 75% of Republicans believe it and almost 50% of independents.  Democrats won't admit it, but they know it.  There is no way that Sleepy Joe who couldn't draw 100 people to a rally got more votes in Ga than the 2 liberal Rock stars Obama and Hillary and yet that's what the MSM wants us to believe even after they had to shut down the vote at 10pm to inject 10's of thousands of votes in key Dem controlled voting districts.  

Going squishy will get Abrams elected.  Going full bore MAGA in the primary gets Kemp out and a "better"  Republican elected.
Hershel Walker will have some coattails too.  Bringing traditional dems to the Republican side.  

The #1 goal is to secure the vote and if we do that we get a MAGA governor. Fail and we get Abrams.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#15]
We'll see. I think you've spent too much time in conservative echo chambers listening to the same misinformation for the past year.

You don't need to agree with the other news sources, but you really ought to spend some time listening to them. Both sides are spewing bullshit, and the truth lies where their stories overlap.

Trump won in 2016 because the Dems underestimated how much people (even Dems) hated Hillary. He lost in 2020 because the Republicans underestimated how much the Dems hate him. They didn't turn out to vote for Biden. They turned out to vote against Trump.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Already saw the first attack ad against Perdue from Kemp this morning.

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#17]
It would be interesting to see how many people who "live" in Atlanta and Savannah are legally registered to vote in Georgia. Lots of transients, part-timers, college students, those with multiple homes, etc.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Kandiss Taylor is the best option for governor out of all the candidates.

The others just SUCK, Perdue included.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Huge population difference between Atlanta 2001 (3.6 million) and Atlanta 2021 (nearly 6 million). Atlanta makes up more than 50% of GA's total population (10.7 million), and there are a few other large concentrations of blue in the state as well.

2001 population:

Atlanta: 3.6 million
Georgia: 8.4 million
"Rural" GA Population 4.8 million

2021 population:

Atlanta: 5.9 million
Georgia: 10.7 million
"Rural" GA Population: 4.8 million

The numbers simply aren't there.

If Abrams can mobilize the blue vote against Perdue, and it won't be difficult with a Trump endorsement, the Republican's chances don't look good.
View Quote

Let's be fair, the entire metro population is 6M, Atlanta proper is <500k. The Atlanta MSA is made up of 29 counties, including places like Barrow, Dawson, Pickens, Forsyth and many other counties that are solidly red. Those all get lumped in to the 6M number being cited.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Kandiss Taylor is the best option for governor out of all the candidates.

The others just SUCK, Perdue included.
View Quote

This is false. Shane Hazel is the best option. But since he has the balls to operate outside the Republicrat duopoly, people dismiss him without actually learning about his positions. Choosing the lesser of 2 evils is what has gotten us to this point.

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Let's be fair, the entire metro population is 6M, Atlanta proper is <500k. The Atlanta MSA is made up of 29 counties, including places like Barrow, Dawson, Pickens, Forsyth and many other counties that are solidly red. Those all get lumped in to the 6M number being cited.
View Quote

The point is, the metro area has seen a massive population increase over the past 20 years while the rural portions of GA haven't seen an increase in population. I'd even bet that the other blue areas have seen a large population surge over the past two decades as well, and we may have actually seen a reduction in the rural population.

And none of those red counties in the metro area mattered much for Trump, Loeffler, or Perdue in the last elections.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The point is, the metro area has seen a massive population increase over the past 20 years while the rural portions of GA haven't seen an increase in population. I'd even bet that the other blue areas have seen a large population surge over the past two decades as well, and we may have actually seen a reduction in the rural population.

And none of those red counties in the metro area mattered much for Trump, Loeffler, or Perdue in the last elections.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From the recent census.

The four largest Atlanta-area counties of Cobb, DeKalb, Fulton and Gwinnett each grew by more than 10%.

In all, Georgia’s population jumped by 10% to 10.7 million between 2010 and 2020, adding about 1 million people but failing to pick up another seat in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Sixty-seven of Georgia’s 159 counties — most of them smaller and rural — lost population, part of a nationwide trend.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Saw this today in a bs article.

"As someone who has been a Republican all of his life, if this election in 2022 becomes a referendum or a re-litigation of 2020, the Republican Party in Georgia is going to suffer a bloodbath. And you can put that down," Georgia House Speaker David Ralston told WABE's Rahul Bali on Friday.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

If we do it'll be scum like Ralston that helped to bring it on.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Stacey Abrams Details Why She Wants to Run for Governor from WALB Channel 10 (Albany) website

NOTE:  Not an endorsement, on my part, of any candidate or political party
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"As someone who has been a Republican all of his life, if this election in 2022 becomes a referendum or a re-litigation of 2020, the Republican Party in Georgia is going to suffer a bloodbath. And you can put that down," Georgia House Speaker David Ralston told WABE's Rahul Bali on Friday.

Ralston is 100% part of the republican problem. Lessor of 2 evils if ever there was one.  The republicans are set to suffer. East Cobb county has now sent a carpetbagging democrat to congress.  That is the Karen vote that the republicans need but can not get.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Link

Just two weeks after David Perdue entered the race for governor, his attempts to outflank incumbent Brian Kemp are kicking into a new gear with a promise to pass a “constitutional carry” gun proposal if he’s elected governor.

Perdue’s campaign didn’t specify what potential legislation should include, but he said in a statement to the AJC, “As governor, I’ll work with the state Legislature to finally enact constitutional carry. Georgia needs a bold leader who will make waves to get things done – not a career politician who hasn’t delivered.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, I'm sure if he wins Perdue will get right on that just like Trump's second amendment coalition rolled back decades of anti-2A executive orders
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#30]
AJC Link

Former U.S. Sen. David Perdue has loaded his campaign for governor with experienced operatives, including several strategists who were once allied with GOP incumbent Brian Kemp.

It’s an indication that the former senator’s bid to unseat Kemp will be a professional operation not to be taken lightly.

Perdue’s close aide, Austin Chambers, was tapped as the general consultant for the campaign. And Heath Thompson was hired as Perdue’s TV media strategist.

Chambers worked to boost Kemp’s campaign through the Republican Governors Association in 2018. Thompson was a consultant for Kemp in the 2018 campaign.

The campaign manager is also a familiar name in Kemp World. Taylor Brown, who ran then-U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler’s campaign shortly after Kemp appointed her to the office, will serve in that role for Perdue.

Other hires include: Tony Fabrizio as a consultant and pollster; Jenni Sweat as communications director; McKenzie Vaughn as finance director; Sarah Collins as campaign deputy director; Jonathan Salazar as field director; and Taylor Crowe as political director.

The staff is a mix of Perdue veterans and newcomers to his orbit. We’re told several field staffers from Glenn Youngkin’s winning campaign for governor in Virginia are on the ground in Georgia, and to expect more hires to come.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I doubt any of those high profile political people are going to make a difference in the end. The R's are too divided at this point IMO that Abrams will win in November.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#32]
LINKY to Georgia Governor Race 2022 Polls: Is Brian Kemp the Most Vulnerable Governor in 2022?
I don't know about the credibility of the source, but it does post some interesting poll numbers.  

eta.  As a bonus for the few of you who didn't catch it on The View, here is Stacey Abrams being interviewed on January 5th.  The title says its about the Georgia gubernatorial election, but unsurprisingly quite a bit of it is about Trump.
Stacey Abrams Discusses Georgia's 2022 Gubernatorial Election | The View

NOTE:  Nothing in this post is an endorsement of any candidate or political party
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Republicans talk top issues in battle for Georgia governor's seat

Former U.S. Senator David Perdue and former state Representative Vernon Jones question how Gov. Brian Kemp handled President Donald Trump's challenge to the election results.

"What I've claimed is there have not been any outside, independent investigations. Yes, we've heard the Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State all brag about 'Yeah, it was a clean election,' but they have not demonstrated that with outside objective evidence," said Perdue.

"Brian Kemp has let this state down. He cut and ran on election integrity. He refused an audit where people just wanted their questions answered. No one is trying to overturn the election. They just want to make sure it was a free fair and transparent election," said Jones.

Election integrity is a top issue for both Perdue and Jones, but Gov. Kemp says he's addressed the 2020 election by signing Senate Bill 202. He claims the law secures Georgia's elections and makes voting more accessible.

Kemp says he's running on his record; highlighting how he's handled the COVID-19 pandemic and economic development. His platform also heavily focuses on public safety and gun rights, like constitutional carry.

"The bad guys and the people who shouldn't have guns. They're the ones that shouldn't have them. What we're trying to do is that law-abiding citizens that simply want to protect themselves and their property and their business can do the same," said Kemp.

Perdue and Jones both say they're running with the promise of cutting state income tax.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Kemp is running on his "pro business" success; however, is all this new growth really helping your average Georgia citizen? How many Georgians are getting better jobs vs importing a ton of blue state refugees to take the new jobs? Does all this new "business" pay for the new infrastructure requirements, new schools, new roads, and so forth? As a native of Georgia - "Atlanta", Savannah, etc., are not Georgia anymore but a collection of national/international refugees. I worked for a major Georgia corporation with "Georgia" in its title and I swear it seemed like I was the only native Georgian at the corporate HQs in Atlanta.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Kemp is running on his "pro business" success; however, is all this new growth really helping your average Georgia citizen? How many Georgians are getting better jobs vs importing a ton of blue state refugees to take the new jobs? Does all this new "business" pay for the new infrastructure requirements, new schools, new roads, and so forth? As a native of Georgia - "Atlanta", Savannah, etc., are not Georgia anymore but a collection of national/international refugees. I worked for a major Georgia corporation with "Georgia" in its title and I swear it seemed like I was the only native Georgian at the corporate HQs in Atlanta.
View Quote

Plus who's building the new businesses?

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/calls-for-ice-to-investigate-whos-building-korean-battery-plant-in-jackson-county
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Gov. Kemp filing ethics complaint against Republican opponent David Perdue

Gov. Brian Kemp is preparing to lodge an ethics complaint against former Sen. David Perdue in their gubernatorial Republican primary battle, alleging Perdue's campaign has improperly coordinated its efforts with an independent political campaign committee.

The complaint follows on the heels of Perdue's camp filing a lawsuit against a campaign finance law signed into law last year by the governor that critics and experts have said is designed to advantage incumbents, including Kemp.

The complaint, which 11Alive obtained an advance copy of as it is being filed with the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission, alleges that instructions for donating directly to Perdue's campaign, Perdue for Governor, Inc., on the WinRed website of the Georgia Values Fund, an independent committee, violate state campaign financing laws.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#37]
David Perdue proposes an election police force to investigate voter fraud

Georgia Republican gubernatorial candidate David Perdue on Thursday pledged to create a new police unit that would probe voter fraud, forging ahead with a direct appeal to supporters of former President Donald Trump who continue to question the validity of the 2020 presidential election, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Perdue — who served in the US Senate from 2015 until January 2021 and launched an intraparty campaign against Gov. Brian Kemp last December with the support of Trump — said that the law enforcement unit would "give Georgians confidence that only legal votes will be counted."

Perdue also said that he would push for state election results to be "independently audited" before certification.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#38]

That seems like a waste of money, the Secretary of State's Office already has an investigative unit that does investigate election fraud related stuff. If anything hire some more investigators for them but to create an entire new unit is just more government and more tax dollars.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#39]

Classic purse swinging, while these two retards fight each other Stacey Abrams will walk right by them and into the governors mansion.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Classic purse swinging, while these two retards fight each other Stacey Abrams will walk right by them and into the governors mansion.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Classic purse swinging, while these two retards fight each other Stacey Abrams will walk waddle right by them and into the governors mansion.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Kemp Leading Perdue in Georgia Gubernatorial Primary Poll

According to Quinnipiac Poll cited in the story:

Republican Gubernatorial Primary:

Brian Kemp:  43%
David Perdue:  36%
Vernon Jones:  10%
Kandiss Taylor:  4%
Catherine Davis:  1%
Undecided:  5%

In a hypothetical matchup between Kemp & Abrams:

Brian Kemp:  49%
Stacey Abrams:  47%

In a hypothetical matchup between Perdue & Abrams:

David Perdue:  48%
Stacey Abrams:  48%

In a hypothetical matchup between Walker & Warnock in the US Senate race:

Herschel Walker:  49%
Raphael Warnock:  48%

Other questions such as voter ranking of most important issues and voter confidence in the election process with detailed responses are at the link.  It's worth a visit.

NOTE:  This is not an endorsement of any candidate or political party.  It is not a comment on the accuracy of the story or the poll results.  It is barely even a post.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Kemp Leading Perdue in Georgia Gubernatorial Primary Poll

According to Quinnipiac Poll cited in the story:

Republican Gubernatorial Primary:

Brian Kemp:  43%
David Perdue:  36%
Vernon Jones:  10%
Kandiss Taylor:  4%
Catherine Davis:  1%
Undecided:  5%

In a hypothetical matchup between Walker & Warnock in the US Senate race:

Herschel Walker:  49%
Raphael Warnock:  48%

Other questions such as voter ranking of most important issues and voter confidence in the election process with detailed responses are at the link.  It's worth a visit.

NOTE:  This is not an endorsement of any candidate or political party.  It is not a comment on the accuracy of the story or the poll results.  It is barely even a post.
View Quote

You need 50% + 1 to win the primary, so Kemp will end up in a runoff and lose to Perdue who will get all of the Anti Kemp voters.  

Job #1 is securing the vote from being cheated like it was in 2020.  If the actual legal votes are counted, then Walker and Perdue win out.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Some thinks it's a long time before November, but it'll be here before you know it.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#47]
And these options will still suck in 10 months
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Judge hears arguments in challenge to new campaign funds law

Lawyers for Georgia gubernatorial candidate David Perdue and Gov. Brian Kemp sparred in court Monday over a new state law that allows certain top elected officials to create "leadership committees" that can raise campaign funds without limits, even when the legislature is in session.

A lawyer for Perdue argued that the law gives Kemp a significant and unfair fundraising and spending advantage in the Republican primary. A lawyer for the governor countered that it levels the playing field because the governor would otherwise be unable to raise money during a critical period leading up to the primary.

Georgia law says candidates for statewide office can’t collect more than $7,600 from an individual donor for a primary or general election and $4,500 for a runoff election. Incumbent officeholders also may not accept contributions during the legislative session. But leadership committees created under the new law are free from both of those restrictions.

The ability to create a leadership committee under the new law is limited to the governor, lieutenant governor, a political party’s nominee for governor or lieutenant governor, and by the Republican and Democratic caucuses in the state House and Senate. Kemp’s campaign created the Georgians First Leadership Committee in July, just after the law took effect.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#49]
You don't have to like Kemp, but definitely keep an eye on him as he has strong political-fu. He is quite the snake.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#50]
LINKY to Newsweek article entitled, Stacey Abrams Raises Less than Brian Kemp Georgia Governor Race

Of course, Gov Kemp will need to spend more money because he has a contested primary and Abrams does not.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top