Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2021 9:32:58 PM EDT
It's no longer a dry county. The requirements to meet to get a license seems extreme.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link

Only three license will be giving
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not signing up for that just for one article.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

Only three license will be giving

Not signing up for that just for one article.

Blue laws giving way to 3 licenses to own mega liquor stores in Newnan.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Typical. They're probably hoping to award them to the "highest bidder".
View Quote

Hmm. Wal-Mart, Costco, Maybe something downtown. All spots I won't be visiting anyways.

Its weird having to stop at a liquor store on my way home from work (but its right on the way). I could get liquor at grocery stores back home in MO.

Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
The highest bidders will all be connected to city or county government in some way.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When I went to visit Jonnypantz in Indiana I thought it was amazing you could get whiskey from Kroger. I wish we could in Ga. Its assinine that we cant.
View Quote

You would think all movie theaters n grocery stores in south sale beer n liquor.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish they would allow liquor stores in Snellville, I've never heard of such a thing until moving here.  It makes no sense at all.  It doesn't stop anyone from buying booze, it just forces them to buy it the next town over.  The only thing that's different is that other town earns the tax money.  It's insane.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The highest bidders will all be connected to city or county government in some way.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wish they would allow liquor stores in Snellville, I've never heard of such a thing until moving here.  It makes no sense at all.  It doesn't stop anyone from buying booze, it just forces them to buy it the next town over.  The only thing that's different is that other town earns the tax money.  It's insane.
View Quote

Yep again...
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#14]
The old Blue Laws are slowly being eroded away. One jurisdiction at a time. And tax money is a consideration in all of those decisions
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

There was a big fight about it 5-7 years ago. The guy that owned the gas station on the corner of Dogwood Rd and 124 had a big beer and wine shop there. He wanted to expand it to include liquor and was working with the city. Then the bible thumpers got word of it and shut it down. He sold the gas station and told them to kick rocks. The store now sits empty.

Beverage Superstore in Grayson is ~5 mins away. Branded Barrel is ~5 mins away at the other end of Ronald Reagan.

Moral of the story is, Snellville city politics is the epitome of the good ol’ boy network.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

just read a headline saying they'll be allowed in unincorporated areas so maybe no mega stores. who knows.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The old Blue Laws are slowly being eroded away. One jurisdiction at a time. And tax money is a consideration in all of those decisions
View Quote
It would take more than my lifetime to get rid of the real hindrance which is the state monopoly liquor wholesale distributorships that the democrats set up when prohibition ended.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly what happened in Carroll County a few years ago. Some broke ground before the bill was passed and applications were being accepted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top