Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2021 6:35:36 PM EDT
It's something I just got into so I'm basically at the bottom of the fairly large learning curve.

I'm looking for recommendations for gloves that will hold up.  I made the mistake of using my Mechanix covert mpact gloves that I only ever used for shooting and they didn't hold up very well at all.  Especially after washing them .

I think something with a rubberized palm and fingers over some kind of fabric would be best but it's got to be something that will last a year at least.

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 4:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing gloves while metal detecting. What exactly are you trying to prevent by wearing gloves?

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The only metal detectorists I've ever seen are in videos and lots of them wear gloves (depending on where they're digging).  Most of the MD websites recommend it as well.

Although that's not the reason I've been wearing them.  Where we've been digging (basically my yard) is chock full of pieces of sharp metal, nails and the occasional piece of broken glass.  It's also nice to be able to remove my gloves and have clean hands to use the phone/camera, clean my glasses, etc.  

I'm guessing regular old rubberized gardening gloves would work well as long as they hold up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Watch Aqua Chigger's Youtube channel, he's the most entertaining guy that I have found and he preaches about using gloves. Saves you from cutting your hands/finger open on broken bottles as well as broadheads on an arrow, they can do some real damage. He uses some kind of stab proof cloth type of glove.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I've watched some of his videos.  You're right, they are entertaining.  Mostly I watch to try and learn as much as I can.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#5]
This is one of cut-resistant gloves we issue at work.

https://www.magidglove.com/d-rocr-gpd820-lightweight-nitrixr-palm-coated-work-gloves-cut-level-a6-gpd820pp

Reasonably priced yet still effective.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, those are exactly what I was thinking of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top