Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2021 6:42:01 PM EDT
Link

Georgia Lieutenant Governor Geoff Duncan released a statement Monday announcing he will not seek re-election for a second term.

"It always feels coldest right before the sun rises," Lt. Gov. Duncan said in a statement.

He also said, "the national events of the last six months have deeply affected my family in ways I would have never imagined when I first asked for their support to run for Lieutenant Governor in 2017."

Back in March, he also announced that he will not run for Senate. Instead, Lt. Gov. Duncan said he will transition to helping build the future of the national Republican party in an organization called GOP 2.0.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 5:30:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I can see Keisha Lance Bottoms running for Lt. Gov in 2022,  while Abrams shoots for Governor.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems like everyone at top of Atlanta leadership is tainted by the contracting and other fraud. Will be interesting to see.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Another Top GA GOPer looking for a soft place to land.  I think Kemp would bail to but he's on the hook with the organization that blows up your family if you don't come through on your commitment.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can see Keisha Lance Bottoms running for Lt. Gov in 2022,  while Abrams shoots for Governor.
View Quote

Yep, she's already said she's not running for mayor again.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Good riddance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top