Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2021 6:59:36 PM EDT
It’s my third year applying for a gator tag here in Georgia and I’m told I have pretty good odds.  Anyone ever pulled a tag?  I am hoping for Zone 1, but I am guessing it will be zone 2.  Sounds like I have a guide through a friend of a friend.  

Any recommendations for processing in Southwest Georgia?  

I am told AmTan is about the best option for tanning.  Any others?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Chris Blackmon on the ODT is a good guide and person.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the easy to get zones has very little public water. I think you need 4-5 plus points for a healthy zone. If it’s less points I would say there is more research required to determine what about that zone makes it less desirable.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No clue on this one but interested in the replies. I've seen plenty of the bastards on the Flint and Ocmulgee rivers but never thought too hard about trying to get a tag.

@ytka
View Quote

I don’t know much about it. I’ve only applied one year. I’d love to do it one day, but just haven’t gotten around to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top