Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2021 10:36:18 AM EDT
Hey GUYS! I am looking for a few references for private CNA's for In-Home care for an elderly family member. We have exhausted traditional outlets and I thought I would ask people who share a common foundation. Please reply to this post or you can DM me. Thank you for any insight you can provide.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#1]
What county?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Cobb/Cherokee- she is located in North Marietta right near Woodstock.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't recommend Living Angels. We used them for my dad, they were very unreliable and not very helpful when they were there. Several days no one showed up and a few times they just left without notice. There were a few good ones that came through occasionally but for the most part it was a rotating crew of primarily Jamaican CNA's that didn't have a very good command of usable or understandable English.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:41:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Been dealing with caregivers for my mother for two years. My advice is do not go through a company, they usually charge at least $18 an hour on the low side and up to $25 plus. The companies then take a cut and pay their workers $8 or $9 dollars and hour which is $6 or $7 after taxes. They could care less about the crappie job and pay and will not show up half the time and the ones that do only last from a few days to a month or two. Pay someone straight cash. We have two that we use, one makes $15 an hour and the other $11, no taxes and no 1099. They show up every day and both do a great job. Another thing I have noticed is the independent caregivers are way more experienced than the ones hired by the companies. Tell people you are looking for a caregiver and get the word out, someone will know somebody in the business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top