Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2021 6:36:35 AM EDT
I have a friend about to go through a divorce which will probably get nasty.  There will be a custody fight.  Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Dee Crouch is who I used. Her or Harrell and Harrell are the 2 locals with the best divorce reputation. Michael Kamm if his office does that any more. He was doing criminal last time we talked.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Just as a general PSA, here is the LINKY to the Georgia State Bar's Search page.

If someone gives you the name of a lawyer, you can look up their contact info here.

Yes, I know you can Google it as well.

However, there are other functions of this page.  If you live in a small town, you can just put in the name of the city and get a list of all lawyers in that town.

Also, you can put in the name of a lawyer and see if they have a disciplinary history.  If so, you can read the Supreme Court opinion regarding that discipline.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck with all this
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I used megan wallin here in newnan. she was pretty good, got me a decent deal.

but we settled after our first mediation and didn't have much for custody battle.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Expect most judges to send you to mediation. Ask for more than you want and settle for what you want. I did my first divorce with no lawyer against my ex's lawyer and got what I wanted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top