Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2021 12:21:53 PM EDT
Since the DNR app came out I've thought that you needed EITHER the free harvest record that you print out OR you can report harvest through the app.
Planning on hunting Mon morning so I was going through the regs just to make sure I'm up on current rules and such.
The way the reg on harvest recording reads, it sounds like you need to record your harvest on the app AND the printed record before moving the animal.
Problem is I re-upped my license on 2/5/21 and the harvest record and migratory bird stamps expired on 2/28/21. I can't print the harvest record because it's expired.
Now I've completely confused myself. Do I need both the app (which I have) and the printed record or am I good with just the app?
Thanks much for any help fellas.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Since the DNR app came out I've thought that you needed EITHER the free harvest record that you print out OR you can report harvest through the app.
Planning on hunting Mon morning so I was going through the regs just to make sure I'm up on current rules and such.
The way the reg on harvest recording reads, it sounds like you need to record your harvest on the app AND the printed record before moving the animal.
Problem is I re-upped my license on 2/5/21 and the harvest record and migratory bird stamps expired on 2/28/21. I can't print the harvest record because it's expired.
Now I've completely confused myself. Do I need both the app (which I have) and the printed record or am I good with just the app?
Thanks much for any help fellas.
View Quote

The way I understand it, you still need to do both. Use the app for a harvest and write the confirmation number on your harvest record within 24hrs. You must also have a current season harvest record. Not sure why you can’t print a current harvest record if you just re-upped your license?
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#2]
@Knothead71
ETA: I see the issue, my harvest record was expired as well. Use the app, go to purchase license, search harvest record, purchase current record for zero dollars and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#3]
@Springer1911Fan
Where are you seeing a search function? The only thing the app will let me do is re-purchase a sportsmans license for $65.
ETA Got it. Thank you very much, sir that was it exactly. I appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Springer1911Fan
Where are you seeing a search function? The only thing the app will let me do is re-purchase a sportsmans license for $65.
ETA Got it. Thank you very much, sir that was it exactly. I appreciate the help.
View Quote

Glad you found it. The DNR app and website leave a lot to be desired. Good luck hunting.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Glad you found it. The DNR app and website leave a lot to be desired. Good luck hunting.
View Quote
Yeah, it's not easy to navigate and  this was worded such that in one place it read like you had to have it with you, in another place like you had 24 hrs to record the harvest. Had me confused as all get out. I sure appreciate your help. I got it printed out and ready to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top