Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2021 7:27:42 PM EDT
Looking at radar now. Fuuuuuuuck. Good luck fellas!

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's fine. Everything is fine

Good luck!
View Quote
Meh, I'm in NEGA...hardly ever bad weather here. Some heavy rain and thunder.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#3]
It was noisy out my way. Best wishes for our Newnan folks, that storm went just south of me. I could see non-stop lightning in that direction from my front porch before I went to bed but didn't know a tornado hit until this morning.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I feel for the folks in Newnan, been there, done that and once you survive a direct hit you're never the same again.  At least I wasn't. Fortunately I haven't heard of any fatalities there or even injuries which seems hard to believe looking at the video.

One of the requirements I had when we moved from Oklahoma was that our house here have a shelter or a basement.  It definitely adds a little bit of comfort during storms.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I had blitzortung open last night and Cartersville was getting HAMMERED with lightning.

Never seen it that dense before.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
it was a shit show... I live 3mi from the touchdown.... it was dead still then BOOM! for me nothing major
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm half a mile from the one that touched down at 12 and messed up the steel mill. Took out a ton of trees and put a fair amount of them on top of houses. We got lucky and avoided us.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm half a mile from the one that touched down at 12 and messed up the steel mill. Took out a ton of trees and put a fair amount of them on top of houses. We got lucky and avoided us.
View Quote

@Whood, what steel mill are you referring to? Gerdau in Cartersville?
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Came through fine other than a lot of rain....
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes that's the one
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes that's the one
View Quote

Well dang, I used to live right on the other side of the hill from it on Peeples Valley Rd, moved back in 2018 though, I would have hated to wait out a tornado in my old house. It was built on a slab, no basement and nowhere to go.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah there are multiple houses on grassdale that if it was a stronger storm and lifted homes they would have been sol. I do think being in the valley helps keep things off to eitherside of us. Atleast that's what I tell myself when the weather's bad haha.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Im in Newnan near Corinth Rd... down the block around 3 miles is Smoky Rd... we were delivering  fuel to the machines.. man this was sooo bad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top