Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2021 12:03:32 AM EDT
Ok, so the last few times I've checked the mail it's had hornets and 1970's B Movie numbers of ants IN the mail.  Like envelopes full of ants and today, this box.

Fortunately it was pretty cool outside when I checked the mail so most of them were very lethargic.  Also fortunately, I decided to open the box instead of just leaving it on the kitchen island as I had initially intended to do.  

Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Meh, when the box says “do not shake the bees” then start to worry.  If they were actually alive I’d think it’s related to the facility closest to your house, or they are getting in the package when it gets there. You could call, doubt it would change much.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh, when the box says “do not shake the bees” then start to worry.  If they were actually alive I’d think it’s related to the facility closest to your house, or they are getting in the package when it gets there. You could call, doubt it would change much.
View Quote

They were very much alive lol.

The only thing I can figure is that a giant and colony has built their complex around the mailbox post and they see the mailbox as their penthouse suite.  

Gonna try spraying the post with bug spray and see if that helps.  Of course, it may just be that ants have conquered us as a species and we should submit before more innocent mail is harmed.  One or the other.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Never saw anything like that before!

Get some Amdro ant killer and sprinkle it liberally around your mailbox. That stuff is the bomb on fire ants!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to guess they are argentine ants and regular bug spray won't kill them, you'll need something like terro liquid baits to kill the nest or spray something like fipronil.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
We have a similar problem. We leave ant traps in our mailbox year round. It definitely helps.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not sure why they find the mail so appealing.  There's never been any kind of food in there.  It's just weird.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#9]
It looks like all the ants had crawled up into that box that night because after killing them there hasn't been anymore.  Why they all went in the box I don't know but it may have been fortunate.  At least for now, they seem to be gone
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#10]
The odd little spider or baby roach every once and awhile is all I ever find. But I am okay with that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]
This happens to the breaker panel for my dock EVERY year and usually costs me at least one breaker.

I have started leaving ant killer in there.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome screen name!  I love that cartoon.  

Here's my Stimpy I scored while working at Blockbuster during it's heyday.  Still a little irritated I couldn't snag the Ren.  

Stimpson

And a gratuitous butt pic lol.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Awesome screen name!  I love that cartoon.  

Here's my Stimpy I scored while working at Blockbuster during it's heyday.  Still a little irritated I couldn't snag the Ren.  

Stimpson

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51071156118_f5fab9a332_c.jpg

And a gratuitous butt pic lol.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51071851931_19df9540b5_c.jpg

View Quote

I have a stimpy doll that farts when you squeeze him. STIIIIINYYYYY!!!

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#14]
LOL. He talks to farts man!  - Christmas special
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
LOL. He talks to farts man!  - Christmas special
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top