Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2021 11:20:05 PM EDT
Going to be moving to GA in June or so, and just dropped an offer for a home in Loganville. So, fair warning, I'll be living in your AO. Maybe after I'm settled, I can host a machine gun shoot or something. Will hopefully have my 07/02 located in my place. Eventually will have my 10/02.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:38:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome. I'm in Lawrenceville, but planning to move in the next 2ish years. My FIL passed in AZ back in Sept. The AZ crew were very helpful. Shoot me a PM if you need any help.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:28:38 AM EDT
[#2]
That's just east of me so an early "howdy neighbor" to you (assuming your offer is accepted of course).
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Early Welcome.. we just moved here in December to Snellville area so we'll be neighbors!
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#4]
There is something that you should know in regard to moving to GA from AZ.  We have a thing called humidity.

To prepare you for what you will experience, you should get fully dressed and then take a shower.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Offer got rejected in favor of another. I'll still be moving to GA.

And I know about humidity, I grew up there. Work just pulled me west back 13 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Going to be moving to GA in June or so, and just dropped an offer for a home in Loganville. So, fair warning, I'll be living in your AO. Maybe after I'm settled, I can host a machine gun shoot or something. Will hopefully have my 07/02 located in my place. Eventually will have my 10/02.
View Quote

Welcome back
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And I know about humidity, I grew up there. Work just pulled me west back 13 years ago.
View Quote

The housing market is crazy right now.  If you find the place you want you gotta bid boldly or you're probably going to get bested.  We found this out a few months ago.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Excellent.  I live in Loganville, 15 minutes south of the city, out in the county.  Hit me up if you want to and let's exchange phone numbers if you want to talk about locations.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 2:03:38 AM EDT
[#10]
No one has said it yet?

[drawl]WHAR'S LOGANVILLE? [/drawl]
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#11]
OP, Loganville isn't far enough out . . . you need to get with the guy looking to move to Habersham/White/Rabun

Quoted:
No one has said it yet?

View Quote

Man, I only hear that on the local WJBB station now
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bummer, that was a nice shack in a nice part of Loganville.
Hopefully it means an even cooler place will pop up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Best of luck on your search. It's definitely crazy out there. I'm in Loganville as well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I’m outside Loganville near the grove. New subdivision going in not far away, liberty homes or something. They are selling as fast as they put them up.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah it's been rough trying to snag a decent property for me. Still on the hunt and had my agent look over 3 properties today
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No one has said it yet?

View Quote

You know I thought about it, but didn't want to show my age.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OP, Loganville isn't far enough out . . . you need to get with the guy looking to move to Habersham/White/Rabun

Man, I only hear that on the local WJBB station now
View Quote

OP, I’d be looking far north if I were you (and can deal with the distance.) Growth in out of control right now and most are from Blue areas...
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Had an offer accepted yesterday afternoon in Grayson and am hopping a Delta bird at 0600 this morning. 5k over ask and still under $100 per sqft. I think I did ok.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Congrats and welcome to the area & state!
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No one has said it yet?

View Quote

Ha every time I hear of loganville I think of that commercial
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Welcome back. I moved from Lawrenceville to Bethlehem a year ago. New houses have contracts before the ground is broke.

They are doing a lot of new construction out this way if things don't work out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Got the inspection done and the only major issue was the radon results. We are having the sellers install an abatement system. But will be living in Grayson.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

When is your prospective move in date?
View Quote

Will be making the trek from Phoenix in early June once kids are out of school. Will have the movers show up the day after we plan on being there
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Whatever you do use an actual moving company and do not go through a moving company broker.  We made this mistake and they absolutely destroyed most of our stuff.  They basically hand you over to the cheapest bidder and wash their hands of you.  Brokers are scum!
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Whatever you do use an actual moving company and do not go through a moving company broker.  We made this mistake and they absolutely destroyed most of our stuff.  They basically hand you over to the cheapest bidder and wash their hands of you.  Brokers are scum!
View Quote

The new employer paid for relocation. They went with a national company, and the pack/loadout was done very well. And the supervisor was the truck driver that takes my homegoods to GA and has been doing it for 30 some odd years. Happy so far.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Just closed on my new place in Grayson. Really looking forward to moving. Have a great workshop space that I'll be converting into a vault and a gorgeous basement.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just closed on my new place in Grayson. Really looking forward to moving. Have a great workshop space that I'll be converting into a vault and a gorgeous basement.
View Quote

When do you arrive permanently?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

When do you arrive permanently?
View Quote

Right after Memorial Day tentatively
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:34:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Right after Memorial Day tentatively
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#36]
City limits or Gwinnett county?  Not sure what ordinances are there for city, I have my 07/02 located in house but had zero zoning issues.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
City limits or Gwinnett county?  Not sure what ordinances are there for city, I have my 07/02 located in house but had zero zoning issues.
View Quote

City limits of Grayson. The city has been more than accommodating in issuing me a business license forthwith. But they will only give me one once I'm there. So I'll be getting my license changed and business licensed hopefully immediately thereafter when I fly out to get my homegoods delivered before the big move.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

City limits of Grayson. The city has been more than accommodating in issuing me a business license forthwith. But they will only give me one once I'm there. So I'll be getting my license changed and business licensed hopefully immediately thereafter when I fly out to get my homegoods delivered before the big move.
View Quote

Good deal, welcome back.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:13:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Welcome. Grayson isn’t too far from me, it’s growing fast for sure.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Welcome. Grayson isn’t too far from me, it’s growing fast for sure.
View Quote

It’s slogan was “Gwinnett’s Best Kept Secret”. If that’s still their slogan they should change it because the secret is out.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The new employer paid for relocation. They went with a national company, and the pack/loadout was done very well. And the supervisor was the truck driver that takes my homegoods to GA and has been doing it for 30 some odd years. Happy so far.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as you went with a well known national moving company you'll be golden no doubt.  Our company talked a great game and the movers took very good care of everything they loaded.  Unfortunately, immediately after they left is where it went south.  They told us they would be in Georgia waiting for us to get there but instead we found out that the moving truck and it's people were just contracted by the big company and they offloaded all our stuff in warehouse in Dallas instead.  

It took days of calling them and listening to lie after lie about where our stuff was before they finally fessed up and told us it was in storage in frickin' Texas.  Then days later when we finally got them to actually deliver it, a good 90% of our stuff was moderately to heavily damaged.  According to the guys that delivered it to us, the crew that picked up from our house literally threw it out of their truck and into the storage area.  All of our previously excellent condition hardwood furniture was severely scratched, gouged and or broken.  Our safe which was immaculate showed up covered in massive scratches in the paint.  Several items were damaged beyond usability and some stuff never showed up at all including a $1K+ Herman Miller chair.  

We are still trying to get reimbursed for the damage and stolen items.  I don't care how great a game they talk, because they talk a great game, NEVER, EVER, EVER go through a broker.  We didn't find out this company was a broker and not a moving company until it was too late.  

Name brand companies like Mayflower and such may seem considerably more expensive in comparison but in the long run they will definitely save you money and huge hassle.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Mayflower is the line my stuff went through. It is scheduled to show up tomorrow. So we shall see how it turns up.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Had an offer accepted yesterday afternoon in Grayson and am hopping a Delta bird at 0600 this morning. 5k over ask and still under $100 per sqft. I think I did ok.
View Quote

Sounds like you did
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top