Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/4/2021 5:56:38 PM EDT
What: 22lr rifle and pistol competition, night vision allowed.
When: Saturday, February 20, 2021 2-8ishPM
Where: Angry Emu Range near Madison, GA

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

It’s time for another Redwolf Classic 2Gun challenge but with a twist for 2021, rimfire. @Redwolf started these a few years ago at @Emu range and have always been a great time. We will start the afternoon with a safety briefing, range overview, backstop and target check, 30min to verify zeros, run 3-5 stages per shooter and go until dusk when those with night vision will run a modified course and everyone else is welcome to stay and chat for a bit.

Course: Shoot and move - multiple targets 5-150yds for both rifle and pistol. Will be some changes from the past as far as carrying slung rifle and holstered handgun since it’s 22lr. Simple scoring of total time for each course with missed target penalties. Probably some exhibition shot to level the playing field between marksmanship and athleticism.

Equipment: Eye and Ear protection. Any legal 22lr rifle and pistol. If you don’t have both, or either, no worries I’ll bring a few that are ammo agnostic and I’m sure others would share as well.

Who: Any safe shooter, family and kid friendly.

Prizes: Bragging rights and a good time

Cost: Free, donations to the range are appreciated.

This will also be a “meet and greet” if you’d like to come out in the evening to spectate, chat, check out some night toys and enjoy a beverage (after guns are stowed and never near the firing line). Rain or shine we’ll be there. Two outhouses on site and running water. You may also shoot whatever else you’d like prior to starting if you need to function test or sight in a gun since you’re making the trip out. So come out and get your heart rate up a little while shooting with nice people.

Let know if what questions y’all have.
Check the sticky to see the range pics etc.

Camping space is available.

Run list:
On paper...
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to see these start back up. In!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I really need to build a .22 upper.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m in. Sounds fun.

Campfire.... great!

Maybe I’ll bring a tent this time.   The truck nap was sub optimal last time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m in. Sounds fun.

Campfire.... great!

Maybe I’ll bring a tent this time.   The truck nap was sub optimal last time.
View Quote

Forgot to mention camping space is available if you’d like to make it a night and stay. Campfire and grill could be fired up if there’s interest.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really need to build a .22 upper.
View Quote

#metoo
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Dang. I've been hoping these would pop back up, but got plans that weekend.

Keep these going and I'll make it next time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#8]
If I’m not in Blakely I’d like to go.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#9]
IN.  Need to swing back through to grab my shooting rest and chair anyway.....

This is the perfect excuse.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Take Advil, try to move joints.  They seem to work.  I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:12:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm tentatively in. I may come out ahead of time to shoot and help set up.

I'm just now able to walk normal again, don't know if I'll attempt a run.

Glad to see the crew getting back together.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I think the only 22s I have is a 10/22 clone and a mkII pistol.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm tentatively in. I may come out ahead of time to shoot and help set up.

I'm just now able to walk normal again, don't know if I'll attempt a run.

Glad to see the crew getting back together.
View Quote

Hope you can make it out, bring the fam if you can.

I didn’t do different classes since there are no prizes, but if there is interest we can do adult, <18, night, “stationary”, or whatever else.
Just want everyone to come out and have fun but also have to move around and manipulate under a little stress.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

As mentioned, just bring ammo and shoot someone’s gun. I’ll be bringing a handful and I’m sure others would share if asked nicely.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

If work allows me to attend, all I’ve got is a 10/22 and Mk IV 22/45 [shrug]. I’ll have to Mexican carry the 22/45
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#17]
That's pretty cool.  At least .22LR is feasible to shoot.  Hopefully we'll be able to make it.  I knew I should have gotten a holster for my .22 pistol.

I always thought my HK MP5SD-22 would make a fun competition choice.  Although with my gimped up spine it's more walk and gun than run and gun lol.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That's pretty cool.  At least .22LR is feasible to shoot.  Hopefully we'll be able to make it.  I knew I should have gotten a holster for my .22 pistol.
View Quote

Hope y’all can make it.

We will most likely do 3 gun style where you don’t carry the guns with you and just modify the course. Mostly because my main guns are a 22/45 suppressed and 10/22  and no holster
We might even stage multiple 22s on a course so you have to figure out new guns ???????
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Would I be wasting my time to come out to play with a lever action or a bolt gun, what kind of round count are we looking at, and will they be steel target or scored paper?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Would I be wasting my time to come out to play with a lever action or a bolt gun, what kind of round count are we looking at, and will they be steel target or scored paper?
View Quote

becoming more proficient with what you got is never a waste of time.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

becoming more proficient with what you got is never a waste of time.
View Quote

A concept with which i am familiar but i would like to narrow my choices down to whichever rifle or couple of rifles are going to suit the application the best.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Roughly how many rounds to complete the course of fire? Only .22 I could shoot is a Colt Woodsman so would I need more mags? Will call CMMG today and see if I can get stuff to build a .22, if I can make I'd want to shoot Night vision. May just come up to visit....left foot and right knee are limiting mobility at the moment

View Quote

Yay!
??

First I got to survive Cola Warrior NorthWest first.

I’ve got ammo, 10/22 Charger & rifle sooo I’m more IN than not.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Add me to the list. I'll bring my 22 upper and pistol, but would need one of the conversion kits for a night run on my regular rifle.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Glad to see Lonestar get these events started again. Thanks G. I've been contemplating getting them going again in the spring but with the ammo situation as it is I think this is a great opportunity for every one to get together.
I'll be there for sign in and any way I can help. I'll also bring a few fire arms and some extra ammo for any one to use.
I'll be a plus 2. Let's hope for good weather!
See y'all there.
Red
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Me and the sis or sis and I....whatever, we'll both be there.

We both have M&P15-22's that would be great but the both have variable scopes on them like 3-7 or similar which I think would be really difficult to use for something like this.  I've never done it before but seems like a poor choice.

She'll be using her Ruger 10/22 tactical with a Vortex Strikefire and I'll be using my HK/Walther MP5SD-22 with a Vortex Strikefire.  It's not nearly as lighweight but it's very accurate and looks cool.

More than willing to let anyone use them if needed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#27]
The range would be great for a .22 precision match....just saying.

Targets from 50-300yds with minimal walking between the stages.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I should be in with a +1, not sure if I can find a holster for my 2245 hunter between now and then but we shall see.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#29]
for those wondering how formal this is, its pretty informal. so bring what you have, some ammo, be prepared to do some running and some shooting. last match we were using a stopwatch to time, but I've got a shot timer I'll bring.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
for those wondering how formal this is, its pretty informal.
View Quote

We can’t stress this enough.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Sounds interesting....I might be in (plus family) for the day.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We both have M&P15-22's that would be great but the both have variable scopes on them like 3-7 or similar which I think would be really difficult to use for something like this.  I've never done it before but seems like a poor choice.

She'll be using her Ruger 10/22 tactical with a Vortex Strikefire and I'll be using my HK/Walther MP5SD-22 with a Vortex Strikefire.  It's not nearly as lighweight but it's very accurate and looks cool.

View Quote

A variable power scope is probably fine on its lowest setting. I switched to a scope for the previous 2 gun matches because a dot wasn't cutting it on the small steel targets.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A variable power scope is probably fine on its lowest setting. I switched to a scope for the previous 2 gun matches because a dot wasn't cutting it on the small steel targets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good to know.  We'll bring the M&P's too.  I love my HK but they built them to match the actual 9mm version which makes it too heavy for me to shoot much with a bad back.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'd still like an idea on rounds per stage..i hve plenty of 25 round for my 10/22, but trying to decide if i need to round up more mags for my Woodsman...
View Quote

I’m thinking of trying to do 5 stages and 20 total rounds per stage. Will be mix of rifle and pistol so 10rounders would be fine if you don’t miss. For a total of 100rnds of 22lr complete all stages without misses.

Will also do a few stages with “staged” guns, 3 gun style where you run to the firearm, load and shoot. That way we don’t have to deal with holsters and slings for oddball 22s.

We will definitely make use of the the large silhouette at 200. e.g. run to pistol barricade and get 2 hits on 5 targets at 20yd, run 50yds to rifle position and get 2 hits on 5 targets from out to 150yd.

I’d also like to through in some quick close ones if anyone has cardboard IDPA targets. Everything else will be steel targets.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's good to know.  We'll bring the M&P's too.  I love my HK but they built them to match the actual 9mm version which makes it too heavy for me to shoot much with a bad back.  

View Quote

The variable power scopes will be just fine as well as RDS and open sights, eyesight dependent. I use a RDS for our centerfire matches and never had an issue, 200yd is easy.  

I will also be using my walther/HK MP5SD 22, never malfunctions even with bulk ammo.

As mentioned before it’s informal and you can switch guns between stages if desired. No issue using a bolt gun for a stage and then AR conversion for another.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:38:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I’d also like to through in some quick close ones if anyone has cardboard IDPA targets. Everything else will be steel targets.
View Quote

No IDPA targets, but I've some some NRA reduced size silhouette paper targets I'll bring to hand up.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You could always mosey instead.
View Quote

They don't allow enough medication for me to run anymore so I'll just mosey too lol.  I got no shot at winning so no worries there.  Maybe someday we can have an old and/or gimped up category
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The variable power scopes will be just fine as well as RDS and open sights, eyesight dependent. I use a RDS for our centerfire matches and never had an issue, 200yd is easy.  

I will also be using my walther/HK MP5SD 22, never malfunctions even with bulk ammo.

As mentioned before it’s informal and you can switch guns between stages if desired. No issue using a bolt gun for a stage and then AR conversion for another.
View Quote

You're the only other one I've known who chose the SD model.  I love mine but I still kick myself for not getting the fixed stock too.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You're the only other one I've known who chose the SD model.  I love mine but I still kick myself for not getting the fixed stock too.
View Quote

One of my favorite 22s. Sometimes wish I got the non SD since this one isn’t easy to put a real can on it. @brandi

Attachment Attached File

Side note for the course. There will be some short stages with close fast targets and then some where you can decide to run close to the targets or go prone and snipe them if you don’t want to or chat run, jlarge might whoop us here...
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#43]
I think I'll try to make it.  If I do, I'll have my minion in tow though.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

One of my favorite 22s. Sometimes wish I got the non SD since this one isn’t easy to put a real can on it. @brandi

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/298831/3151E381-F472-4C15-BC4E-5149B26C7410_jpe-1819641.JPG

Side note for the course. There will be some short stages with close fast targets and then some where you can decide to run close to the targets or go prone and snipe them if you don’t want to or chat run, jlarge might whoop us here...
View Quote

That's nice.  I really like the look of the fixed stock and it's sling point. The SD would be awesome if you could actually internally suppress it. Although I imagine it's possible with enough money.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That's nice.  I really like the look of the fixed stock and it's sling point. The SD would be awesome if you could actually internally suppress it. Although I imagine it's possible with enough money.  

https://live.staticflickr.com/4301/36109926672_809f1ee25c_c.jpg
View Quote

Gemtech offered one at one time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#46]
If someone had enough money to do the whole job it would turn these into one of the coolest .22's out there in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#47]
I'll be out at the range early this Saturday, 10ish, if anyone wants to come out for some open shooting before Lonestar gets things going.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm short on 22lr, so if anyone has some to spare, I'd be happy to buy like 100rds at current market price.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I'll be there plus 1 or 2
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top