Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2021 8:59:06 PM EDT
I am not suggesting the utilization of these for nefarious purposes.... But with all the insanity as of late, and the prospect of what may be following.....I'm just saying.  

While I know amazon is on most everyone's shit list......the link provided is just a suggestion of the type of bag that folks might want to consider.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A7MACL2/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_nw4aGbPG92BD6

As those of us begin to get more active as it pertains to getting together, a bag like this will prevent devices from tracking location and linking them like what happened as described in the thread below:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/How-was-this-done-Massive-antifa-data-dump-/124-2390529/
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
...or you could just leave your phone at home. Then there aren't a bunch of phones dropping off the net in close proximity.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...or you could just leave your phone at home. Then there aren't a bunch of phones dropping off the net in close proximity.
View Quote

No one said to do it in close proximity to the meetups.... Shortly after being en route, or prior to departure would suffice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:45:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Aluminum foil works too
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Aluminum foil works too
View Quote

Do you wrap your phone in it or make a hat out of it?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aluminum foil works too

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am not suggesting the utilization of these for nefarious purposes.... But with all the insanity as of late, and the prospect of what may be following.....I'm just saying.  

While I know amazon is on most everyone's shit list......the link provided is just a suggestion of the type of bag that folks might want to consider.

As those of us begin to get more active as it pertains to getting together, a bag like this will prevent devices from tracking location and linking them like what happened as described in the thread below:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/How-was-this-done-Massive-antifa-data-dump-/124-2390529/
View Quote

I think for general meetups for lunch or a beer, it's less of an issue, but I can understand the precautions.  It's not just big bro either.  Where I work, you can't take your phone or any device that receives signals into the building.  Most people have apps that already compromise their data and location and they're running all the time.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#7]
If you own a cell phone or a vehicle built after 2015 there is no OPSEC.

Start walking and using smoke signals.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hence the phrase..... "to the extent possible".....Why make it easy for anyone?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aluminum foil works too

Yes.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cell phones can be left behind.
As for the vehicles...if one were concerned about it, they could disconnect the GPS antenna...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Anyone carrying their phone on them while doing hoodrat shit kinda deserves to feel the wrath of modern technology.

ETA this is why burner phones exist
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Devildog, the honey pot was successful because the antifa actors had their phones set to connect to any open wifi service it detects. So the honey pot crew drove around with an open wifi and logged everything. If that one setting was off they would have been fine.

The feds are doing the same thing with the stingray devices which take it to the next level by impersonating a cellular tower and intercepting cellular data.

Turn you phone off before putting it in the bag or it will run the battery down searching for a signal.

Secure reliable comms are on everyone's mind right now. There's no magic bullet. Secure comms are complex to set up. Using a provider may simplify the setup but then you never know what the provider is doing on the back end, if there's a back door, or if you've been infiltrated.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:41:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Covered by 45 years....
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aluminum foil works too
View Quote

View Quote

Get both.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The feds are doing the same thing with the stingray devices which take it to the next level by impersonating a cellular tower and intercepting cellular data.

Turn you phone off before putting it in the bag or it will run the battery down searching for a signal.

Secure reliable comms are on everyone's mind right now. There's no magic bullet. Secure comms are complex to set up.
View Quote

Agreed 100%....which is why I recommended the most basic of steps.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top