Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2021 5:46:51 PM EDT
Kind of a sensitive situation, but i don't have anyone else to help. I'm going through some serious mental health issues. Doc is trying some different meds, but things are not going well. Firearms are at a close friends house. I may check into a mental health facility if things don't improve soon. Here is what I would need. A place for my 2 dogs if I do go.

Both are spayed/neutered. Good with kids. Make frequent trips to the dog park so dog friendly. Cats unknown.

I'm in Woodstock.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't help with the dogs, but if you need a ride or someone to talk to, let me know. I'll shoot you my info through a PM.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
The VA has a help line too.

VA Help info

Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
   Chat online
   Text 838255
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Your avatar look like my kitty Bella

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The VA has a help line too.

VA Help info

Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
   Chat online
   Text 838255
View Quote

Yeah. I have that. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Best of luck brother. We are here for you! Can't help with the dogs, but will put out some feelers as well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
The fact that you recognized that you need help and are seeking it is huge.  Good on you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Isn't the Arfcom dog rescue guy not far from Georgia? Trying to think of his handle. Is it Joker1?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, it's joker1. He's in kentucky. How far away is kentucky?

ETA here's a recent thread of his.

ETA2 I sent him an IM with a link to this thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Semper-Fi-Dog-Rescue-A-dog-needs-a-ride-Kentucky-to-Austin-Tx-/5-2405785/&r=89991943&dlnk=1#i89991943
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Yup he's in KY. I helped him transport a GSD from KY to NC 2 weeks ago. He's chock full of dogs at the moment though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yup he's in KY. I helped him transport a GSD from KY to NC 2 weeks ago. He's chock full of dogs at the moment though.
View Quote

I heard.

Here's a place in Macon that appears to be good.

https://www.allaboutanimalsmaconrescue.org/?page_id=14
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, it's joker1. He's in kentucky. How far away is kentucky?

ETA here's a recent thread of his.

ETA2 I sent him an IM with a link to this thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Semper-Fi-Dog-Rescue-A-dog-needs-a-ride-Kentucky-to-Austin-Tx-/5-2405785/&r=89991943&dlnk=1#i89991943
View Quote

I'm not looking for long term anyways. Just a few days if I do need to seek that help. Now way do I want to give up my dogs. Thanks though
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for clearing that up. There a couple places around here where pets can be dropped off and cared for on a temporary basis. I have no idea what the daily fee is. There could be something in your area.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks for clearing that up. There a couple places around here where pets can be dropped off and cared for on a temporary basis. I have no idea what the daily fee is. There could be something in your area.
View Quote

Yeah. I thought of that. I need to get them to the vet to have vaccines updated first. Bubba is due for his vaccine and MJ is a rescue so I have no records on her. Was planning on that once I find a job again.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like you've made goals, and have a handle on what you need to do in meeting them. Keep working every day to check the boxes. You're doing good.

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#16]
If you just need a few days, can you just use a local vet who also boards dogs? They can give them the shots they need, and then take care of them for you.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you just need a few days, can you just use a local vet who also boards dogs? They can give them the shots they need, and then take care of them for you.
View Quote

See what this option would cost. I’m sure we could chip in to cover costs. Unfortunately neither of my dags are dag friendly (I have to keep them separated in the house or shit pops off between them).
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

See what this option would cost. I’m sure we could chip in to cover costs. Unfortunately neither of my dags are dag friendly (I have to keep them separated in the house or shit pops off between them).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typically they have individual cages/enclosures for the dogs. We had 3 smallish dogs who got along very well, so we just had them put them all in one large enclosure/cage, and they were happy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Typically they have individual cages/enclosures for the dogs. We had 3 smallish dogs who got along very well, so we just had them put them all in one large enclosure/cage, and they were happy.
View Quote

I was saying that I would take OP’s dags short term but my dags won’t allow it, they can’t even get along with each other let alone stranger dags. When I board mine it’s a PITA because I can’t even have them in the car together. Rereading it maybe my original comment wasn’t very clear.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was saying that I would take OP’s dags short term but my dags won’t allow it, they can’t even get along with each other let alone stranger dags. When I board mine it’s a PITA because I can’t even have them in the car together. Rereading it maybe my original comment wasn’t very clear.
View Quote

What are you doing to make your dogs hate each other, feed them all out of the same bowl?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#21]
What kind of dogs? Pics?
For how long?
What kind of work are you looking for?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can help with costs as well if you find a place that can give them a temporary home.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Kind of a sensitive situation, but i don't have anyone else to help. I'm going through some serious mental health issues. Doc is trying some different meds, but things are not going well. Firearms are at a close friends house. I may check into a mental health facility if things don't improve soon. Here is what I would need. A place for my 2 dogs if I do go.

Both are spayed/neutered. Good with kids. Make frequent trips to the dog park so dog friendly. Cats unknown.

I'm in Woodstock.
View Quote

Do you have time to exercise and get cardio? a good diet and exercise is a must, try interval training it is great for people who don't have a lot of time and will get you in really good shape.

Have they checked your testosterone levels? it made a world of difference for me (always tired and lethargic) if that is off your whole body will pay the price.

With so much going on in our country right now its easy to get sucked into it and only see the negative, try to separate yourself from social media if you are on it and just turn the TV off for a while.

Try to find a good doctrinally sound Church and get involved, they should be doing outreach and missions that's a really good way to take the focus off your problems and start building a relationship with God.

you can dig your way out of that hole, it will take time and may require medication for a while but you are doing the right thing seeking out help.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What are you doing to make your dogs hate each other, feed them all out of the same bowl?
View Quote

One I got from the shelter after I had my previous dog put down. Had her (Sugar) for about a month and then a situation came up with a rescue and I took her (Marley) out of fear that if I didn't take her, I didn't know what would happen to her. She was ~11 months old and in pretty bad shape. She had some scars on her face and you could count her vertebrae and ribs. She was in pretty bad shape and looked abused, possibly used as a bait dog. Took her to the vet and found out she had a pretty bad worm infestation. She's always been pretty timid and Sugar is pretty dominant. They were both fine for close to a year, and then suddenly Sugar flipped her shit on Marley. She latched onto Marley's neck to the point I had to use a horseshoe stake to pry her off. They are both crate trained and eat in their own crates. Neither is food aggressive. Sugar is super jealous and protective of me and that coupled with the fact that she can sense that Marley is timid/submissive just sets her off. They are both great with people but are animal aggressive. I'm attached to both of them so I just make it work with a maze of baby gates around the house to keep them separated.

I've had both DNA tested through Embark. Sugar is 75% APBT, 25% American Staffordshire terrier. Marley is 100% American Bully. Both are females and both breeds tend to be same-sex aggressive.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm not going to offer advice on the mental health aspect, not anywhere near qualified.

I also can't take the pups as I already have some and they aren't too fond of other dogs.

I can provide a few bucks for things like getting their vaccines updated and put towards boarding.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What kind of dogs? Pics?
For how long?
What kind of work are you looking for?
View Quote

I'm just looking for someone for a few days if needed. I'm a electrical Estimator. I don't need right now, but someone I can call on if needed

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#28]
I can chip in for boarding costs as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top