Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a lot of fun.

Hopefully I can make the next one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
got called into work and had to leave early. had an awesome time.

@emu thanks for opening your property to us all!

@redwolf51 thanks to you and your wife for setting up and feeding us.

@grey50beast thanks for showing a few of us the takedown and inside of a -14.

@lowdown3 thanks for bringing awesome stuff for us to check out.

learned quite a bit. was worth the ammo.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Enjoyed the company, food, equipment demonstrations, and watching everybody have fun.
Next time I might have something to shoot in darkness.

I will watch the hometown forum for upcoming emu events.

Thanks to all!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a blast, but my wallet hates you all
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had a blast, but my wallet hates you all [/qu]

especially now that you know that nv is worth it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Was fun !  I enjoyed watching y'all use the NV gear!  I SO want one of those white phosphorus NV monacles and a thermal scope!  Dang it!  Compared to my limited experience with NV years that white one blew my mind.

Thanks to the Emu and Redwolf and wife for everything!  It was great to meet several of you!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I SO want one of those white phosphorus NV monacles and a thermal scope!  
View Quote

Yeah, WP is on the short list after checking it out!

We had a great time. Emu, Lowdown and all, thanks for putting it on!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow... That was awesome. There were a few times where everyone was painting targets at the same time and it looked like a war zone.

No NODs... Dark with muzzle flashes.
NODs... Looked like a scene from Afghanistan.

Good meeting you @lowdown3. I look forward to seeing you again in your AO.

Thanks @emu for hosting! I'd love to do a class at that location. Think about it.... Equestrian situational awareness > pretend situational awareness.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:09:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Great time! great people! great place!
Had ablast thanks for accepting  new comers and making us feel like old friends.
Ill definitely be back. And active here as well.
Thanks redwolf and emu i know a lot of work goes into this.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:59:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Had a great time today. Thanks to everyone who came out and shared their cool stuff. A special thanks to Emu and JRH!

My wallet might be getting a little lighter soon.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you Emu for hosting.  I had a great time as always and hopefully this can become a regular event.

Thank you lowdown for bring out all that you did and taking the time to explain so much to a newb.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry I didn't make it out there.  Was beat after work and just couldn't motivate myself to get loaded up and out there.  Glad y'all had fun
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Such an amazing time!! Thanks, Emu for hosting! Great people, great food.

I got a few pics through the NOD's and Thermals. I'll have to post them up. Y'all are a class act.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My wallet might be getting a little lighter soon.
View Quote

Mine too man! That dovetailed thermal tho...

What a great group of people. Truly honored to have met and become such close friends with many of you.

Big thanks to redwolf, emu and JRH for making this event happen and thank you all for making this a safe and welcoming environment.

I'll be out there, y'all say when.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sorry I didn't make it out there.  Was beat after work and just couldn't motivate myself to get loaded up and out there.  Glad y'all had fun
View Quote

Excuses are like buttholes! Everybody's got one.

Here's mine, but I still made it out, just ended up a few hours late. Sore AF today.

Attachment Attached File

Wish we could have knocked one back! See you at SE.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Came of the NV, stayed for the boiled peanuts.

It was the wife's 1st time getting to see the world through NV.  She was impressed enough to sign off on adding them to the budget, with the only condition being that she gets a set of her own.

Thanks to everyone for putting this together.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Excuses are like buttholes! Everybody's got one.

Here's mine, but I still made it out, just ended up a few hours late. Sore AF today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/227817/14943_jpeg-1794626.JPG

Wish we could have knocked one back! See you at SE.
View Quote

How the hell did you manage that?!  Jeeesh. Glad you're not deaded.  I won't be at SE.  No vacation time til 2022.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Had a great time.  Many thanks to emu, redwolf and JRH.   Looking forward to the spring shoot!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#19]
That was a lot of fun!  Thanks for putting this on.  I’m looking forward to the next one!  My wallet hates all of you.   Lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#20]
As everyone else has said, thanks emu for letting us come out and play, and thanks redwolf and mrs redwolf for the feed.

Someone did manage to leave behind a very nice shooting rest with sandbag on one of the shooting benches, im sorry im terrible with names but it was the gentleman who had the wagon and who had recently moved from new york. We let emu know it was there but figured you would want it back so i guess you’ll just have to go back to the range.

JRH, hopefully it was a worthwhile event for yall and hopefully there is enough demand for another some time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
As everyone else has said, thanks emu for letting us come out and play, and thanks redwolf and mrs redwolf for the feed.

Someone did manage to leave behind a very nice shooting rest with sandbag on one of the shooting benches, im sorry im terrible with names but it was the gentleman who had the wagon and who had recently moved from new york. We let emu know it was there but figured you would want it back so i guess you'll just have to go back to the range.

JRH, hopefully it was a worthwhile event for yall and hopefully there is enough demand for another some time.
View Quote
maybe its @0627Devildog s?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Can everyone sound off with the Illuminators/Designators/other notables they were running? I saw some high powered light sabers down range but with it being dark, I couldn't get a good look at specifics while people were actively shooting.

Before last night, I though the only really high output stuff was the PEQ-15, LA-5, LA-5 HP, LA-5 UHP, MAWL, DBAL D2, NGAL and Perst 3+. In talking with a few of you, I realized that this is not the case.

My (weak sauce) setup:

APTIAL-C
WMX200
X300V
Princeton-Tech Switch MPLS
Nitecore NU05 MI IR beacon
FandyFire 940nm 18650 Amazon
Make The One 850nm 18650 Amazon
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There was a Luna ELIR3 down there that was being used hand held, it definitely falls under the "light sabre" category :)
View Quote

Yeah, that was us down on the LH end trying out your ELIR3 unit. Gotta get one of those from you when they come in soon. We were also running a couple of the OTAL-C we bought from you. Good combo!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Next year, how about we get everyone on the line.  Lightsabers on and down range.  Picture from the dam through NV?  

The full power toys are fun to see!

It was already dark when I got there.  I didn’t get to talk to many of you.  So many delays.    At least I made it!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Had a lot of fun finally shooting under my own nods, seeing a lot of dudes setups, and general debauchery. My friend really enjoyed the time and the group of people. Y’all definitely have a gem of a range that I wish I could frequent way, way more often.

I was running a FP Peq-15, I think I heard someone had an LA-5, wish I would’ve checked it out!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There was a Luna ELIR3 down there that was being used hand held, it definitely falls under the "light sabre" category :)
View Quote

Yeah... That's one of them. I watched Nitewalker's video on it this evening. Didn't know there was an adapter for it that allowed you to use Surefire tail caps. I'll be picking one of those up.

There was another as well. The dude shooting 2nd table from the right. He was using a Death Star Super Laser.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:Someone did manage to leave behind a very nice shooting rest with sandbag on one of the shooting benches,
View Quote

Thanks!  ..... Totally left my Lyman lift and bag behind (as well as my green folding chair up by the fire)

Guess I'll just have to make the journey out again soon to pick it up.

For a moment, I even thought the Peltors @lowdown3 found was mine too (thankfully it wasn't)

@EMU - My apologies good sir, It was not my intention to litter at such a fine establishment..... Will drop a line when I can swing back out that way to get it out of your way.

As everyone has already indicated above what a fantastic time with great people.  Many thanks to everyone who contributed.

Well worth the ammunition expenditure (at least at pre-crunch prices.....not sure you lot rate current prices yet )

I am even MORE excited for my BNVD's to come in after some time with the JRH units.

Learned a bunch about my current NV setup and what I will do to tweak it to be more effective.

@PFran42 - To answer one your questions above I was using a FP PEQ-15
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Had a great time, thanks to all who hosted/organized/helped.

iPhone vs gen 3

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Attachment Attached File

Video doesn't show much action, but it's what I got.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah, that was us down on the LH end trying out your ELIR3 unit. Gotta get one of those from you when they come in soon. We were also running a couple of the OTAL-C we bought from you. Good combo!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

was down there on the left too, that thing was pretty powerful (after a fresh battery)
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#33]
I had a FP A2 and civ I2.

I left my dueling tree there. I usually drag it up there anyways so figured why not leave it for everyone else to shoot too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#34]
I had a fp peq 15 and fp peq 2 3rd from right.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I had a FP A2 and civ I2.

I left my dueling tree there. I usually drag it up there anyways so figured why not leave it for everyone else to shoot too.
View Quote

Now I know who to send my 9mm ammo bill to...... had a blast on that dang tree.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
was down there on the left too, that thing was pretty powerful (after a fresh battery)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah once we got a new battery in it and figured out the controls on it I was pretty impressed as well.  I will be adding one to my hunting rig.  I gotta say that COTI was pretty damn cool too.  Just wish I could afford one lol.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I always have a good time at Emu’s place. This time was great.

Thanks to host, Redwolf & wife for feeding us.

Thanks to “I can flip my Japanese Jeep” and still make the party, GreyBeast for letting me slam his blemed out nods and still have fun ripping on the 50yard steel. And clearing your rifle with a big ass wrench.?? Whiskey is on you next time.

Thanks to the education and show and tell from JRH. One of these days. Sooner rather than later.

I missed out on looking through the Sinox or however it’s spelled setup. I wanted to see it for myself under the moonlight we had compare it to the others. ??

If my dag, Ellie the blue healer was a problem let me know how she was a problem and I’ll correct that. I learned during a 2Gun match she wants to bite a gun, while being shot and steel as it’s being hit...so no off leash while shooting. Maybe Rosie can teach her how to be indifferent around gunfire.

Until next time. ??
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Couple of quick follow ups from discussions had around the fire:

Someone was looking for an optics ready VP9...These are in stock right now and the cheapest they have been in a LONG WHILE:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/hk-vp9-9mm-17rd-optics-ready-pistol-black-81000483.html?avad=190366_e1f990c45&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=el

The (2) documentaries I recommended that were discussed are:

The Creepy Line (available on PRIME video)
The Social Dilemma (Netflix)

I recommend viewing them in that order.

As far as a movement to begin to take local action I have been looking into: www.lookaheadamerica.org
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Like to say "Thanks" to @emu and his son for hosting a fabulous event. My first ever looking through NV gear and the night shoot itself.
Plus thanks to David and wife for the great food. The campfire chat afterwards with lots of cool folk was icing on the cake.
Looking forward to the Spring shoot. Might bring the tent next time...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#40]
This had to have been one of the bigger events at emu's place
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Like to say "Thanks" to @emu and his son for hosting a fabulous event. My first ever looking through NV gear and the night shoot itself.
Plus thanks to David and wife for the great food. The campfire chat afterwards with lots of cool folk was icing on the cake.
Looking forward to the Spring shoot. Might bring the tent next time...
View Quote

Spring shoot...

early evening.

newbs... "I wonder why all those guys are hanging out down by the orange fence... don't they know it will be dark soon?"

us.  exactly!  lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#42]

The selfie pic came out great! It only took two of us
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Maybe around 8pm or so, someone left a nice set of Peltor ear pro on our table. We discovered them later packing up, asked around and then left them with Emu.

Thanks everyone for coming. What an awesome group of folks!!!

Got home around 1am and definitely worth the drive to hang out with all of y'all.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92237/IMG_4394-1795007.jpg

Didn't have time to grab a lot of pics but here was a nice one with the sun going down.

Talking with Emu on the way out we will definitely have to make this an annual GA HTF event!
View Quote

Ear pro is mine (Emu has them for me). I was so blown away by the stash I forgot them on the table! Thanks for putting in the effort, mind blown!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Couple of quick follow ups from discussions had around the fire:

Someone was looking for an optics ready VP9...These are in stock right now and the cheapest they have been in a LONG WHILE:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/hk-vp9-9mm-17rd-optics-ready-pistol-black-81000483.html?avad=190366_e1f990c45&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=el

The (2) documentaries I recommended that were discussed are:

The Creepy Line (available on PRIME video)
The Social Dilemma (Netflix)

I recommend viewing them in that order.

As far as a movement to begin to take local action I have been looking into: www.lookaheadamerica.org
View Quote

OOS

I think I’m just gonna send mine to jagerwerks, just have to pick up those XS sights and an RMR first.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Reviving this thread to see if anyone happens to know where the Lyman Shooting Rest / Lift I left behind may have been set aside.....

Was out yesterday for the .22 shoot (which was a BLAST btw) and Steve had no idea where it was.

I did manage to grab the chair I also left behind, but was unable to locate the shooting rest.

Any leads on where it might have wound up would be greatly appreciated.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top