BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 11:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Emu:

I'd be more than happy to have you and your family out to the range when you head this way. Funny thing, I'm headed to Peachtree City in the morning to have Thanksgiving with my sister and my mother tomorrow. That's not all that far from Newnan. It'll take me an hour and a half to get there, but I drive like a Grandma.  You ought to be able to get to the Angry Emu in the same amount of time. Looking forward to hearing from you!
View Quote
Sure thing. Got an offer in on a house as we speak. Maybe I’ll camp and shoot after the home inspection, if they accept the offer.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry all, I've been really busy with work and family on the weekends. I'll be out at the range soon for maintenance and target repair. I'm sure they are pretty well shot up along with the stands. We will be back up in full swing come about February. Have some new events in mind as well as the 2 gun competition again this year.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:33:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Went out today with junior.  A good time was had by all.  Love the new steel target by the creek.  Note to self bring spray paint next time.

Thanks again Angry Emu and Redwolf51
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Visited today with a couple of friends, we had a great time and the range was fantastic. Would definitely recommend visiting if you are in the area!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By chadjetlag:
Went out today with junior.  A good time was had by all.  Love the new steel target by the creek.  Note to self bring spray paint next time.

Thanks again Angry Emu and Redwolf51
View Quote
Originally Posted By Silverww:
Visited today with a couple of friends, we had a great time and the range was fantastic. Would definitely recommend visiting if you are in the area!
View Quote
Thanks for the kind words guys!

It always does my heart good to see folks come out and enjoy the range. It's too durn nice of a facility for it to be so underutilized!!!

If anyone needs a place to shoot just IM me for my info.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 2:39:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gt3stuntman] [#6]
Emu,

I've been keeping tabs on this for a while but haven't replied. I just wanted to say the range looks great! And it's not super far from me now that I've moved a couple times. 😂 Been wanting to get back into shooting in a big way but haven't had the time with being Mr. Mom to 3 kids during the week while my wife teaches, and me working Saturday-Sunday. The wife has taken note of my lack of free time and is going to arrange for me to have "days off" where I can do whatever. Whenever those happen, I definitely want to come check out your range with my brother (maybe my dad).

Sean
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#7]
IM me to get my contact info, give me a call, then text before coming out. We're always looking for new shooters to come out to the range! Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Took a couple buddies out today. One had never shot his AR at steel. We had a great time. If it were only closer...
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there any cell phone provider that gets coverage out at the range? I know Sprint and TMobile aren't great and I think I remember hearing AT&T isn't either. Maybe Verizon?
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MisterTwo:
Is there any cell phone provider that gets coverage out at the range? I know Sprint and TMobile aren't great and I think I remember hearing AT&T isn't either. Maybe Verizon?
View Quote
Yep, Verizon is pretty much it, and that ain't sayin' much. I have head of folks hitting AT&T towers out here, but you can't count on it. Even Verizon can be hit or miss. Either on top of the dam, or better yet, out at the road, is where you are most likely to catch a signal. However, if the cellular gods are conspired against you, you are basically screwed no matter what you do!!!

Welcome to the boonies!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Emu.  I'm stuck being on call for work every other week at this point which makes it hard to get out there if I don't have any cell reception.  I may have to try out Verizon the next time I'm out there to see if that will work for me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#12]
thinking that this place qualifies for social distancing... will have to come check it out soon.

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:30:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By inspectorpacket:
thinking that this place qualifies for social distancing... will have to come check it out soon.

View Quote

I've had a steady trickle of folks out here, might have a few tomorrow. As far as I'm concerned, come on out. I don't think we'd ever get more than 2 groups of 2-3 out here at the same time.

NEW RULE: Whilst the CoronaCrisis is underway, NO SHARING OF SHOOTIN' IRONS!!!!  
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#14]
@chadjetlag told me about this awesome range.

@Emu, I was wondering if I could stop by and check zero on a couple of my SHTF rifles. With the way things are headed in Fulton Co., I don’t want to be second guessing my go-to home defense ARs.

In the event I am invited, is there anything I could bring to assist with consumables, supplies, upkeep, etc.? (Spray paint, staple guns, staples, office clips, 2x4s, etc.)

Thanks for your consideration.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 9:42:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Emu] [#15]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
@chadjetlag told me about this awesome range.

@Emu, I was wondering if I could stop by and check zero on a couple of my SHTF rifles. With the way things are headed in Fulton Co., I don’t want to be second guessing my go-to home defense ARs.

In the event I am invited, is there anything I could bring to assist with consumables, supplies, upkeep, etc.? (Spray paint, staple guns, staples, office clips, 2x4s, etc.)

Thanks for your consideration.
View Quote

@PFran42 You are more than welcome to come on out. IM me for details and contact info. For that matter, there have been several small groups of folks at the range of late. I can't think of a better reason to come out than check out the go-to shootin' irons that you might possibly have a use for, as things continue to trend toward some sort of minor or possibly even major disaster.

You might also consider coming out for a RedWolf 2-gun challenge, once we get past all this virus stuff. It's a great way to test your go-to goodies in a more real world environment.

As for supplies for the range, mostly we are in need of something to hang steel targets with, ie: firehose, or conveyor belting, or some other tough, shootable, easily worked with, something....?!? Though sometimes @RedWolf51 needs building supplies for various and sundry projects out there. There's also a donation box at the gate if you are inclined to throw a few $$$ our way. To be used for maintenance and/or improvements.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Sent an IM
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By stainlineho:
Sent an IM
View Quote

Got an IM.

I enjoyed talking with you today, and look forward to your visiting the range ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Emu:

Got an IM. 

I enjoyed talking with you today, and look forward to your visiting the range ASAP. 
View Quote

Likewise man.  I'm really looking forward to it and very grateful.  Talk to you later!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Wow, what a great place to shoot and train.  I was able to do quite a bit of pistol drills out there by myself.  Emu thanks so much and I'll be back soon!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By stainlineho:
Wow, what a great place to shoot and train.  I was able to do quite a bit of pistol drills out there by myself.  Emu thanks so much and I'll be back soon!
View Quote

I'm really glad you came out and enjoyed yourself! The GA HTF has put together a pretty durn nice facility out here, and it does my heart good to see folks coming out and utilizing it!!! Come back any time you have the opportunity!
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By stainlineho:
Wow, what a great place to shoot and train.  I was able to do quite a bit of pistol drills out there by myself.  Emu thanks so much and I'll be back soon!
View Quote

It’s a great place to do some practical training. When we get the 2-gun matches going again you should come out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#22]
@Emu

I just ventured into the HTF.  What an incredible offer!  I'll try to get out sometime soon and I'll obviously contact you beforehand.  I saw where you can always use consumables for hanging targets.  I know I have some old 1.75" fire hose that is collecting dust in tbe attic.

Anyways...great offer!
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Y'all are awesome for making this available for folks. When ammo prices go back to normal I'd love to come out.

Also if anyone's up there doing any maintenance work and needs an extra pair of hands, shoot me a DM on here, as long as it's a weekend I'm probably down to help.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#24]

As for supplies for the range, mostly we are in need of something to hang steel targets with...
View Quote

I have an old truck bed liner that I cut strips from. Cheap, more durable than chain, and helps limit twisting.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Hi guys!

Thanks for all the interest in the range! Arfcom members are always welcome. It's available 7 days/week, just let me know in advance. Materials to hang targets with is a never ending need, so if you have something we could use, and you'd like to leave it at the range when you visit, we'd be VERY grateful!!!  

Hope to see ya'll out here soon! It's GREAT shooting weather!!!! AND, if anyone is interested in HOSTING a Shoot out here just let me know!!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Hi guys!

Thanks for all the interest in the range! Arfcom members are always welcome. It's available 7 days/week, just let me know in advance. Materials to hang targets with is a never ending need, so if you have something we could use, and you'd like to leave it at the range when you visit, we'd be VERY grateful!!!  

Hope to see ya'll out here soon! It's GREAT shooting weather!!!! AND, if anyone is interested in HOSTING a Shoot out here just let me know!!!!
View Quote

Hi, @Emu! Sent you an IM earlier this week. I would love to make use of your range one day next week. I’m mounting up a new scope and need to zero. I’d LOVE to be able to confirm zero at 200 and not rely on StrelokPro and the 100yd offset. 😁 Just let me know how to contact you to set it up AND how long you’d like the target hanging strips cut. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JackOAT:

Hi, @Emu! Sent you an IM earlier this week. I would love to make use of your range one day next week. I’m mounting up a new scope and need to zero. I’d LOVE to be able to confirm zero at 200 and not rely on StrelokPro and the 100yd offset. 😁 Just let me know how to contact you to set it up AND how long you’d like the target hanging strips cut. Thanks!
View Quote

@JackOAT

IM sent
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#28]
BIG thanks to @emu, @redwolf51 and all the other members who have contributed to building and maintaining the Angry Emu. I had a very successful trip today getting accurate 200yrd zeros on two hunting rifles and accurate chrony numbers to play with in StrelokPro (200fps slower than the box lists). Looking forward to getting my two oldest out and behind triggers so that they can be the ones taking the shots from the deer stand in the near future. The generous opportunity offered here will make that MUCH easier! Please have Emu contact me if there is any specific need that I may be able to help with.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JackOAT:
BIG thanks to @emu, @redwolf51 and all the other members who have contributed to building and maintaining the Angry Emu. I had a very successful trip today getting accurate 200yrd zeros on two hunting rifles and accurate chrony numbers to play with in StrelokPro (200fps slower than the box lists). Looking forward to getting my two oldest out and behind triggers so that they can be the ones taking the shots from the deer stand in the near future. The generous opportunity offered here will make that MUCH easier! Please have Emu contact me if there is any specific need that I may be able to help with.
View Quote

Thanks for the kind words, JackOAT. I'm glad you enjoyed your time at the range and I really appreciate your offer to help out in the future! But more than anything, I'm thrilled that you plan to bring your kids out to the range to teach them how to shoot!!! It does my heart good to see shooting skills passed from one generation to the next. The Angry Emu Range is a great place for that, as generally you'll have the range to yourself, so there are no distractions and no worries about other shooters. Looking forward to seeing you out here again soon, and hopefully you can arrange a day, or several, for the family to come out with you!
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 4:06:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: b3dustoff55] [#30]
Thanks for letting us use your range, Emu! How fun, it was nice meeting your son too. The ladies couldn't make it this time, but after showing them some pictures, I think they'll want to go next time around. I'm going to make some new targeting hanging stands with some 2x4s and will drop them off next time I stop by.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 5:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Emu] [#31]
Originally Posted By b3dustoff55:
Thanks for letting us use your range, Emu! How fun, it was nice meeting your son too. The ladies couldn't make it this time, but after showing them some pictures, I think they'll want to go next time around. I'm going to make some new targeting hanging stands with some 2x4s and will drop them off next time I stop by.
View Quote

I'm glad y'all were able to make it out!!! Bear in mind though, as far as I'm concerned, it's not MY range, it's just as much yours as it is mine! I just happen to own the dirt under it.
Emu jr. showed up about the time y'all started shooting, and it's hard to keep him from down there when he hears bang-bang. Kinda like the old fire dept horse when the fire bell rings.

Any new apparatuses (apperati?) are always welcome out there! Thanks in advance for bringing the stands and helping to make the range a nicer place for everyone!

Hope y'all can make it back soonest, AND bring the gals next time. It always does my heart good when the outings are family oriented!!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#32]

I'm glad y'all were able to make it out!!! Bear in mind though, as far as I'm concerned, it's not MY range, it's just as much yours as it is mine! I just happen to own the dirt under it.
Emu jr. showed up about the time y'all started shooting, and it's hard to keep him from down there when he hears bang-bang. Kinda like the old fire dept horse when the fire bell rings.

Any new apparatuses (apperati?) are always welcome out there! Thanks in advance for bringing the stands and helping to make the range a nicer place for everyone!

Hope y'all can make it back soonest, AND bring the gals next time. It always does my heart good when the outings are family oriented!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By b3dustoff55:

I was with b3dustoff55 over the Halloween weekend at your range, Emu. Damn good time and thank you for letting us on your property. We will be back! And maybe I'll get a chance to stock that pond
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Sandman14:

I was with b3dustoff55 over the Halloween weekend at your range, Emu. Damn good time and thank you for letting us on your property. We will be back! And maybe I'll get a chance to stock that pond
View Quote

I'd be thrilled to have someone throw some fish in there!!! For years I had a goodly number of fish in there, then I rented a trailer house to some folks who turned out to be methheads. Not only did they stay up all night drinking beer and throwing the bottles in the woods, they caught every damn fish I had in the pond. I guess free food meant more $$$ for beer and meth.....

Glad you came out and had a good time! And if you know of any fish looking for a good home, you know where one is!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Had a great time at Emu's today in the freezing weather.  Actually wasn't that bad with 4 layers on, thermal underwear and a little movement!

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#35]
@Emu, just a follow up. I have your contact info for when I head out.  I may be able to come out Monday morning.  I really just want to find it and check out the range.  

You said it's 7-days a week, are there any time restrictions?  I'm an early morning shooter; don't want to wake anybody up too early

Also, I would like to make a donation.  Once I get eyes on, I may be able to offer some help as well or supplies as well.  Do you have a fund-site setup or I could just snail-mail a check...whatever is easiest, but I would like to add to the Angry Emu Range Fund!

There are a few HTF members in the Augusta area.  Hoping to coordinate a meet up and make sure they know where the GA-HTF range is...

v/r
Dave

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ROCK6:
@Emu, just a follow up. I have your contact info for when I head out.  I may be able to come out Monday morning.  I really just want to find it and check out the range.  

You said it's 7-days a week, are there any time restrictions?  I'm an early morning shooter; don't want to wake anybody up too early

Also, I would like to make a donation.  Once I get eyes on, I may be able to offer some help as well or supplies as well.  Do you have a fund-site setup or I could just snail-mail a check...whatever is easiest, but I would like to add to the Angry Emu Range Fund!

There are a few HTF members in the Augusta area.  Hoping to coordinate a meet up and make sure they know where the GA-HTF range is...

v/r
Dave

View Quote

Coming out Monday morning will be just fine. Don't worry about the time. I'm good with whenever you want to start. There is a stainless steel box hung on a tree at the gate in the electric fence for donations. You can drop it in there and know that we'll appreciate whatever you leave us!!! I personally think that "area" shoots at the range are an excellent way to get to know your neighboring HTF members. With all the talk of getting to know the folks in people's area of operation, I'd be thrilled to hear of many more get-togethers like this out at the range!

As I try to remind everyone:

Be sure to close the gate in the electric fence.
Look for the horse (Rosie) in the woods behind the backstops before you start.
And do your best to collect your brass when you're done.
Not to mention, have a good time!
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#37]
We had a blast at Angry Emu's 2 weekends back. I brought 2 first time shooters and it couldn't have been a better place. They were comfortable and started ringing steel in no time!

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:10:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ST_FAN] [#39]
A few weeks ago I was given permission to come out with my friends family on a Saturday afternoon in late March. Everyone had a great time and we were very appreciative to have the benefit of using such a nice range with many reactive steel targets.

Our wives and daughters are asking if we can go again, so hopefully we can schedule another range trip soon.

Thank you for giving so much to the Georgia HTC and we look forward to the next time we’re able to visit!
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I just wanted to reiterate that the closest range is for pistol caliber rounds only. We noticed at the last 2 gun that one of the pistol hangers was pretty chewed up. Please be cognizant of what you're shooting and what you're shooting with.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd really like to make it out one of these times. I'm in Aiken SC so it's not too far of a stretch, just gotta organize my personal life so I have the time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Assuming it's all good with Emu, I'm headed that way this weekend to sight in a friend's rifle and maybe my wanna-be MOA rifle.  If anyone feels like joining (again, assuming permission), I'll be there Saturday mid-morning, and possibly Sunday afternoon.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#44]
IM sent. Come on out!  
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#45]
IM sent. Come on out!  
View Quote
I tried sending an IM, but your inbox is full.
Is the range still available for use?

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Just an FYI, I'm rounding up several from work (ARCYBER) for a trip out 05 AUG, Saturday morning (planning about 0600-1200). It will be mostly tame shooting, but I'll be pimping ARFCOM and encouraging donations. Good people, gun enthusiasts, but not at the ARFCOM level ...we may get a few memebers out of this event.

I expect about a dozen of us and will text you @EMU Friday afternoon as a reminder.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Just moved to Oconee after retirement from the Marines. Pretty excited to see such a great HTF here!

You guys seem to have a pretty great set-up. Would love to check out the next 2 gun. I'll IM Emu if his box isn't full.

Look forward to this place!
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Made it out to the range for the first time this weekend. My daughter and I had a great time. Plenty of targets and well built benches. She shot nine hole the VTAC barricade for the first time and fell in love, that made dad so happy. Great place, hope to meet some of you out there eventually. Thanks to everyone that's made that place happen.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top