Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2016 7:32:42 PM EDT
She has been through hell.  Alcoholism, several visits to rehab, is currently outpatient rehab, and relapsed on booze last night.  Today we were texting and she was typing all sorts of stuff that didn't make much sense.  Then she says she took a bunch of ambien, then said oh it was only 4.  I have tried to contact her several times now and don't know what to do.  I do know she is staying with her mom, and I could contact her mom thru facebook, but I am unsure of what to do.  If she really only took 4, she will probably be ok and she will probably be pissed at me if I notify her mom.  If she took more than that, she may die.  This is a messed up situation man.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure posting about it here will help her.

Contact her Mom or authorities for a welfare check if you think she's in danger.

ETA:  I don't know much about ambien.  Can you OD on ambien?  
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, thats a tough one. Follow your gut.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Where is she located ? If she took 4 Ambien she will have a long sleep ahead
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Contact her Mom or authorities for a welfare check if you think she's in danger.

View Quote

The struggle I have is how to proceed.  I don't know the address, so Im down to calling her mom.  I think that is the best. I'll just ask if I can speak with her.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Where is she located ? If she took 4 Ambien she will have a long sleep ahead
View Quote
Alpharetta.  I know some people will take several and stay awake.  It can make you really chill.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Was about to call her mom, then she finally texted me back saying she was ok.  I need to get her address STAT
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely.

OD can cause seizures that can be difficult to manage.

Some of the biggest risk factors for suicide are previous attempt, and threat.

I wouldn't hesitate to call 911 and give them her address.  She needs help.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#8]
If you know her moms name, and her mom owns the house, you can likely find her address by searching the GIS data for whatever county she lives in.  It would be on the counties website, more specifically the tax assessors site.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If you know her moms name, and her mom owns the house, you can likely find her address by searching the GIS data for whatever county she lives in.  It would be on the counties website, more specifically the tax assessors site.

View Quote
You know, you're right.  I am going to do that now.  Thanks MedicOC.  This site is a blessing.  I was freaking out and didn't even think of that, even though I know I can do the GIS search.  

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Call the local LE, explain the situation. They can follow up. Yes you can od on Ambien. Its a non benzo sedative but binds to the same receptors as benzos. Luckily it has a short half life, but is mainly excreated by the kidneys so it can cause kidney damage. The drug really has no legitimate purpous other than to make a shit ton of money fir the drug companies.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I guess I'm going to be the oddball here. It's sounds to me like attention-seeking behavior. Personally, I wouldn't get wrapped up in it. I'd contact the mom at a minimum or call 911 and let them handle it. Who cares if she gets mad? I've got too much other stuff to deal with to mess with that BS too.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds vaguely familiar to a past experience of mine
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I guess I'm going to be the oddball here. It's sounds to me like attention-seeking behavior. Personally, I wouldn't get wrapped up in it. I'd contact the mom at a minimum or call 911 and let them handle it. Who cares if she gets mad? I've got too much other stuff to deal with to mess with that BS too.
View Quote

She wants him back in her drunken/drugged life,and he's going to oblige her.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, NO. I'm not going to do that.  She has some serious issues.  I've been texting her just checking on her for the last few months.  Didn't text her one day and she went off, cursing, "f you mfer, you suck, you're a POS".  That was just the beginning.  So there is NO way possible that I will ever be in a relationship like that with her.  I am separated and single now, and l aim to stay that way.  I don't need relationships that last longer than a few hours.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Uh, NO. I'm not going to do that.  She has some serious issues.  I've been texting her just checking on her for the last few months.  Didn't text her one day and she went off, cursing, "f you mfer, you suck, you're a POS".  That was just the beginning.  So there is NO way possible that I will ever be in a relationship like that with her.  I am separated and single now, and l aim to stay that way.  I don't need relationships that last longer than a few hours.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"A few hours", eh?  lol
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Allow me to stand corrected.You HAVE obliged her by reinserting yourself into her life.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I would agree. You ARE in a relationship with her, whether you think so or not. And if it keeps up, this behavior will continue, too. I would do your part to make sure she's not harming herself, then cut ties. Like, block her number kind of cut ties.

If you keep it up, you will ruin future relationships. And we won't have an ounce of sympathy, because we all warned you. Most of us have either been through this exact thing, or had friends who have. Many of us have run the 911 calls on these sorts of drama fests.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would agree. You ARE in a relationship with her, whether you think so or not. And if it keeps up, this behavior will continue, too. I would do your part to make sure she's not harming herself, then cut ties. Like, block her number kind of cut ties.

If you keep it up, you will ruin future relationships. And we won't have an ounce of sympathy, because we all warned you. Most of us have either been through this exact thing, or had friends who have. Many of us have run the 911 calls on these sorts of drama fests.
View Quote

^ nailed it
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Was about to call her mom, then she finally texted me back saying she was ok.  I need to get her address STAT
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You need to change your number STAT.

Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup. She was testing you, and you fell for it.

Bail out, cut ties, change/block numbers, etc.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep....Bear in mind that just because she is a former GF doesn't mean you are responsible for her.....You are responsible for you, let her take control (or not) of her own life or you WILL be drug into her drama.....repeatedly.....
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:09:27 AM EDT
[#22]
[Deleted]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top