Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/22/2016 6:10:28 PM EDT
Fulton County Sheriff's Facebook page

I don't recall buying my guns from them in the first place so I don't know how it's a "buyback" but I'm getting my old BB gun out of storage for my $100!

roy d...anyone want to join me?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I don't recall buying my guns from them in the first place so I don't know how it's a "buyback" but I'm getting my old BB gun out of storage for my $100!

View Quote
Let's go buy them first in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
A wad full of cash in my pocket? In Fulton County?

roy d...sure, why not? Cops will be everywhere!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be epic.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That would be epic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be epic.
It's been done before. The news even interviewed the buyers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a Raven .25 that's been sitting in my closet for years waiting for something like this.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Parallel $200 buyback for the collectibles!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've got a Raven .25 that's been sitting in my closet for years waiting for something like this.
View Quote

How much do you think they'll actually offer for stuff like this?

I wonder how they check to see if they are operable? Stick a pencil down the barrel and pull the trigger and look for the bounce?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#8]
They also called out "unused ammo".  

Curious and curiouser.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They also called out "unused ammo".  

Curious and curiouser.
View Quote

I wonder how much I can get for a handful of .38's?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm always up for buying cheap guns!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was thinking the same thing about my jennings 22
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Iv got a POS .22 revolver made of pot metal that iv been holding onto for just the occasion.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's a chance for the pawn shop owners to make some money.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Ah, another chance for Atlanta's overlords to support their constituents, by letting them legally get rid of their booty no questions asked.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Do the guns gotta be operational? Does a stripped lower count? Remember the guy that is making cast plastic lowers for like $1 each? Hmm....
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:04:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I wonder if stripped lowers will be bought...

Also, I have a $50 .22 that I can get rid of

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Sheriff Ted Jackson agrees, “Gun Buy Back programs are effective deterrents to violence in our communities. Public safety depends upon gun owners being responsible with firearms. Proper disposal of weapons is a big part of that. This initiative will provide a safe way to discard unwanted weapons and members of the community can do their part to protect their neighbors from harm.”
View Quote

Sheriff Ted sounds like a major-league twit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Last time I sold a $2 revolver that did not work and only turned sometimes . I watched a pair of nice Smiths go into the pile and tried to buy them , The women wanted them gone into the police hands
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#19]
i bought about 6 guns at the one in college park a few years ago. got there too late and couldn't stay long or else i would have bought more. got a couple really good deals. apparently someone bought a full auto uzi from a gang banger too. i personally did not witness that, but that was the rumor flying around. dont know if its true or not. id show up early with a wad of cash and offer "free appraisals" for anyone wanting to turn one in. advise them that they can get more potentially if their gun is worth it... then offer them 20 bucks more than the cops and no line waiting.

i bought an m1 carbine, 5 mags loaded with ammo for 150 bucks at that last one
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
i bought about 6 guns at the one in college park a few years ago. got there too late and couldn't stay long or else i would have bought more. got a couple really good deals. apparently someone bought a full auto uzi from a gang banger too. i personally did not witness that, but that was the rumor flying around. dont know if its true or not. id show up early with a wad of cash and offer "free appraisals" for anyone wanting to turn one in. advise them that they can get more potentially if their gun is worth it... then offer them 20 bucks more than the cops and no line waiting.

i bought an m1 carbine, 5 mags loaded with ammo for 150 bucks at that last one
View Quote

damn
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm going to go to this one with about $500 cash and see what I can get a good deal on.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Holding it on a Thursday? Aren't they afraid of poor turnout because most people can't miss work?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Holding it on a Thursday? Aren't they afraid of poor turnout because most people can't miss work?
View Quote

Ouch, and you're probably on to something. Trying to keep away ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do the guns gotta be operational? Does a stripped lower count? Remember the guy that is making cast plastic lowers for like $1 each? Hmm....
View Quote

We can make a killing!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:24:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did find some bargains in College Park a few years back; they'd hate to see us get happy again.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#26]
It is June I have to keep this fresh
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 5:03:39 AM EDT
[#27]
It says June 9th but does anyone see a location yet?
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stop it!  I don't need more competition when I am trying to buy me a couple Glock Foyta's for $100 each!
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Stop it!  I don't need more competition when I am trying to buy me a couple Glock Foyta's for $100 each!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's "Fotey".  Glock Fotey.  C'mon, man - you ain't gonna strike no deals if you can't even name the gat.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I could not find any updates , Are we buying guns  ?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I just called them,it is on for 6-18,the location isn't determined yet,but she claimed they'd announce it on their facebook page.Marc,if I can get someone to work for me,I'll meet you and set up a buy table.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I just called them,it is on for 6-18,the location isn't determined yet,but she claimed they'd announce it on their facebook page.Marc,if I can get someone to work for me,I'll meet you and set up a buy table.
View Quote

Okay !
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Will you guys please take a gopro and video tape it?
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Crap, I'm outta town on the 18th. Guess I can't get that Colt Python for $100

roy d...anyone want some old BB guns to take for a trade in, we can split it
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Post the location when it comes out, and the times. I'll probably bring $400-500 cash with me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I can be there with cash.

Who is doing the table?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Now moved back from what I can tell to July 19
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Depending on the date, I can be there with a few piles of cash.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 12:30:05 AM EDT
[#39]
I know I have at least one rusted up single shot shotgun I can bring... all the better to help finance whatever else i might find waiting in line. :-)
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I thought I missed it.....July 19th...I have a metric fuck ton of 45 barrel drops......if we can design a simple single shot and have the panels and parts laser cut...... we can probably build 50 for 10 to 15 bucks each....

BUILD PARTY!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

I am in
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Now moved back from what I can tell to July 19
View Quote

Woo hoo!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 12:15:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Up to my ass in alligators...but I will start doing a little design work in the evening....we really need an inexpensive pistol for these......
View Quote

This is true
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#45]
fuck, i am SOOOOOOO in if its on sunday. here is to hoping some good shit turns up
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Up to my ass in alligators...but I will start doing a little design work in the evening....we really need an inexpensive pistol for these......
View Quote

This is awesome!

Why has someone never thought about building a dirt cheap $25-50 gun to turn in at these things?? You sir are a genius!
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
fuck, i am SOOOOOOO in if its on sunday. here is to hoping some good shit turns up
View Quote

We ought to set up an arfcom table with 10x10 pavilion cover right up from the popo table.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

We ought to set up an arfcom table with 10x10 pavilion cover right up from the popo table.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'd shut that shit down quicker than a kid running a lemonade stand without a business permit and a health inspection!

roy d...tell it to the judge, they'd say
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They'd shut that shit down quicker than a kid running a lemonade stand without a business permit and a health inspection!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What part of it is illegal?
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a business license so we are covered there... But its all men for themselves. Calling dibs is tough unless you switch up who gets a shot at what.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top