Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2016 3:32:43 PM EDT
Campus Carry bill is up now. http://www.house.ga.gov/mediaServices/en-US/VideoBroadcasts.aspx to watch.

I am giving away 3 free new in wrapper Pmags, simply post that you called your House and Senate Reps and I will randomly pick three people to receive a new pmag.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Georgia Senate District 25
Burt Jones
327-A Coverdell Legislative Office Building
Atlanta, GA 30334
Ph: (404) 656-0082

Georgia House District 112
Dave Belton
401-B Coverdell Legislative Office Building
Atlanta, GA 30334
Ph: (404) 656-0152

Made a phone call to each of the above.

Fingers crossed for a favorable vote!!!!

ETA: I have a daughter currently at UGA, this is relevant to my/her interests, so I gave it my very best pitch!  
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Find Your Legislator

I texted Ed and called Lindsey Tippins. Ed has not responded, Senator Tippins will support the bill when they get it..

EDIT, knowing Ed's history, I'm just going to assume that he's in favor of it.

I even called the rep for the district I'm moving too and she's busy (obviously). However she is listed as a sponsor so we can safely assume she is in favor.

Casey Cagle is guy who we need to be calling.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
And we passed the House!
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And we passed the House!
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And we passed the House!
View Quote

That was the easy step.   The next two steps are very hard (senate and governor), potentially impossible hard.  

We and the Second Amendment have no greater friend than Speaker Ralston and Chairman Powell.    They delivered again.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That was the easy step.   The next two steps are very hard (senate and governor), potentially impossible hard.  

We and the Second Amendment have no greater friend than Speaker Ralston and Chairman Powell.    They delivered again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And we passed the House!

This.  Call your senators.  They, and the governor, seem to be on the fence about this one.  In the past, Gov Deal signed 2 gun related bills in a specific order so that campus carry would be overridden by the latter bill.  We'll need to push hard if we want this.

No pmags needed here OP, I'm solid.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.  Call your senators.  They, and the governor, seem to be on the fence about this one.  In the past, Gov Deal signed 2 gun related bills in a specific order so that campus carry would be overridden by the latter bill. We'll need to push hard if we want this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And we passed the House!

This.  Call your senators.  They, and the governor, seem to be on the fence about this one.  In the past, Gov Deal signed 2 gun related bills in a specific order so that campus carry would be overridden by the latter bill. We'll need to push hard if we want this.

It's my understanding that he signed them in the correct order, but they discovered it and recorded them in the reverse order so they could claim it was overwritten. Then Cagle sent out a memo warning LE that campus carry was not legal.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Non-form email to Senator Michael Williams, District 27 --Done and will follow up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted: It's my understanding that he signed them in the correct order, but they discovered it and recorded them in the reverse order so they could claim it was overwritten. Then Cagle sent out a memo warning LE that campus carry was not legal.
View All Quotes
Quoted: It's my understanding that he signed them in the correct order, but they discovered it and recorded them in the reverse order so they could claim it was overwritten. Then Cagle sent out a memo warning LE that campus carry was not legal.

That is accurate with one adjustment.   Attorney General Olen's office wrote the FAQ/memo.   You can read it here

Here is the important part:

“House Bill 60 was signed by the Governor after House Bill 826 and is the later enactment, so the provisions of House Bill 60 control. Therefore, there is a general prohibition against carrying weapons in a school safety zone (which includes the real property or buildings of public or private elementary schools, secondary schools, technical schools, vocational schools, colleges or universities); however, a person who possesses a weapons carry license may have a weapon when carrying or picking up a student and may have a weapon in a vehicle that is in transit or parked within a school safety zone.”

Interesting side note.   The person who wrote this was Nels Peterson.  A couple of months after this was released, he went to work for the Board of Regents.    Then, this year Gov. Deal appointed him as a Judge on the Court of Appeals.   I'm sure it all was just a wonderful coincidence and not a political payoff for doing the Governor's bidding.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I contact my political hacks  the other day .
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#12]
February 24, 2016

Dear GCO Member,

As you know, HB859  was read and assigned to the Senate Judiciary Committee.  The Senate has been the roadblock for the passage of Campus Carry for the last 5 bills that have passed the House and the task of getting a good Campus Carry bill out of the Senate will be a tough one this year as well. We have provided an easy manner for you to contact your elected officials, thanks to Erick Erickson.

This information is from Erick Erickson - Click on this link to contact your Senator, The Lt. Governor and all the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee.  Please do so now.  The emails have already been composed and you can change them if you wish.  Feel free to share this link with any and all of your friends.
View Quote

Please click the above link and email the Senate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top