Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2015 8:47:15 PM EDT
I have agreed on a price for a  patterdale puppy in Czech Republic but the shipping cost the seller quoted me seemed a little suspect. I'm afraid he may have underestimated the cost and I want to make this as drama free as possible.

What should it cost to ship a 6-8 lb puppy from the Czech Republic to Atlanta International Airport..??

Is there some type of online calculator like you use to estimate UPS shipments..???

Thanks..!!!!

td
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea about the cost, but it would be the quarantine that would concern me.

I've never imported a dog, but I'm thinking there is something like a 30 day quarantine when you bring one into the country. Not a huge deal if its an adult, but that's a lot of bonding/training time you miss out on while the dog is locked in a cage staring thru the bars at customs (or wherever it is they keep them), especially if you are talking about a young pup!
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Never heard of them but reading they sound like pit bulls with a Napoleon complex.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you not have a dog pound near you?  There are plenty of great dogs there too......
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I always though there was a quarantine required to bring dogs in the US from abroad but that's not the case when importing from certain countries including the Czech Republic as long as the have proper vaccinations.

I have a 11 mo patterdale male and he's a fireball on game but a loveable little bastard around the house.

This squirrel was a little to far from the nearest tree when "Beastie"  spotted him.

td

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:28:41 AM EDT
[#5]
So, there isn't a single ATL to PRG direct flight I can find... or vice versa for that matter. Which means two flights at a minimum. Your shipping cost is going to be pretty damn high regardless of the carrier. You might be cheaper finding someone who is a pilot friend or works for an airline who can fly out there for free (jumpseat) or cheap and just pick the dog up and fly back. That is of course if you know someone in aviation. Airlines are funny about flying with animals international though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, there isn't a single ATL to PRG direct flight I can find... or vice versa for that matter. Which means two flights at a minimum. Your shipping cost is going to be pretty damn high regardless of the carrier. You might be cheaper finding someone who is a pilot friend or works for an airline who can fly out there for free (jumpseat) or cheap and just pick the dog up and fly back. That is of course if you know someone in aviation. Airlines are funny about flying with animals international though.
View Quote

I wish I had a "pilot friend" but I'm not quite so lucky.

td
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

td
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

td

If you can get the pup to Munich you can get direct flights.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Call a customs brokerage firm. Atlanta Customs Brokers was a client of mine back in the day.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a neighbor at PCS'ed and had a dog and cat transported to Germany. He paid $2,3xx.xx to have the two pets transported. He said he had some quotes from $2,500-$3,500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top