Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Where was this?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah but you probably spent $1000 in groceries for that
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Every time I make a big ticket purchase, or go out to eat, I got by Kroger and by a gift certificate first. Last 5 fill ups I got $1 off. Been paying $1.89/gal for diesel.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope!

4x fuel points at christmas for gift cards. And as cmshoot said we too buy gift cards to go out to eat. Just makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#6]
very nice
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Every time I make a big ticket purchase, or go out to eat, I go by Kroger and buy a gift certificate first. Last 5 fill ups I got $1 off. Been paying $1.89/gal for diesel.
View Quote

I buy everything I can with Kroger Gift cards and I purchase them with my Cabela's Black Visa card so I get points to spend at Cabela's also. Going to Outback, stop by Kroger first to get an Outback Gift card. Going to Lowe's for yard bags and deck material, stop by Kroger on the way and get a gift card. Need a Christmas gift for the Housekeeper, Employees, or Relatives then buy them gift cards at Kroger when they are running 4 times fuel points. Yes it takes a small amount of planning, but for a dollar off per gallon its worth it.

By the way, its 4 times fuel points this week on gift cards.

And oh yeah, bought gas yesterday for 70 cents a gallon before driving back from Hilton Head Island, SC!  I keep two 6 gallon gas cans with me so I can get every gallon allowed at the One Dollar off since the tank on empty only holds 29 gallons. It was the first time I filled the Expedition up from empty up for less then 20 Dollars (clicked off at $19.97) in so long I can't remember when that last was! My total gas bill was only $24.49 including the 6 extra gallons I bought (35 gallons total)
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Every time I make a big ticket purchase, or go out to eat, I got by Kroger and by a gift certificate first. Last 5 fill ups I got $1 off. Been paying $1.89/gal for diesel.
View Quote

Yep!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Pretty smart thinking fellows. I'll have to try that strategy, especially for diesel - that's cheaper than I can buy off road fuel for my tractor.

I've been happy paying less than $2 bucks/gallon this week but another buck off would be even sweeter. My gas budget has a surplus now, was paying over $600 per month not very long ago, should be considerably less than $400 this month.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm swinging by Kroger his afternoon. Do you have to spend a certain amount on the gift card to get $1 off? (NM- looked it up on Kroger site)

I filled up my FJ80 a week ago at $1.89. The pump stopped at $38. I thought I was overdrawn or something. It took a minute to register with me that I'd pumped over 18 gallons.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
" />
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#12]
The purchase limit is 35 gallons for the regular points that I use. Do you get unlimited gallons with the point system that you are using?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#13]
How much would you save overall if you she cooked at home?

Well hell, if Crazy Cora called me by my proper name I'd have to have the kitchen remodeled
every da-da-damn 90 days or so... expensive to say the least.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nope!

4x fuel points at christmas for gift cards. And as cmshoot said we too buy gift cards to go out to eat. Just makes sense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope!

I did the same thing this past Christmas. $1 off per gallon is the limit per points usage.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:26:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The purchase limit is 35 gallons for the regular points that I use. Do you get unlimited gallons with the point system that you are using?
View Quote

You get points, you use points, they are good for two months so if you do not use them you lose them. It is a running balance system otherwise,but having said that, points are only earned monthly during the calendar month and can only be redeemed in groups of 100 so if you earn 99 in a month you get Nada! So let us say in January you buy two $100 gift cards during a bonus 4 times earned. You now have 800 points to use anytime in the next two months before you lose them. But you also bought $179 in groceries in January so your total is 979 points but that is only 900 gasoline points (must have 1000 points to get a $1 off but you still would get 90 cents off one purchase of gasoline or let us say 30 cents off three purchases. See where this is going, if you are not filling up on empty only take the regular 3 cents off and save the points because points are redeemed per fill-up not by the gallon although there is a 35 gallon maximum per discounted fill-up whether you use a 10 cent a gallon discount or up to the Dollar off. Which is why I carry the two 6 gallon gas cans so I get my full 35 gallons when I use the Dollar off!

Back to the points, so end of January you have 979 points and February starts, you start earning from Zero in February (still have the 900) so you lost the 79 because you didn't go back and buy $21 worth of food before January 31. So its inportant to check your total on you most recent receipt or online on the 25th of each month. Say its February 25 and you have 550 points for the month but don't need groceries, buy a $25 McDonald's card at double points and now you are at 600 with no wasted points. If you were at 595, go in a a Sunday paper and a 2 liter bottle of Coke so you don't loss the 95 points. The 600 points for February must be used during Feb and Mar along with all any points left over from January before the end of February (Jan points get used first automatically). Also if you didn't use any of the January points in January, after your first 100 points of February you now have 1000 for a Dollar off gasoline if you choose to use it. Again I only you the Dollar if I can fill up near empty or I can going to lose them if I don't use them. Load the Gas Buddy App on your phone to A) check gas prices and B) find the nearest Kroger to your route. Gas is 15 to 25 cents higher out by I-75 in Macon, but you can hit the Kroger off 475 or at the main Macon exit and save some bucks. Gas Buddy also helps with whether to use points or not. I had to go to Blue Ridge where gas is $1.77 or I could fill up at the local Kroger where its $1.97 and burn 300 points to match the 30 cents difference or save the points and take a Dollar off using 1000 the following day when I visit my son on HHI. I bought the cheap gas in the mountains and took the buck off a full 35 gallons on Hilton Head.

So make wise choices, buy during 4 times points when you can, watch your Kroger points on line not to loss points, don't use points for discounts just to top off IE save them for almost empty fill-ups, don't forget to use earned points within two months. Happy shopping, happy eating, happy saving, buy more ammo with the saving and take more courses!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:53:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I personally stay away from Kroger fuel, my mustang is really sluggish on it and I get shit fuel economy as well when I use it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You get points, you use points, they are good for two months so if you do not use them you lose them. It is a running balance system otherwise,but having said that, points are only earned monthly during the calendar month and can only be redeemed in groups of 100 so if you earn 99 in a month you get Nada! So let us say in January you buy two $100 gift cards during a bonus 4 times earned. You now have 800 points to use anytime in the next two months before you lose them. But you also bought $179 in groceries in January so your total is 979 points but that is only 900 gasoline points (must have 1000 points to get a $1 off but you still would get 90 cents off one purchase of gasoline or let us say 30 cents off three purchases. See where this is going, if you are not filling up on empty only take the regular 3 cents off and save the points because points are redeemed per fill-up not by the gallon although there is a 35 gallon maximum per discounted fill-up whether you use a 10 cent a gallon discount or up to the Dollar off. Which is why I carry the two 6 gallon gas cans so I get my full 35 gallons when I use the Dollar off!

Back to the points, so end of January you have 979 points and February starts, you start earning from Zero in February (still have the 900) so you lost the 79 because you didn't go back and buy $21 worth of food before January 31. So its inportant to check your total on you most recent receipt or online on the 25th of each month. Say its February 25 and you have 550 points for the month but don't need groceries, buy a $25 McDonald's card at double points and now you are at 600 with no wasted points. If you were at 595, go in a a Sunday paper and a 2 liter bottle of Coke so you don't loss the 95 points. The 600 points for February must be used during Feb and Mar along with all any points left over from January before the end of February (Jan points get used first automatically). Also if you didn't use any of the January points in January, after your first 100 points of February you now have 1000 for a Dollar off gasoline if you choose to use it. Again I only you the Dollar if I can fill up near empty or I can going to lose them if I don't use them. Load the Gas Buddy App on your phone to A) check gas prices and B) find the nearest Kroger to your route. Gas is 15 to 25 cents higher out by I-75 in Macon, but you can hit the Kroger off 475 or at the main Macon exit and save some bucks. Gas Buddy also helps with whether to use points or not. I had to go to Blue Ridge where gas is $1.77 or I could fill up at the local Kroger where its $1.97 and burn 300 points to match the 30 cents difference or save the points and take a Dollar off using 1000 the following day when I visit my son on HHI. I bought the cheap gas in the mountains and took the buck off a full 35 gallons on Hilton Head.

So make wise choices, buy during 4 times points when you can, watch your Kroger points on line not to loss points, don't use points for discounts just to top off IE save them for almost empty fill-ups, don't forget to use earned points within two months. Happy shopping, happy eating, happy saving, buy more ammo with the saving and take more courses!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You obviously have too much time on your hands. Considered any hobbies?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Besides Forum Posting (is that a hobby?)? I am retired so besides watching our rental properties, reloading, shooting, building ARs, camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, riding the Dragon, relaxing at the cabin, I can't think of a single hobby
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top