Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2015 7:48:23 PM EDT
Anyone up for meet on south side?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm probably going to see it in IMAX at the Mt Zion theater in Morrow in the AM.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a hot date with my wife tomorrow. I asked what she wanted to do and she said go see American Sniper.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Going Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife knows how much I want to see the movie after I read the book. She has a sitter and is making a date night out of it. What a gal.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Saw it earlier this week and it was good but the book was way better.

Only so much you can shove into two hours....
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:50:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Saw it tonight with Slipey.

Great movie, intense movie, sad movie.  

They did a good job with it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#7]
going tonight if any of the Augusta area folks want to go
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw it in IMAX last night. The sound system at the IMAX was amazing. Very good movie.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Great movie.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Very good movie, but Clint is losing his directing touch. The lack of attention to detail in some of the Stateside scenes drove me crazy. Without giving spoilers, the baby scenes were painful.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
baby scenes were painful.
View Quote

Yes, haha. That was just being lazy or cheap.

Good movie overall though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
baby scenes were painful.

I agree. I think it was being both lazy and cheap.  There were some continuity errors in there that were glaring to me but I'm geeky like that sometimes.  

It was good but it's very difficult to watch a military related movie with The Monk...picking things apart and whatnot

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#13]
What was the response from the crowd where you saw this movie?  For us, total silence and several, i would assume, vets standing at attention and or saluting.
powerful....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What was the response from the crowd where you saw this movie?  For us, total silence and several, i would assume, vets standing at attention and or saluting.
powerful....
View Quote

I saw no vets due my seating location, but at the end of the movie, it was very quiet and solemn.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Very still and quiet at ours, as well.  

Lots of gasps throughout the movie.  We took our 12 year old daughter with us.  We didn't want her to see it with anyone else, in case she had questions, but like her big brother she really liked Chris Kyle and thoroughly enjoys this genre of film (gets that from me, I suppose).  She said you could tell who read the book and who hadn't (she had...a requirement before going to see it) by the gasps from the audience at certain parts.  

I asked her later what she thought of it and she said it was a good movie.  Echoing The Monk, she is concerned that the Hollywood portrayal of all veterans having PTSD is what people who have no connections to the military will take away from the movies.  Smart girl, that one.  

No standing or saluting or anything like that.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top