Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2015 12:54:38 PM EDT
Good Morning Gentlemen/women.
A long time lurker, first time poster. This maybe a long shot, but im looking to shoot a 50-caliber BMG rifle somewhere here in Georgia with a few coworkers! I work for a product development firm, and we just completed a project on 50-caliber BMG, AR15, and 9mm bullets. We have plenty of left over artillery and want to have some fun after this long project! I managed to find one place in GA to shoot the rifle, but Im not sure if they rent the rifle (http://www.coolacressportingcamp.com). The firm is willing to pay to rent the rifle plus some training on how to shoot the rifle for the rookies on the team! Or, we can split up the bullets and share shooting the gun! Whatever works, we just want to blow off some steam and have some fun! Any suggestion or help would be most appreciated! Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Legion OTG can help you. Give Eddie a call and tell him Luke sent you.

Eddie Noland – Director of Operations

Office: (229) 724-4485

Cell: (706) 575-1138

[email protected]

They do a lot of corporate events and have a great facility.  They have a range that reaches out to over a mile, cabins you can stay in and all sorts of other amenities on their 3000 acre facility.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless you work for a well know ammo company I'm not sure if anyone will let you rent their weapon and use your own ammo. Don't be surprised if they say no. Good luck and have fun.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless you work for a well know ammo company I'm not sure if anyone will let you rent their weapon and use your own ammo. Don't be surprised if they say no. Good luck and have fun.
View Quote

Atlanta Range and Ordnance has one, but you have to purchase ammo from them for rentals.  Maybe they'd make an exception.  No idea....

http://atlantagunrange.com/
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
This, I doubt anyone will let you shoot your own ammo.  But its still worth giving Eddie a call.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have somewhere to shoot I'll rent you the M2HB to shoot it out of.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And I can find somewhere to shoot it if I can have a go on it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you have somewhere to shoot I'll rent you the M2HB to shoot it out of.....

And I can find somewhere to shoot it if I can have a go on it.

Starting to sound like the first shoot of the 2015!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a whole lotta places around that will let you shoot a .50BMG. They're worried about rounds leaving the range and they tear up steel.

Legion OTG has a 2500yd range with Barrett targets on for shooting .50BMG/.408CheyTac/.416 Barrett/etc., but their facility is not open to the public as a recreational range. They primarily do military/LE/gov't contracts and let certified/insured firearms Instructors rent their facilities. They also host competitive shooting events (IPSC, IDPA, precision rifle, NRA, etc.) that are primarily attended by civilians.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Not a whole lotta places around that will let you shoot a .50BMG. They're worried about rounds leaving the range and they tear up steel.

Legion OTG has a 2500yd range with Barrett targets on for shooting .50BMG/.408CheyTac/.416 Barrett/etc., but their facility is not open to the public as a recreational range. They primarily do military/LE/gov't contracts and let certified/insured firearms Instructors rent their facilities. They also host competitive shooting events (IPSC, IDPA, precision rifle, NRA, etc.) that are primarily attended by civilians.
View Quote
They do corporate events which is what it sounds like the OP is looking for.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't believe that I ever saw weapons for rent at Legion.

You can call Dixie Ammo Dump and talk to Cliff Brown or Geoff Ward. I helped them run several corporate-type events and customer/employee appreciation events. They supplied the rental Class III weapons and ammo, I supplied the range and the Instructors. I know they have a few different .50's up there; Barrett's and a Steyr, at a minimum.

Alternately, feel free to contact me via IM if you're interested I something like this. I can make the contact at Dixie Ammo Dump and see about putting an event together for you.

What make/load is the .50 ammo that you have?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Don't believe that I ever saw weapons for rent at Legion.

You can call Dixie Ammo Dump and talk to Cliff Brown or Geoff Ward. I helped them run several corporate-type events and customer/employee appreciation events. They supplied the rental Class III weapons and ammo, I supplied the range and the Instructors. I know they have a few different .50's up there; Barrett's and a Steyr, at a minimum.

Alternately, feel free to contact me via IM if you're interested I something like this. I can make the contact at Dixie Ammo Dump and see about putting an event together for you.

What make/load is the .50 ammo that you have?
View Quote
From what Eddie told me they work closely with companies like Cheytac.  They recently did a corporate event and brought a group of guys down to the range.  They had a goal of taking a 1 mile shot.   18 out of 20 were able to hit a target 1 mile away with the help of the guys from Cheytac.  Sounds like my kind of company!

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I was there the weekend they did the CheyTac shoot, although I was running a private carbine course on one of their multipurpose ranges.

I got one of my students recently onto target with his custom .338 Lapua at 1990yds (1.13 miles) using factory Lapua .338 Lapua 300grn ammo.

Myself and a buddy of mine were ringing the same 1990yd steel early last year with our .300 WinMags. His was a Steyr SSG 08 and mine was a custom rifle built by Walker Custom Rifles on a Stiller action with a Bartlein barrel. We were both using similar handloads with Berger 210grn VLD's.  Wish I still had that rifle.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was there the weekend they did the CheyTac shoot, although I was running a private carbine course on one of their multipurpose ranges.

I got one of my students recently onto target with his custom .338 Lapua at 1990yds (1.13 miles) using factory Lapua .338 Lapua 300grn ammo.

Myself and a buddy of mine were ringing the same 1990yd steel early last year with our .300 WinMags. His was a Steyr SSG 08 and mine was a custom rifle built by Walker Custom Rifles on a Stiller action with a Bartlein barrel. We were both using similar handloads with Berger 210grn VLD's.  Wish I still had that rifle.....
View Quote

There you have it, you guys with too many rifles are always selling them and wishing you still had them.  What we have here is a fatal concept error IE there is no such thing as too many rifles, it just means one of two things: one needs a bigger safe or adding an additional new safe!  
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:44:53 AM EDT
[#14]
It wasn't a question of not enough room......it was a question of some stuff I wanted more and didn't have the $ for!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:12:17 AM EDT
[#15]
QRF Jake is going to be your best option .
Again do you have factory ammo or are they reloads of some type?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Centerfire Precision in Woodbury Ga has a 50bmg for rent and you can shoot 300yards at a car or a Zombie if they cross the range:-)
www.centerfireprecision.com
FB too
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#17]
There ya go!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#18]
You guys are amazing! Will run some of these options with the guys and get back to you!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Also, these are military-grade bullet from Lake City!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top