Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 11:17:51 AM EDT
I've seen several Black Friday ads released but don't see any good deals on suppressors. Too specialized?

One of the big problems with these things is obviously cost. Local dealers have a built in advantage due to not having a transfer cost from out of state. I was shocked to learn that most suppressors purchased from out of state will run $70 or so to transfer to a local FFL (as opposed to $0 to $25 to transfer a gun). Local inventory and selection is smaller than the internet sites. What is a fellow to do with a few bucks burning a hole in his pocket.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've seen several Black Friday ads released but don't see any good deals on suppressors. Too specialized?

One of the big problems with these things is obviously cost. Local dealers have a built in advantage due to not having a transfer cost from out of state. I was shocked to learn that most suppressors purchased from out of state will run $70 or so to transfer to a local FFL (as opposed to $0 to $25 to transfer a gun). Local inventory and selection is smaller than the internet sites. What is a fellow to do with a few bucks burning a hole in his pocket.
View Quote

This is the thread you're looking for. Link

Or, for a GA Dealer running a lot of sales try this one: Link

Transfer fees for cans can run $50-200. The dealer needs to make something for their time and effort, as well as storage and answering the "is it back yet" call 1000 times. $70 is a bargain, and depending on what you buy may be less than in state sales tax.

I'd say that most local dealer's advantages are limited to the fact that there is no Form 3 wait, only the Form 4. I know plenty of people that would drop an extra $50-100 to shave off a couple months of their wait.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't get me wrong, don't want a dealer to incur costs and spend time for free. I just didn't know this transfer cost existed until recently.

Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't get me wrong, don't want a dealer to incur costs and spend time for free. I just didn't know this transfer cost existed until recently.

Thanks for the link!
View Quote

NP- The "cost" is like a labor fee at the auto shop. The dealer sets this fee. As far as Form 3's go they are tax free transfers.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

The hippie kicker ID'd QRF's Black Friday sale, but make sure you use the codes that he provided in the linked thread for the best price.

Cherokee Gun and Pawn has a pretty good selection of AAC and SilencerCo suppressors.  I've been told they'll price match internet ads plus their transfer fee.  I don't know how sales tax impacts their deal vs internet sales.  I've found Rich to be the most knowledgeable suppressor guy in the store.  Dawsonville Gun has a decent selection of Surefire and AAC and have moved prices to match for me before, but it has been a year since I've done a high dollar purchase there.  Georgia Firing Line has the best selection of GemTech I've seen around here, but they haven't bargained much except when I had a firearm to trade, and their prices are fairly high..

Silencer Shop will release its black Friday ad at midnight Thursday on Facebook.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Give me a shout Oleman, we have a ton of deals going right now.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Both qrf and Cherokee gun and pawn are having awesome deals. I got one of the pilot 2s from Cherokee for $179!,
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#7]
AAC still has their $200 rebate per suppressor running through the end of the year.  Just got back from Cherokee helping a a fellow gun owner purchase 4xAAC suppressors.  That's a pretty good deal going right now.a
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a question about suppressors.

I currently have 5 but would be interested in 51T in 7.62 and 5.56 to replace my 762 SD and M41000 both with the 18T mount.

Can they be traded in?

Can I sell them to an individual?  I would think I would have to go through a Class dealer 3 for all the paperwork.

Something I have been thinking about because the 18T seems to have such a POI difference compared to none mounted, or am I doing that wrong?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I currently have 5 but would be interested in 51T in 7.62 and 5.56 to replace my 762 SD and M41000 both with the 18T mount.

Can they be traded in?

Can I sell them to an individual?  I would think I would have to go through a Class dealer 3 for all the paperwork.

Something I have been thinking about because the 18T seems to have such a POI difference compared to none mounted, or am I doing that wrong?
View Quote

In state you can do a person to person transfer. It is a bit weird since you'll likely want them to prepay and you are holding their money and can for however long the transfer takes. Since people think of cans as lifetime purchases, It may be hard to find someone interested in older technology unless they are dirt cheap.

Out of state it would be transferred to a dealer, then to the person. This adds another layer of expense and would likely make it even harder to justify.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In state you can do a person to person transfer. It is a bit weird since you'll likely want them to prepay and you are holding their money and can for however long the transfer takes. Since people think of cans as lifetime purchases, It may be hard to find someone interested in older technology unless they are dirt cheap.

Out of state it would be transferred to a dealer, then to the person. This adds another layer of expense and would likely make it even harder to justify.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can they be traded in?

I am afraid you are correct and I had looked at it as a lifetime purchase.  My main interest in in the 51T mount that doesn't shift POI as much or am I thinking wrong on that?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am afraid you are correct and I had looked at it as a lifetime purchase.  My main interest in in the 51T mount that doesn't shift POI as much or am I thinking wrong on that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can they be traded in?

51T have had their fair share of issues with POI shift.  Pecking order of QD mounts  Surefire, SilencerCo, AAC, YHM

If you're worried about POI shift a thread on can is the best
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
51T have had their fair share of issues with POI shift.  Pecking order of QD mounts  Surefire, SilencerCo, AAC, YHM  

View Quote

The military would disagree. Search what silencers are issued on the XM2010, PSR, and MK-13 weapons platforms.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The military would disagree. Search what silencers are issued on the XM2010, PSR, and MK-13 weapons platforms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#15]
OP IM me for pricing. We do have some great deals.

Rich
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/gfkdTaZ.png

Someone has always got to be the dude that quotes random stories from the internet.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I hve been thinking about a suppressor and a frend showed up at the range with a new AAC 5.56 suppressor - that was sweet.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/gfkdTaZ.png

So you're really smart and you quote issues with 51T mounts. And turns out that the silencers for those.Mil weapons systems I mentioned don't use 51T mounts. Not a single one. Maybe you should try these links: XM2010, Remington PSR, Navy MK-13
But then again you'd need to know what you're talking about. And we all know apparently that's not true.

<- Owns 4 51T cans, 3x 90T cans, and one thread on rifle can (all from a couple manufacturers). But the internet obviously knows more than I do.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I too own two 51t Mount cans and have had no issues.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Neither did the Team guys that hit UBL. Wanna know the last thing that the bullet passed through before it hit him in the face?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Neither did the Team guys that hit UBL. Wanna know the last thing that the bullet passed through before it hit him in the face?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An M4-2000.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
An M4-2000.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An M4-2000.
Nope, a little round thing with baffles in it.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A gas mix of 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen and 1% other trace gasses?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me neither! But I do need a m42k!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

An M4-2000.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An M4-2000.

Close.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An M4-2000.

Close.
416-SD

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
416-SD  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An M4-2000.

Close.
416-SD  

Isn't that can identical to the M4-2000 except the roll mark?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top