Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2014 4:37:58 PM EDT
I need to go look up the thread about protecting our garden with fishing line from the deer and thank the person who suggested it, because so far it appears to be working.

Here is one of our frequent moochers checking things out.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny. But not funny when the deer feast on your food.....

Dude man, did you change your screen name or did I pick bad mushrooms?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I may have mentioned it, at least posted a link but I seem to remember more than one suggesting it in that thread.

Must have been a thread in GD.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny. But not funny when the deer feast on your food.....

Dude man, did you change your screen name or did I pick bad mushrooms?
View Quote

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. In all seriousness, got tired of folks thinking my screen name was "dah-jinga".
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#4]
DJ - Do you have the original thread handy? My okra and sweet potatoes got absolutely destroyed overnight last night or early this morning... lots of little hoof prints surrounding the damage. My garden is not in a spot where a proper fence would be appropriate.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
DJ - Do you have the original thread handy? My okra and sweet potatoes got absolutely destroyed overnight last night or early this morning... lots of little hoof prints surrounding the damage. My garden is not in a spot where a proper fence would be appropriate.
View Quote

Let me look.

ETA - here you go.  The video is about halfway down.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you sir. Will definitely be doing the fishing line fence and looking into milorganite as posted in that thread.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I did a modified version of the fishing line fence.  Around here, we have a ton of rabbits and also my wifes chickens that would get in my garden.  I drove the t-posts and used the 4x50 ft HDX plastic fencing from Home Depot on the bottom and two strands of fishing line on the top.  Has worked great so far.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I did a modified version of the fishing line fence.  Around here, we have a ton of rabbits and also my wifes chickens that would get in my garden.  I drove the t-posts and used the 4x50 ft HDX plastic fencing from Home Depot on the bottom and two strands of fishing line on the top.  Has worked great so far.
View Quote

That's a good idea I may steal. We have some low-to-ground miscreants as well.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Thank you sir. Will definitely be doing the fishing line fence and looking into milorganite as posted in that thread.
View Quote

I haven't read through the thread but I've had some luck with milorganite.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#10]
My wife thinks the rabbits are cute. She was raising H:"ll when she saw the rabbits ate the tomatoes she planned to pick today
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top