Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 7:36:08 AM EDT
I thought Id say hello  I just moved to GA from south FL. I'm in the Marietta area and work in Buckhead. I'm still trying to learn the area and where everything is. A few things about me. I've been an NRA instructor for a decade. I'm a certified Glock armorer and S&W M&P armorer as well as a few other credentials that don't really apply to the real world.   I was in the firearms/executive protection industry for 11 years. I'm currently an investigator for a private company. In FL I owned a small custom Kydex company. Currently I'm not set up to produce,but I will be this year.  I'm a certified personal trainer and pretty much a gym rat. I love backpacking and kayaking too. That's about it in a nutshell. If anyone could give me a little SITREP on ranges , hiking etc it would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm down on the other end of the state so I'm little help on your questions, but Welcome Aboard!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, you are all that and you just got to Arfcom??
Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:02:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Boatloads of hiking up North.

http://theblueridgehighlander.com/hiking_trails/north_georgia/index.php

You are probably closer to Creekside Shooting range than any other.

I am fond of River Bend Gun Club, but then I sit on the board.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
creekside
View Quote

I'm actually in SW west Marietta closer to the Austell area currently.

Thanks for the Welcomes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for the Welcomes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
creekside

Thanks for the Welcomes.

So was I when I lived there. Still made the drive
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
creekside

Thanks for the Welcomes.

Edit - wasn't what I was trying to say.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Governors Gun Club in Hiram, a bit west of you.

GA Firing Line in Marietta

GA Firing Line would be closer, but Governors Gun Club is very very nice.  It actually has a country club membership option.  It has a full service bar and lounge for members.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought Id say hello  I just moved to GA from south FL. I'm in the Marietta area and work in Buckhead. I'm still trying to learn the area and where everything is. A few things about me. I've been an NRA instructor for a decade. I'm a certified Glock armorer and S&W M&P armorer as well as a few other credentials that don't really apply to the real world.   I was in the firearms/executive protection industry for 11 years. I'm currently an investigator for a private company. In FL I owned a small custom Kydex company. Currently I'm not set up to produce,but I will be this year.  I'm a certified personal trainer and pretty much a gym rat. I love backpacking and kayaking too. That's about it in a nutshell. If anyone could give me a little SITREP on ranges , hiking etc it would be much appreciated.
View Quote

Oh as far as local hiking.  Kennesaw Battlefield is a very good option.  If you do White Water Kayaking, I can help you with that.  Flat water, not so much.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome bud!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome. You also have Stoddards in Douglasville. Also, Sweetwater State Park has some good hiking.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Welcome. You also have Stoddards in Douglasville. Also, Sweetwater State Park has some good hiking.
View Quote

Sweet water is a fun place to go especially with dogs that like to swim.

Welcome to Ga!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:24:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Im sorry you have to go to fuc......I mean Buckhead check out Dahlonega lots of trails there. Benton Mckay is the first on the app.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#14]
You just missed the backpacking/ bug out trip the other weekend. Welcome
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Welcome the the neighborhood.

I'm just a little north of you in Powder Springs and I also work in Buckhead. My office is just off of East Paces Ferry Rd.

It sounds like Creekside is the place for you. As a member $175 a year it's one of the only ranges around that you can train (shot and move) at.

If you want to get together for lunch one day just PM me and I could use your help with my two M&P's.

Marcus
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Creekside is a great range. We also have west Georgia youth range in Tallapoosa. It's a private range, there is no waiting list and you get a key to the range. The range has three pistol pits, a two hundred yard rifle range and trap and skeet. If interested let me know. Two hundred dollars the first heat, and a hundred after that. It's also a 501c3 entity and your donation is tax deductable.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Make sure you carry in Atlanta     Trust us on this. Welcome to GA and AR15.....the General discussion forum under the
general tab is a freakin' zoo and pure entertainment on the weekend nights...well, anytime really

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:05:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Welcome to Georgia! Grew up in Tampa myself. Overall, I prefer Georgia. Im in Cobb County area.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:21:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Welcome aboard
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:02:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Welcome aboard
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top