Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2013 10:17:05 AM EDT
Team member Fatalwishes (Jeffry Reedy) is fighting stage IV Burkitts Lymphoma. Here is a link to the thread he started yesterday.

I'm Dying

Some great folks in GD have taken it upon themselves to start a fund to help out Jeff with his considerable medical expenses. Please donate if you can, and if you can't, please post some words of encouragement in the thread. Numerous Texas arfcomers have gone to see him at the hospital and show their support. We have raised in excess of $15,000 in just over 24 hours. Here is a link to donate.

http://www.gofundme.com/4zxjjk

For those of you who don't go to GD, this thread will restore your faith in GD and in humanity.

Thank you,

bmick325

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Team member Fatalwishes (Jeffry Reedy) is fighting stage IV Burkitts Lymphoma. Here is a link to the thread he started yesterday.

I'm Dying

Some great folks in GD have taken it upon themselves to start a fund to help out Jeff with his considerable medical expenses. Please donate if you can, and if you can't, please post some words of encouragement in the thread. Numerous Texas arfcomers have gone to see him at the hospital and show their support. We have raised in excess of $15,000 in just over 24 hours. Here is a link to donate.

For those of you who don't go to GD, this thread will restore your faith in GD and in humanity.

Thank you,

bmick325

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#2]
God that is awful.  That tore my heart out.  Good health is something I take for granted way too much.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the saddest things you will read
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
It's tough to read but amazing to see the support of the membership here. I donated and ask that if you haven't, please consider doing so.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
+1
View Quote

You have certainly stepped up as an admirable example. My thoughts are with him and his family.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You have certainly stepped up as an admirable example. My thoughts are with him and his family.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

I may have bit off a little more than I can chew (kudos to him for knocking a sizeable mortgage down to only 8 years!), but we'll figure out something.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's tough to read but amazing to see the support of the membership here. I donated and ask that if you haven't, please consider doing so.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm Dying

Thank you,

bmick325

View Quote

Thanks for posting this. Pay day is Thursday.

I couldn't get past page 3.  Too emotional.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just read the entire thread.  Teary eyed now.

Pay day is Friday.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I donated.  The picture of his kid hit me in the gut.  It got very dusty around me several times today reading that thread.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 2:10:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 3:19:03 AM EDT
[#13]
man, that's rough to read, prayers for him and his family
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you for bringing this in the GAHTF. That is an inspiring and emotional thread. Arfcom is an amazing place.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thank you for bringing this in the GAHTF. That is an inspiring and emotional thread. Arfcom is an amazing place.
View Quote

I agree.  Thanks for donating!
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Hit. Wasn't much, wish it could have been more.

Over $43,000 now . . .
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I am only through  pages so far. I am A+ and been on the be the match list for over ten years. I have never been called. I would have thought there would have been more people needing donations than that. Work did a sign up drive and everyone in my department signed up at the same time. None of us have been called.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#18]
$44,292 wow!
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Guys, we need to give special thanks to one of our own. DJinGA stepped up and made a hefty contribution to Jeff's fund. IIRC, it was a mortgage payment.

DJ correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Guys, we need to give special thanks to one of our own. DJinGA stepped up and made a hefty contribution to Jeff's fund. IIRC, it was a mortgage payment.

View Quote

Looked like two mortgage payments to me
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't been able to follow every page of the thread, but I knew it was at least one.

DJ

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, that was the original offer, but to be honest its a little up in the air.  Jeff and his wife are trying to get their minds wrapped around the whole situation.  Reta suggested maybe a donation to Scottish Rite, beamatch.com or something similar.  I asked them to pick something that would make them happy and I'll hit it.

I'm sure they're getting flooded with emails, so I'm trying not to rush them.

Poor Reta, the first time I called and asked for her mortgage info she broke down crying on the phone.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Contribution made.  Up to 48Kish.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Contribution made.  Up to 48Kish.
View Quote

Good on ya!
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#25]
As promised earlier in the week, donation made!

Lets keep it rolling!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#26]
RIP
FatalWishes
An amazing roller coaster story when you read it all the way through
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
RIP
FatalWishes
An amazing roller coaster story when you read it all the way through
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top