Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2013 11:01:28 AM EDT

So I had heard that the CCI Quiet stuff was pretty quiet but that it wouldn't cycle semis. It's only moving at about 710 fps, so that makes sense.

I had a time finding some and one of my dealers in NC was nice enough to hook me up with 2 bricks. I really wanted a case, but $600 for a 5k rd case of .22 was a bit steep even for me.

I ran some rounds through my Browning T bolt and I was impressed. Like really impressed. BTW- The threaded T Bolt is the balls.

I tried it on one of my MKIII's and sure enough about a 50% fail rate.

But, the crown jewel of silencer hosts (for me anyway) is the Beretta 70S Jaguar. Jason at AO threaded it and made an adapter for it a few months ago and it has turned into my favorite rimfire host. (Thomas coated the slide and Mark took my money- credit where credit is due ).

100% success rate.

My face was all like
And the gun was all like PEW PEW PEW

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!  And a cool Beretta to boot!

My favorite .22 pistol is my Beretta 76.......highly accurate and retro-cool.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Great setup. I've been wanting a 70S ever since the 80's and have never found one.

Trivia question: What is the 70S's claim to fame?
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great setup. I've been wanting a 70S ever since the 80's and have never found one.

View Quote

The Israelis killed a fuckton of people with it?
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Used to be fielded by Israeli Air Marshals. Also, the pistols issued to the operatives that hunted down the terrorists who committed the atrocities at the '72 Olympics in Munich.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Used to be fielded by Israeli Air Marshals. Also, the pistols issued to the operatives that hunted down the terrorists who committed the atrocities at the '72 Olympics in Munich.
View Quote

You said what I said but with more words.

Link for those seeking more knowledge: Link
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I was typing and posting mine simultaneous with you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you're interested, I looked a few minutes ago, and there's  one up on Gunbroker right now.  I think it was listed in the $600s.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

What a nice thing to think about while we're still right near 9/11.  Hunting down and deliberately expiring terrorists.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Love the Israelis. I've spent a bit of time there and trained with elements of the IDF as well as their "Fed LEO's".

If I ever have to leave the US for good, I'm going to Israel.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Love the Israelis. I've spent a bit of time there and trained with elements of the IDF as well as their "Fed LEO's".

If I ever have to leave the US for good, I'm going to Israel.
View Quote

I like them so much, I have an Uzi and a Tavor.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know, I was just ribbing you a little.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I can be.........verbose, at times.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I sighted in my little badger with ccI quiets in my basement with the AAC pilot. The sound of the bullet going through the the cardboard box was the loudest part.

Haven't tried then in a semi. I have subs for that.

Still want a Beretta 21a a
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#15]
That was a fun one to thread!  I actually have a similar project in the to do-  a Walther TPH.  I've been scoping out the Beretta 76 and 87 Target models on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspected the two of you would know.

I read the book Vengeance by George Jonas when it came out in 1984. In the book, Jonas claimed the 70S was the pistol used by the Mossad hit squads. I figured any pistol used to whack a bunch of terrorist was high on my list to get. Too bad they were discontinued around the same time. FYI, I had a buddy who was a former CIA officer and he told me they also used the 70S  in small numbers because they made good suppressor hosts and were deniable.

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#17]
p0p0k0pf, the 76 is a great pistol. I got mine off GB years ago, with 2 mags. Picked up 3 more mags since then.  If you were thinking of using it as a suppressor host, it would take some fancy machining to make it happen.

Shot mine quite a few times at the Steel Challenge in Griffin, did very well.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 4:53:52 AM EDT
[#18]
hey IKH, have you founf a decent source for spare mags for your 70? I've got one too. Favorite 22 by far, (and i plan on having Jason work his magic as well.) but I've only got one mag. I've been looking for over a year and I can't find any spare factory mags for it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 6:59:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
hey IKH, have you founf a decent source for spare mags for your 70? I've got one too. Favorite 22 by far, (and i plan on having Jason work his magic as well.) but I've only got one mag. I've been looking for over a year and I can't find any spare factory mags for it.
View Quote

They're in stock over at numrich.

Link
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#20]
By "Replacement" mag, is that  Triple K and not an original?
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#21]
What would be the best place to find one of those Beretta? Assume just watch the classifieds?
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What would be the best place to find one of those Beretta? Assume just watch the classifieds?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you want to pay top dollar, Gunbroker or Armslist.

Honestly I stumbled on that one when I was visiting Cherokee Gun & Pawn. Rich took care of me on it and I was more than happy.

The best places are random pawn shops and gun stores. It will take up a lot more time and money doing it that way though.

Quoted:
By "Replacement" mag, is that  Triple K and not an original?

That is what I am assuming, but the 10rd mag said factory.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Every time I see a 70 it makes me think of some bad guy on an old James Bond movie.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can say I've never heard of this pistol before, thanks for the read. Maybe this will make it on to my list one day.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 10:22:19 AM EDT
[#25]
My preferred retro suppressor host is a Russian Makarov with a Russian made .22 adaptor kit with a thread adaptor. Suppressed Russian Makarov FTW
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I sighted in my little badger with ccI quiets in my basement with the AAC pilot. The sound of the bullet going through the the cardboard box was the loudest part.

Haven't tried then in a semi. I have subs for that.

View Quote

So, what do you think of the little badger?
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Not the most comfortable thing to shoot but built like a tank even though it is very light and packable. More accurate than I am too

I would buy it again in a heartbeat!
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Nice set up
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I THOUGHT I had one of those holding up a wobbly coffee table in my basement.

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#30]
3 more 21As gained the ability to host a can today.  Ask me how I know.  : )
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 3:08:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I can say I've never heard of this pistol before, thanks for the read. Maybe this will make it on to my list one day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is my favorite 22, and one of my favorite handguns. I picked one up as a gift for helping out a friend a few years back. I've probably put 2k rounds through it since. Which is a lot when you consider I only have 1 8rd mag for it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Sweet gun OP.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 3:29:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 4:13:04 AM EDT
[#34]
BH is that because the barrel is fixed and the slide actually slides off over the end of the barrel?  I have never seen one so just guessing here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 4:13:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 5:14:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Everyone in the shop loved that one.  Jason had to do a little extra work to the custom adapter so it could be removed for field stripping/cleaning.

<a href="http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/AccurateOrdnance/media/Suppressors/pistol/beretta71_01_caLarge_zps77513f6f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g426/AccurateOrdnance/Suppressors/pistol/beretta71_01_caLarge_zps77513f6f.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/AccurateOrdnance/media/Suppressors/pistol/beretta71_02_caLarge_zpsd81dde2b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g426/AccurateOrdnance/Suppressors/pistol/beretta71_02_caLarge_zpsd81dde2b.jpg</a>

I want one of these too.  VERY cool host and super quiet.  Of course, I had to try it out with my own Element before Derek picked it up.

Mark
View Quote

You guys have ruined me. I want one too.  

Btw, what would be a decent price for one of these, should I ever manage to find one?

Also (you can IM if needed), what's the cost to thread one?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 5:24:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 5:29:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Derek can tell you more on the pistol cost.

For threading it, we needed to thread the barrel, make a custom adapter and thread that on the inside to fit the barrel and then thread externally for the suppressor.  Knurled thread protector and the set screw are the last pieces.  Total was $210.

Mark
View Quote

That's not bad.  I was quoted $150 just to thread a removable CZ 455 barrel the other day.  I'm guessing threading for a Beretta 21a would be around the same as the 70s?
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 6:30:59 AM EDT
[#39]
I too have a 21a.  Mine is matte stainless with a prodigy on the end.  Fun gun!  

Got mine from Accurate Ordnance less than a yr ago.  At the time they were a stocking item already threaded.  Reach out to Bookhound for 21a.

Another htf member and i have been discussing the 70 and other similar size 22's lately.  How do they compare to the 21a?  I love the size of the 21, but wouldn't mind adding another slightly larger pistol with a little better sights.  

It's always easy to justify adding another 22 to the safe.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#40]
BH's 21a was the first suppressed weapon I had ever seen let alone shot.  I bought my pilot that day!  

it's been down hill (for my bank account) since then.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 6:34:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#42]
If Memory serves right the 70S was $400-$450 or so.

Gunbroker will being a premium. If you see one in a local shop make the shop an offer on it.

Adter all this talk I think that I am going to look for another one. This one with a thumb safety.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If Memory serves right the 70S was $400-$450 or so.

Gunbroker will being a premium. If you see one in a local shop make the shop an offer on it.

Adter all this talk I think that I am going to look for another one. This one with a thumb safety.
View Quote

I'll be looking, for sure.  If you find one up in your area that's in good enough condition for a good price, please contact me (I'm in Savannah).

I've only bought one gun from a pawn shop, and I think I got a good deal on it.  Offered cash, and it was that price out the door.  It's a Glock 33, and just last night I was able to find a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for it for only $90 shipped.  9mm is lot's cheaper than .357 Sig, plus I can use my other 9mm Glock mags in it if needed then.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Best price I have seen on one for a while on gb:

Link
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Everyone in the shop loved that one.  Jason had to do a little extra work to the custom adapter so it could be removed for field stripping/cleaning.

<a href="http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/AccurateOrdnance/media/Suppressors/pistol/beretta71_01_caLarge_zps77513f6f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g426/AccurateOrdnance/Suppressors/pistol/beretta71_01_caLarge_zps77513f6f.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/AccurateOrdnance/media/Suppressors/pistol/beretta71_02_caLarge_zpsd81dde2b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g426/AccurateOrdnance/Suppressors/pistol/beretta71_02_caLarge_zpsd81dde2b.jpg</a>

I want one of these too.  VERY cool host and super quiet.  Of course, I had to try it out with my own Element before Derek picked it up.

Mark
View Quote

Hey Mark,
How did y'all handle the front sight? Was it moved to the frame instead of the barrel?

Thanks,
Accountant
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Hey Mark,
How did y'all handle the front sight? Was it moved to the frame instead of the barrel?

Thanks,
Accountant
View Quote

The sight was left in-position.  The front of the sight was cut slightly during the threading process.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The sight was left in-position.  The front of the sight was cut slightly during the threading process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hey Mark,

Thanks,
Accountant

Interesting. If I wanted to thread a Beretta 72 (long barrel 71), could the front sight be moved back? Here is a picture:

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#48]
FYI - I finally found a Beretta 87, so I listed my 70s on ODT.

I need to get it added to the EE here as well...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Sorry Acct-  I didn't see your post!

I don't have a cutter to make such a small dovetail along the bore-line, so the sight would have to be installed another way.  It could be laser-welded or soldered on and re-shaped, but that would be a bit of work that is outside my knowledge area.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#50]
I liked the original pic OP but this shit with the CT laser looks like a retard designed it.

You should know never to go full retard.

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=55833

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=55833

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top