Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2013 8:27:05 AM EDT
I posted the same thing in the NC forum and am so far striking out...

Taking the wife and kids (ages 8 and 11) to Asheville soon. I've got the hotel locked down thanks to the points from my many trips to Raleigh.

I've never been to Asheville. Other than Biltmore Estates, any suggestions on fun stuff to do with the family?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I go there once a year with the wife. Other than the Biltmore and some shopping there are some good hiking spots and rock climbing.  Be sure not to mistake all the hippies for Zombies.  Bring your bike and you can hit the bike trails at the Biltmore. Not a very exciting city for children.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to Mt Mitchell, bring a jacket.  Drive the parkway north one day then south the next, take a picnic lunch.  Go to Linville Falls. My wife and I rent a house yearly and we really enjoy it.  Like you I travel a lot and I find a fully furnished home more comfortable than a hotel room or suite.   There is quite a bit to do in and around Asheville, you just have to look for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top