Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2013 9:32:00 AM EDT
I think Dicks just got burnt in newnan!!! me and my wife will probably spend our money in academy just for the reason of selection of stuff and the anti gun crap!! the only reason I shopped their was get deer corn or minerals when wally world or my local TSC was out. that was my first trip in one. AND WOW!! Got to speak briefly with GaCop, but ill be back when your not swamped to chat more!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm planning on dropping by sometime this weekend.  I was thinking that next week might be better to give them time to restock after the grand opening crowds.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm headed that way shortly. I'm wearing a tan RJF shirt
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think Dicks just got burnt in newnan!!! me and my wife will probably spend our money in academy just for the reason of selection of stuff and the anti gun crap!! the only reason I shopped their was get deer corn or minerals when wally world or my local TSC was out. that was my first trip in one. AND WOW!! Got to speak briefly with GaCop, but ill be back when your not swamped to chat more!!
View Quote

Nice to meet you today! Man, I'm beat, I was supposed to leave at 3 but I was finally able to get out at 4. We were covered up all day. Can't wait 'til tomorrow! I'll be there 10-6.

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have always been impressed with academy.  I worked at Dicks and witnessed first hand the incompetent idiots they had running the gun counter.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I stopped by about 2:30 and that place was packed. Nice to see a huge crowd of NON-FSA take a place over.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#6]
im going to try to fo tomorrow if its not too packed out

GR
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I have to say GAcop that I do not know you outside this board but I watched you look for a job forever and it is great see to you land a gig that appears stable and in the field we love. I don't think anyone looked harder or longer than you. How do you like it so far? What is your commute? I know moving was not an option.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to say GAcop that I do not know you outside this board but I watched you look for a job forever and it is great see to you land a gig that appears stable and in the field we love. I don't think anyone looked harder or longer than you. How do you like it so far? What is your commute? I know moving was not an option.
View Quote

Hear, hear.  Very well said.  Good luck in the new job GAcop, Academy is one of my favorite stores.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Acadamy's business model seems to be placing their stores on the fringes of the countryside where unlike urban areas where Dicks tend to be, the value of the firearm remains unaffected by media brainrot.  A Dicks in an urban area, with its population tending to be gun-stupid, does not have the liberty to make sense about guns.  If the suspicion about Acadamy's BM is true, they do have the liberty to make sense.  

Acadamy in Hiram is awesome except for at least one prick behind the counter.  I know: no place is perfect.  If you're reading this, prick: Of course I knew what I was holding was a rifle-length floating forearm priced at ~$10.00.  It was in an opened box on the shelf with a seemingly erroneously low price--that's why I asked about it; I thought y'all were maybe trying to get rid of an undesired item.  If it wasn't an error, I was going to buy it.  I would have been stupid NOT to inquire.  ...And thanks to the other guy--the gentleman--who took the question seriously and scanned the box for me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
....I was supposed to leave at 3 but I was finally able to get out at 4. We were covered up all day. Can't wait 'til tomorrow! I'll be there 10-6.

View Quote

Congratulations.  I hope you thrive there.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#11]
wife and I went by about 2:00. it was swamped.

I didn't look around too much because we were trying to get home but I did get a 100 count of CCI mini mags for $7.50ish  and she got 2 boxes of American eagle .22lr for something like $2.20 a box.

GR
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I should add they had 30 round  Pmags for 19.99

GR
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
I was born here in Newnan and have been here all my life. I really enjoy working there so far and I think we have a pretty good crew. I live up in N. Coweta in the Roscoe area and it's about a 10 mile drive to work.

I was going to keep working part-time at Home Depot but my wife just got a new job that started at $20/ hour, so I think my full-time at Academy will be enough.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was born here in Newnan and have been here all my life. I really enjoy working there so far and I think we have a pretty good crew. I live up in N. Coweta in the Roscoe area and it's about a 10 mile drive to work.

I was going to keep working part-time at Home Depot but my wife just got a new job that started at $20/ hour, so I think my full-time at Academy will be enough.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats bud!! will stop by the gun counter ever time I come in!! I usually stop in for hunting stuff like corn and minerals for deer. and hunting clothes.

need some rapid rails for my two lock on  and other stuff to keep the deer in front of my trail cams to see what I got in horn this yr....
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Man it was a busy weekend! I don't know the total for the whole weekend but we sold 60 guns just on Friday. We still have ammo but we sold out of .22lr this morning. We should get another ammo shipment next week sometime.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Man it was a busy weekend! I don't know the total for the whole weekend but we sold 60 guns just on Friday. We still have ammo but we sold out of .22lr this morning. We should get another ammo shipment next week sometime.
View Quote
Congratulations on the job!

I've been waiting for it to open!  I'm looking forward to stopping in.

If you get a chance, the Green Tomato Buffet is reasonably priced and pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If you get a chance, the Green Tomato Buffet is reasonably priced and pretty good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wheres this buffet??
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Wheres this buffet??
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wheres this buffet??
In the building where Johnny Carino's was, next to Ruby Tuesday's. They have damn good fried chicken and the bread pudding is .

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh ok! I remember it now! Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Ammo purchase limits changed today, now you can buy TWO boxes per caliber or one bulk pack of 100 rounds and up. The three box limit is gone too. Maybe things are coming back slowly.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#21]
GAcop!!!

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#22]
I walked around the store for an hour over the weekend and was disappointed. The prices and selection were a let down.

They didn't have the higher-quality merchandise that Dicks has and their prices weren't any better than Wally World. The gun section seemed o.k. but only because they has some ammo and a few magazines in stock. I was very disappointed in their line-up of cheap scopes, most of which seemed only capable of handling the recoil of airsoft rifle.

I wasn't able to compare prices on the guns, but I think I'll just stick with AR Bunker because they carry reloading stuff too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Just got back. Picked up some 7.62x39 and an AK mag. Didn't see any .380, 9mm, or .223.

GAcop; don't know if you were there or not, but the gun counter was hopping so I didn't want to get in the way.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Just got back. Picked up some 7.62x39 and an AK mag. Didn't see any .380, 9mm, or .223.

GAcop; don't know if you were there or not, but the gun counter was hopping so I didn't want to get in the way.

View Quote
We're out of .380. The 9mm and .223 are at the table up front by the fishing stuff.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:58:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We're out of .380. The 9mm and .223 are at the table up front by the fishing stuff.  
View Quote

Ok.  That makes sense.  

Just gives me a reason to go back.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top