Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2013 5:21:14 PM EDT
I am closing on a new home and have a home theater room in the basement.  It isn't anything spectacular but is 17 feet long, close to 13" wide and has 9 foot ceilings.

I am having someone come out to look at the room and find out about installation prices for mounting a projector to my ceiling and running some cables inside the walls to conceal them.  

Anyone else setup a home theater recently?

I am going with a Hybrid 3 speaker package from HSU Research that has won a lot of awards.  Very good prices, and top quality stuff.

For the receiver, I am pretty partial to Denon.

The projector will be a Epson 5020UB 1080P 3D projector

With the length of the room I have to work with, I should be able to get between 130" and 145" screen projected on the wall.  Depends on how tall the picture gets as to where the cut off is.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you in GA?  I was doing some part time work with a AV installer that does installs in everything from condos to multimillion dollar homes.  Depending on what you want out of the system and your other equipment, it could all be centrally located and distributed throughout the house.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I usually DIY things. We bought a new home in Canton and I paid a low voltage contractor to install my alarm system, smoke alarms, home theater, speakers on deck area, speakers in master bedroom, and integrate all that to operate off my iPad. Money well spent to have a professional installation.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm your bang for the buck home theater guy...

Let me know when you get to my stage of the research.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I usually DIY things. We bought a new home in Canton and I paid a low voltage contractor to install my alarm system, smoke alarms, home theater, speakers on deck area, speakers in master bedroom, and integrate all that to operate off my iPad. Money well spent to have a professional installation.

Elan system?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top